Home » Literary works » Short Story » General

Random Late Night Christmas Rant

by Firestarter

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:53 pm
Firestarter says...

Wow, talk about dragging up something old ...

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:48 pm
jcrusader says...

I know i do not have a great right to comment since its ike my thrid post but i liked it,
it was mysterious in a good way.

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:37 pm
Harley wrote a review...

This is interesting Jackineiser :P Seriously though, I can totally understand the emotion yu were going for.

Even a creamy chocolate doesn’t brighten your mood, succulent and soothing as it may be.

Don't let Emma read this! lol

Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:59 am
Chevy wrote a review...

This is the result of me writing when I'm tired, when I've had a lot of beer, when I'm pissed off at my friends, when I feeling pretty lonely, and when I'm listening to Snow Patrol:

If this the result of that, I can't wait to see what your writing is like when you're awakened, sober, your friends are being nice, someone's beside you,
and you're listening to The Beatles (best band forever).

Well, I know I got way carried away but this was excellent. There were a few run on sentences here and there. Overall, very good though.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:17 pm
Nate wrote a review...

This is good. You conveyed the emotions very well, and you painted a scene that rings true.

To be honest, I don't like Christmas either, albeit for different (although similiar) reasons. I find it to be overwhelmingly fake and selfish. I'd be much happier if Christmas was just another religious holiday like the Assumption or All Saints Day. Instead, what's really just a barely significant day has been turned into an orgy of commercialist propaganda.

Anyhow, I liked it.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:11 am
mim wrote a review...

i like this. so very true! I felt very upset at the start.... but i resisted the urge to smudge my mascara lol. As usual i don't know what to say, but i defo liked it! :D mim x

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest