z

Young Writers Society



[Untitled]

by Firestarter



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 3089
Reviews: 23

Donate
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:35 am
EdgarAllanPoe says...



I thought the pace was great. It was what a poem should be. The vocabulary, the pace, the expression. Everything. It was a good poem and you deserve the great reviews you got back. It was very good.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:11 pm
Firestarter says...



All your points are correct. I mainly wrote the poem for it's pace, yes, not for it's ideas, because they are rather general and not focused onto anything. Hence the lack of punctuation and decent rhythm I constructed. I'm not to sure how to change this into something more presentable, as I guess at the time of writing I was into the subject matter a lot more. However, thanks fo5 your comments, I'll perhaps look back onto this at a later time.




User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:03 pm
Incandescence wrote a review...



This fell in the realm of mediocricity. The rhythm: perfect. The style: you. The poem: everyone. The meaning conveyed to me was that you wanted some sort of redemption, for your suffering or not suffering, whichever you want. Whether or not that's the point, and I highly doubt it is, it sounded like something most of us could write, some of use, though, would have to try very hard. Having read all of your poetry, I know you can do better than this. It was full of imagery and yearning for a point. If you tried, you could refine the idea of this poem and morph it into something more easily conveyed.

As a poem, the style and rhythm engulfs its readers and, upon first inspection, led me to believe that it was beautiful. And it is beautiful, in the sect of just that: style and rhythm. The point was rather vague and was not fully communicated with the reader. Or in a sense that the reader could connect the point to their lives. You might have been trying for something that has the effect of captivating the reader in the flow of the poem (and if you do, I commend you), but if it was supposed to pull of a conviction of what you seem to believe or present in this poem, it failed. I like your writings, just not this.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:17 pm
Firestarter says...



Second problem. C...c...commas...commas...needs commas...


I didn't use any punctuation for a reason. It's supposed to be really fast.




User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:26 pm
Chevy wrote a review...



an enigma waiting to be unleashed
enclosed in a stone prison
with just a small hole for air


I loved this part the most. However two small problems. Well, one small problem. The other, a big problem.

and never-ending clutchings for love

You should probably take out the "and." I read it without it and it sounded better.

Second problem. C...c...commas...commas...needs commas...




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:38 pm
Firestarter says...



But you said Incandescence hasn't commented, and he's your final opinion, right?




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:57 pm
Sam says...



don't bother, firestarter- there's not really anything TO change!




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:31 pm
Firestarter says...



Thanks. I'll just wait for someone to tell me what to change then.... :)




User avatar
137 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 137

Donate
Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:53 am
Wulie says...



I really love your stuff I a\m a bit like same I just love things and never very good with saying what to change. There really isn't anything wrong with it, it flows wonderfully and the worlds really capture the sense of emotion.
muchous love wuxx




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:03 am
Sam wrote a review...



*crying softly* OMG this is sooo cool...I love how it's like going from how you're like hopeless too looking for heaven...this is beautiful! (k, sam, find something to critique!) Gotta wait for Incandescence to get to this, though...he's the final opinion. *lol*





There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable