z

Young Writers Society



face the truth

by Firestarter



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:14 pm
Chevy wrote a review...



I agree with Matt. It did have a lot of depth to it and a lot to take in.

The only thing:

"you're too scared to be impulsive, too afraid to let go of
the pointless traditions and superstitions you hold on to"

I thought the "of" in the first line seemed a little out of place. But I guess it has to be there. I don't know how you could possibly change it.




User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 22481
Reviews: 558

Donate
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:00 pm
Matt Bellamy wrote a review...



Ooh, this is good. Very well written, and there's a lot going on in it...lots to take in. It's good, it has depth. Plus, I liked the way you put "you just couldn't do that." as a line on its own. Seems to make the statement important, and stand out from other stanzas. Like saying "this is basically what I'm trying to tell you in this poem. This is what you need to know, you just couldn't do that."

Heh, well done Jack.





We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies