the tree of life

by Firestarter

Firestarter says...

Heyday n.

The period of greatest popularity, success, or power; prime.

It is rather emotionally detached. I'll work on it.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:42 am
Meshugenah wrote a review...

This felt detached and rather melencholy. It also felt overly metaphorical, but I think that's just me. Also, I could feel this, but I didn't live it.

bearing joyful fruits, depositing them indiscriminately to those you meet
This line stands out for me.. can't say why, really. I too was wondering about "heyday", but it seems to me I do know it, I just can't remember at the moment. Hmm.. second stanza, third through sixth lines didn't quite feel right to me.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:06 am
Chevy wrote a review...

Um well...you always do a good job with imagery and you use your words in a way that I haven't seen anyone else do. However, I just can't seem to feel anything. I feel like I'm looking into glass box with a rose in it. I'm looking at it...admiring it because it's so beautiful but I just can't touch it...I can't feel it.

grim, defiant strokes of the industrial heyday
I know this might sound stupid but what is a heyday? I do love this line though I don't even know what a heyday is and I'm too lazy to look it up in Webster's.

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney