z

Young Writers Society



the story of a brave few

by Firestarter



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:47 am
Firestarter says...



Thanks both.

I'll consider what you pointed out Xan (sorry, I make up random nicknames for people). Yeh I'll probably remove that stanza at a further draft or point in time. It worked in my head and just didn't transfer to paper. I'll find another way of saying what I mean.

I also have to add - that "bullet holes in their capillary walls" line isn't entirely my line, since I ripped it off The Clash from Spanish Bombs - "Bullet holes in the cemetery walls." It was just a play on that.




User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:07 pm
xanthan gum wrote a review...



parts i didn't like:

Showing in your eyes was all the pain and denial


--this didn't exactly fit with the lines around it.

Degeneration is replaced with exhilaration
is replaced with degredation is replaced with
electrification is replaced with dejection ...


--i understood the point, but it lacked effect after the second line dragged into the third and it just became annoying.


the iridescence of your butterfly wings
would shine again;


--i usually wouldn't be so harsh, espicially since this part is beautiful, but i feel that it doesn't tie into the poem well. still, don't cut it out - it's far too striking.

the ending was fabulous, the title catchy and the beginning held me under a complete arrest of interest. in fact, the entire idea of bullet holes in capillary walls gives me shivers.




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 9

Donate
Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:59 pm
black templar wrote a review...



nice :D :lol: I especially like this bit:

Did you hear the cries of the severed ones,
who left a trail of blood when they left the road,
taking the wrong exit and using the wrong gear.





Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso