z

Young Writers Society



Napoleonic Fiction Part 2 (still untitled)

by Firestarter


new fight was just beginning.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:38 pm
Firestarter says...



I was hoping to make the dailogue the focus of that section, so if you see any mistakes in that I'd like that. Also, anything general you have to say about why it's not as good, please say so! :)




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:42 pm
Sam says...



It's OK...not the greatest post yet, but it's kind of a filler. If it's meant to be some big revelation, then tell me and I'll help you fix it up.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26 pm
Firestarter says...



Thanks Harley, and Sam.

By the way, a new update has been posted up there ^^ if you want to read any more.




Random avatar

Points: 1212
Reviews: 241

Donate
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:17 pm
Harley says...



Wow this is excellent, Jack! I really like the fighting scene, but i didn't think i would, you write it differently, with no big words or anything. Go you! I really like this and i can't wait for more. Nice one!




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Sam wrote a review...



Much much much better. I just think in one part you need to start a new paragraph, the one where's he's like "i must be going' and then he's outside...that needs to be separated if you're not going to describe his actually going outside and meeting Lorena.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:27 pm
Firestarter says...



By the way, Sam, I've changed that bit a little. I hope it will alleviate your confusion a bit. I edited my original post in the Napoleonic Fiction topic. If you still don't get it, I'll probably just re-write the whole thing.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:12 pm
Firestarter says...



Yeh, I was gonna extend that part. It was a bit "rushed". Mainly because I got bored and want to get to the fighting part.




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:50 pm
Sam says...



This is great, i won't deny you that. But I am still confused about what happened between James and the portuguese girl...that wasn't very clear in the original post. I'll go over it again, and if it still confuses me, I'll let you know.





I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King