z

Young Writers Society



Spirited #4

by Firestarter



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Tue May 29, 2007 8:45 pm
Emerson wrote a review...



I like how you're pulling the threads together. It's going at a great timing. And your switching POVs works nicely.

“You’re saying they set out tomurder?”
Space!

But worst of all was the death of a completely innocent woman, someone who was more a victim than anything in this whole circumstance.
Anyone?

Glee. This is so fun to read. I can feel Diane's high xD you did her character lovely. The beginning, with her climbing then just *showing up* with Diane went kind of odd for me, but otherwise, great as always.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:08 am
Firestarter says...



Well, there's only so many superlatives I can throw at you three. Thanks guys! I don't really deserve you're kind words and awesome critique.




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:45 am
Sam wrote a review...



And you say this isn't outlined?

It fits so beautifully together, in all of its little layers...it would take truckloads of notecards in order to figure this out the proper way. Hmmph. *shuns Jack*

FOREVER THE HISTORIAN'S JOKE:

Really, I'm going to write an entire paragraph on a single, throw-away line. :wink:

We historically-minded geeks practically sweat out corny jokes. "Honey, does my toga make me look fat?" is no exception to this rule.

...in all of this gorgeous prose, the Other F-Bomb emerges.

So, Diane looks really good in her robes. Jade does not. How else shall we word that? I think this is the time for a corny analogy to take the place of Jade's bodily insecurities. How were the robes shaped? Was the color a bad one, as well? Do elaborate.

___

Ah, only one point to tear apart? Pity. I beg you- write badly, next time. Please? No more pretty stuff for you. That way, I have something to do besides dole out heartfelt compliments.

I do like the blind subserviance- something that Jade reacts to in a hilarious way. The whole situation is cleverly done, what with the child and the robotic response, and the suspiscion that this might actually be taking place within the frieze.

Good stuff.




User avatar
531 Reviews


Points: 8846
Reviews: 531

Donate
Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:13 pm
Caligula's Launderette wrote a review...



Lo, dahling!

Apparently, the new movie I am talking about when I make mention of plagues and what-not is The Reaping.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Ta,
Cal.




User avatar
647 Reviews


Points: 9022
Reviews: 647

Donate
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:32 am
Alteran wrote a review...



You didn't think i would let this slip by did you?

Although she no longer stared in wonder, like the first few times, she still followed the sculptured with a smile.


not sure if you wanted th d at the end of sculpture.

I totally get what the kid is for now. And i think it's in a good place as #3 . Cause when i read the mother was killed it all came flodding in. I was sad cause the kid wanted to get her something nice for once.

So depressing. Nice use of dialouge and I hope the premonition will be revealed later. Interest has been piked further and I anticipate more :)





Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster