Napoleonic Fiction 3 (needs work)

by Firestarter

make it good.

Firestarter says...

Well, actually, I've never written a battle scene, so I'm not even sure if I can give you help lol. Is that for your hourglass book? Finally getting off the romance, eh?

Of course you've never heard of them! No one has. I just meant I didn't create the names and the characters.

Sam says...

They must be English. I've never heard of them. :wink:

I'm going to need help writing battle scenes eventually...*hint hint* Anyway, Can't wait for the next installment!

p.s- yeh...it's like..."They haven't seen women or rum in ages, and you expect them to defeat the Frenchies?"

Something like that. I haven't seen it in awhile either.

Firestarter says...

Thanks, Harley. But err...I dunno, I though this bit was worse. Maybe it's because I get bored not writing action scenes. Luckily, I get a battle to write next. Expect about the next ten installments to be on that :wink:

Is it, Sam? I should really watch that film again, haven't see it for aaages, and I love it. If it's too smiliar, I should probably change it. I like the "Nonsense!" too, hehe. I like my characters to have catchphrases.

Just as a side-note, Lieutenant-Colonel Lake, Major Way, Sergeant-Major Richards and Sergeant Rostern were all real people.

Sam wrote a review...

OK, this made me laugh. In a good way, of course. NONSENSE!!! muahahahaha, that is never going to get old.

“Today is the day we start the French running with their skirts between their legs! And when that happens, it means more women and more alcohol!” Lake finished.

That is almost exactly quoting Master and Commander. Well done.

Harley says...

I'll help you make it good.

Step 1: Change nothing.
Step 2: Write more of it.
Step 3: Post it.

:thumb: Great job, Jack.

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic