z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Silence & Sound

by speakerskat


There is no greater friend

to a poet in distress

than complete silence

broken in little intervals

that seem to disrupt thought

just enough

to spark inspirtaion.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Mon May 29, 2017 12:00 am
alliyah wrote a review...



Hello there,

this is a nice concise piece that I think would benefit from some larger metaphor and figurative language use. Inspiration is spelled wrong at the end. But overall good grammar and spelling! Just a bit more description and lengthening out these concepts would be a positive addition to the piece.

Best wishes in writing!

~alliyah




User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 5229
Reviews: 80

Donate
Fri May 26, 2017 5:54 pm
Jurelixranoanad wrote a review...



Hi, J here for a review.
This was a great poem and I could see where you were going with it. It just needs to have more. If there was a little bit more lines with some deeper similarities and a better flow I could give it a more honest review. Try to add some lines and make the poem longer. Over all the poem was very good it had a great rhyme that was hardly ever distrubed.

Good Job and Keep Writing!!




User avatar
373 Reviews


Points: 46306
Reviews: 373

Donate
Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm
PrincessInk wrote a review...



Hello again. I don't know how many of your poems I'm going to review, but I'm just cruising through.

I enjoyed this. I totally agree with the theme: Silence can definitely let the mind fester enough to provide motivation from the deepest layers of it. Reading this though, the poem has definitely charmed me--BUT I felt as though it wasn't executed particularly well.

The first two lines have a regular rhythm that I liked, but it began to fall apart with "complete silence". I was a little confused about the line "that seem to disrupt thought". Is it related to "complete silence" or the "little intervals"? A lack of punctuation may have contributed, and while I am NOT belittling such a style, I think that some clarity would be nice here.

Just as a thought experiment, you can try shifting line breaks, which I regularly do when I write poems. I just shift and move back and fuss till it looks alright--and then it later moves again XD. Adding a little imagery would be nice too, but the read was an enjoyable one anyway.

Good-bye (maybe for now). I hope this review helped!

Image





You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
— LEGO Batman