z

Young Writers Society



Hollow

by speakerskat


Why’d you leave me hollow ,
Half asleep,
Broken-down and brokenhearted,
Can’t breathe.
 
Why’d you leave me hollow ,
No surprise,
Come and listen to my sorrow,
Teary  eyes.
 
Why’d you leave me hollow ,
Now I see,
You never really truly cared,
About me.
 
Why’d you leave me hollow,
So mean,
Took the knife and went straight through me,
Cut clean.
 
 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 901
Reviews: 8

Donate
Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:56 pm
xXravenxX wrote a review...



Well, speakerskat , this is a great piece of work. I like how a lot of people can probably connect with the words you are speaking . We live in a society where self-harm is a common attribute in the lives of humans.

I like the repetition you use with the lines " Why'd you leave me so hollow ," It makes it more "song" like :) It really stands out to me.

I don't like the way the rhyming is in this though . ( it might have been accidental ) Look at the last word of every second line : asleep , surprise , see , and mean. All of these words rhyme somewhat . Surprise though , obviously ruins the rhyme scheme. You could maybe replace surprise with epiphany . Other than that though , it is a great piece of work :)




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 736
Reviews: 9

Donate
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 pm
Paolamarie1502 wrote a review...



Well to begin with all I have to say is WOW, i could really relate to this and I really like it the fact that the emotions can really show and i could really feel it through out reading it i also like how the lines go fluently and is also very deep and touching. other than that i really liked it. I hope to read more of your work :)




speakerskat says...


Aw thanks, it took a lot of editing and a little help from my flute for the tune but it was worth it XD
Thanks to everyone else as well, your comments have greatly improved all my writing. I hope to write happier stuff in the future!
~Kat



User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 47

Donate
Mon May 27, 2013 4:08 pm
Wonder says...



Wow, I really love how this poem/song evokes feeling. Keep up the good work! I was singing this out loud, and my little sister came up to me and said it was really good! A seven year old little girl can't go wrong! ;)




speakerskat says...


aww thanks



User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Mon May 27, 2013 3:42 pm
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi there speakerskat! I do rather like the simplicity of this. I can pair it well with a tune in my head. There could be more depth and a stronger song-structure (ie a chorus and verses).

Firstly, I think you meant hollow. Hallowed is something revered or sacred (like the Lord's Prayer "Hallowed be thy name").

Secondly, the short lines sometimes have two syllables. I'd suggest making them all three syllables. One example is "I can't breathe" instead of "Can't breathe".

Overall, while this could go deeper into a story, it works with a simple tune. I'd clean it up a bit, though. Keep writing! :)




User avatar
109 Reviews


Points: 257
Reviews: 109

Donate
Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm
rbt00 says...



Keep Going




speakerskat says...


?




I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest