An Apology to my Boyfriend and to Roy Ritchie

by Elizabeth

Dear God, I am so sorry for everything I did, everything I've done.
Dear Sweet Jesus, please forgive me.
Hail Mary, Mother of God.

To Colton:
He called the quits said this was it and left me in the dust.
Bloody hell I am so angry and I'm so sorry forgive me please!
I feel so sorry, sad, and lost, I can't face my life anymore.
I can't face you anymore. I don't want you.
Until I get my act straight and am forgiven, my state is sad.

To Roy:
I thought you wanted to date me, I thought you liked me ...
But I guess I was looking and thinking about it the wrong way.
I won't forget last night even though you might.
Here is my last breath from me to you.
It's bye.
But...
Only after I say thinks for making me happy for a moment. If just only.
Good luck to you forever.
I feel there will never be an us.

I cheated on my boyfriend and I feel terrible about it. It's all over and I have to be loyal from now on. Look at my poem like this, if I feel guilty, and I never do, then if you cheat you might too. (Damn Dr. Seuss rhymining...)

Elizabeth says...

Ahh my god! You're reading all my angst when I was 13... terrible terrible! Ahh! It's like torture! ahh!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:38 am
deleted6 says...

This is a good poem Liz, it seemed like it came right from the heart.

Green Monkey wrote a review...

Umm... Your "poem" is good though its not the type of thing I'd show to people on YWS. But I guess its a good way to fell apoletic about what you've done. Personally, this piece looks as though it could be turned into a song or something. The beginning with all the pleading and begging sounds a bit wierd to me. Perhaps you should come to realize forgiveness probably won't come.

Chevy wrote a review...

Well, this is a good poem--as far as the people you are speaking of are concerned. I personally, was able to enjoy considering you've told me a lot about these situations. However, everyone else who may not know you as well as I do, are most likely to be confused, and your poem will be left dry and laid down to be picked over...unappreciated...
But then again, I am not everyone else and neither do I know what's going on in everyone else's head...

I guess this is where I shut up. : Shrugs :

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart