z

Young Writers Society



Davisson-Germer Experiment (Experimental Verification of De-Broglie)

by Eros


Life of Electron!

My ancestors were discovered by Sir J.J. Thomson... He is our God and we worship him just like you humans worship Jesus.

I was playing around, practicing wave-dance steps, like you practice Break dance steps. I was purely happy in my orbital and was chilling at my cozy home, The Orbital Mansion. This wave dance was originally discovered by De Broglie--- He's the Micheal Jackson of our world. 

My home, The Orbital Mansion, was situated in The Tungsten city. Everything was going fine, until the day when our city started to facing artificial global warming. Tungsten city was heating up, and we were forced tho leave our homes and migrate somewhere else. 

On my way, I felt an electric field and it accelerated my speed. Further, I saw a large mountain of a Nickel Crystal in my way--- that was as big for me as Himalaya is for you. I didn't even realize when I collided with the mountain and I found myself springing amd getting deflected towards a White Photographic Plate in the sky. At first, I thought it is something like you term the trophosphere and the stratosphere, but when I collided with it, I felt it was something different. The intensity with which I collided was recorded, and calculations we're done and finally, the experiment was tagged as successful and the Wave Dance was discovered.

I don't know if that makes sense... Please do comment and let me know if anything is wrong or if I am missing out on something.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 am
View Likes
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey Eros! Happy review day! It's way past time to get this out of the green room, yeah? :)

This is an intriguing concept! I can tell you've put a lot of thought into the concept and the world.

I listened to a podcast recently about preparing for NaNoWriMo (national november novel writing month) and the podcast narrators said that stories are built on three things - characters, premise, and plot. The characters are obvious, who your story is about. The premise is like the set up/world/setting/concept. The plot is what actually happens.

Here, you definitely have a premise. You definitely have a character. I think you're missing the plot. Even though this is a short story, you still need a plot. What does this character want? What's standing in his way? What will happen if he doesn't get what he wants (why does it matter)? That will be the foundation of the plot.

The good news is, since you've already figured out the premise and you have a cool premise, there are tons of different things you can do with the plot! All of this premise information you've included so far can be woven in as the plot develops. I'm not sure if you were planning on adding to this story or how long you want this story to be, but the more complex the plot, the longer it will be.

I'll leave things there for now, but let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like feedback about something I didn't mention! :D




Eros says...


I really loved the review, Carlito! I got the premise amd plot thing. I will surely work upon building the plot of the story... Thank you so much for the tips!! :D :D



User avatar
162 Reviews


Points: 1865
Reviews: 162

Donate
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:14 pm
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...



Hi there!
So this is actually really interesting! I just saw a few spelling mistakes, and those really bother me. :).

"He's the Micheal Jackson of our world." Did you mean Michael? The second mistake I noticed was when you meant to spell "to" and ended up spelling "tho."

That was all I noticed! Sorry that it's not a great review, but I can't see anything wrong!




Eros says...


Thank you so much for the review!! I'm glad you liked it :D




Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound