z

Young Writers Society



Broken forever...

by Eros


Her tall slender figure, hazel eyes and that brown, highlighted section of hair, covering the outermost part of her bun made her look so cute. Oh! My head is going blank and I am unable to forget her. The thick, winged eyeliner would make her eyes so attractive. Everytime she appeared in front of me, she would steal my heart away. 

We were friends since childhood. I have watched that cute little chubby girl grow up into a charming teenage girl, captivating everyone's hearts and hypnotizing hundreds of boys with her magnetic eyes and mesmerizing beauty. 

I was never meant to become hers. It was just not possible. I realised this when her boyfriend came to meet her. He was taller than her and was handsome like a prince. I felt that I was nothing in front of him. She deserved a guy who was as smart as her chosen boyfriend. He was a specimen of living beauty. And me? I was just a stupid non living thing, stuck and restrained at just one place, made only to keep getting broken. I was so fragile and her boyfriend was so strong. His abs, his muscles, his arms---He was as attractive as her. 

I didn't know he was her boyfriend until the day when he kissed her so passionately. I was getting killed inside, burning with jealousy. Somewhere inside, I was attached to her. I had strong feelings for her. I was crying there in front of them, but I didn't have voice. I could not be heard by anyone! I was an inanimate object...objects don't have voice! 

I was getting jealous but soon, I convinced my broken heart and I started finding my happiness in her happiness. It was so difficult---everytime she was alone at house, her boyfriend would come and they would play, laugh and enjoy so much... Kissing, hugging and---*swallows the knot of tears formed in my throat* Ah. And getting intimate, touching each other and gazing into each other's eyes with love and smile adorning their faces. The moans of her pleasure as they melted into each other was ripping my heart apart. It was difficult for me to control myself, but I knew I wasn't made for her.

And today I am remembering all those moments ... starting from her childhood to her adolescense. Her boyfriend shouldn't have broken up with her. I don't know the reason for their break up, but I do know one thing, that their break up made her so angry that she banged her head over me. I was fragile and I broke on that hard banging of her forehead. She was lying unconscious in front of me, forehead bleeding because of my jagged pieces, piercing through her skin. Streams of blood trickled down the edge of her face and she fell unconscious instantly. 

I was stuck on the wall, helplessly watching my sweetheart collapse, right in front of me. Though I wasn't the reason for her urge to bang her head upon me, but I still felt guilty. It was because of my broken fragments that she was bleeding so much.

After some time, her family came inside her room and took her unconscious body away from me. I was still there, bolted on the wall... Broken... Half-alive. Yesterday, she was brought back to home, with bandages wrapped around her forehead. Now that I am all broken, I have become a futile element to be thrown in the trash bin. The maid is sweeping away my shattered glass pieces that are lying there over the glassy floor, and two men are unbolting me from the wall. The large void on the wall, will now be replaced with another large-sized mirror or maybe a big painting---who knows?

THE END

This was just a fictious story in which the mirror falls in love with a human girl. Some love stories are bound to get broken and shattered like a mirror.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 395
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 pm
View Likes
QueerHumanBean wrote a review...



Okay, I have decided upon this to be my first review, so pardon me, my anxiety is going to kill me, but I will try to give a good review

First off, Hi it's Bean.
Your short story is wonderful, and so relatable.
The feeling of love in a short story is something many try to grasp, but cannot. I am very happy to say that at least for me, you achieved that. You made the mirror a character that had feelings, had a mind, and it's own thoughts towards the girl.
I do appreciate the fact that it isn't a love story with a happy ending so extra points for you.
In all this short story was everything an author should want it to be; short, sweet, and very good.
I know this isn't the best review, but it's what I have.

-Bean




Eros says...


It is... The best review, Bean! Thank you so much for reviewing my work .. I am glad you liked it...





Thank you!

Also no problem, thought I review someone who I thought was incredibly awesome first.



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 607
Reviews: 18

Donate
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:58 pm
View Likes
carlak2003 wrote a review...



Hi there, Carla here for a review of your short story.

This poem is so relatable to so many people who have had a crush on somebody who is so pretty, which I know because I really like a guy however he has a girlfriend, however I didn't realise this until he put on his snapchat story that they were together.

I love the layout of this poem, it is different and unique. Some of them are short and snappy, and some are long but still captivating. I love how there are ... in some of the paragraphs which show the reader that the character is either hesitant or thinking about something.
Overall this story is so good.

If you need any advice or any questions just ask.

Over and out.




Eros says...


Thank you so much for the sweet review, Carla!!
I'm glaaaaaad you liked it... Your words were encouraging...



carlak2003 says...


No problem. Keep writing




Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard