Me without you...

by Eros

Me without you

is like the night without moon,

I feel the life is just ending soon.

***

Me without you

is like a forest without trees,

the smiles and the happiness are all just lies.

***

Me without you

is like the tea without sugar cubes,

my veins and arteries are just empty tubes.

***

Me without you 

is like a cold drink with no ice,

how can I be all right and nice?

***

Me without you

is like a sparrow without wings,

I can't fly and cross the tall things.

***

Me without you

is like a heart without heartbeat,

my life is no longer so beautiful and neat.

***

Me without you

is like the fairy without magic,

my mind is unable to focus on problems and apply logic.

***

Me without you

is like the i-phone without battery,

my voice box has stopped becoming chattery.

***

Me without you

is like a guitar without strings.

Of my heart, you are the only ruling king.

Aravind wrote a review...

Hey Eros!

This is an interesting piece of poetry as your concepts are fixed on how the world isn't the same without a special someone or something.

Content wise, your concepts are clear with discussing and providing comparisons to how without this special somebody, the world won't function properly. I see this as a case of stereotyping, as in people need to be like this in order for things to be normal. Readers can see this as good or even bad stereotyping.

Grammar and Spelling, is good. Be careful to check over your spelling, like "guitar" in the last stanza. Otherwise, everything is intact.

Structure wise, you've organized your content into stanzas of three equal lines. Each stanza is significant, as you discuss each aspect of the world not being the same without this special someone.

The content is coherent, as simply you're providing examples of how the world isn't the same without your other half/special somebody/special something.

Literary Devices are effectively used in your descriptions. I am able to spot adjectives, similes, metaphors, and personification.

My personal rating for this work is 4.4/5

I'll add a "like" since your work got 80%+ from me :)

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:13 am
felistia wrote a review...

Hi Eros, Felistia here with a review for you on this wonderful day. :D

Title: The title you chose I think is a perfect match for the poem. It is practically the first line. :D

Theme: I really liked the descriptive theme you had going through this poem. It gave me a feeling for what you were trying to say and gave me some great pictures along the way. :D

Description: As I said before, the description in this poem was great. It gave great pictures that added meaning and interest to the poem.

Rhythm: The rhythm for the most part was great and I really liked the rhymes. I did have a few problems though. There was the one stanza were you seemed to drop the rhymes

Me without you

is a forest without trees,

I'd mess around with it till you have the same rhyming scheme as the rest of the poem. For the most part the rhymes work with the poem, but there are a few here and there that just feel forced. I'd just go back and read over it. You should be able to pick out the ones that feel a little forced. :D

Grammar and Punctuation: The was one punctuation mistake
I cant fly and cross the tall things.
Cant should be can't. :D

The next things aren't really grammar, but I felt like they needed to be in this section. There are a few places were I think there could be an "a" or a "the" such as this place.
is the night without moon,
I think it would flow better if you put "a" the between "without" and "moon".
The other thing is since you are compering things, I think that you should be using the word "like" in the compering lines like this
is a heart without heartbeat,[\quote]
Apply all of what I've said and it looks like this
is like a heart without a heartbeat
I think you should apply this to the other middle lines of each stanza. I hope I'm making sense. :D

Overall this was a great poem and I hope to see more from you soon. Never stop writing and I hope you have a great day\night. :D

Your friend, Felistia. :D

Eros says...

Oh, Hey, Felistia! How come did I never get a notif when did you review this?!!
Thx for the review! I have corrected the things... Thx again! :D
Have a great day/night to you too, my friend! :D

Charlotte2 wrote a review...

I saw the title and thought it would be good, so I came over to see it. This is a unique style of poetry to what I've seen before, and I think you really convey the emotions well. I love how you talk about the guitar without strings, and the heart without a heartbeat . . . these are both great lines.

There was one thing I saw though:

"Me without you
is a forest without trees
The smiles and happiness are just all lies"

This was just the one verse that I think you could tweak a bit. I noticed through the poem that you had a really nice rhyming scheme, but this verse just randomly breaks out of it a bit. I don't know if it's deliberate, but maybe you could try another word and then see which works best. But, not forgetting, it's your poem, and whatever you want to do with it is the thing you should do.

I think this poem was really good and the last line particularly got me - it's such a nice finish and has a lot of emotion packed into a few words. There is real skill there.

Well done and I hope to read more of your work!

Eros says...

Thank you for the review, Charlotte. I am glad you liked it.

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood