Be the writer of your own life

by Eros

Be the writer of your own life, 

Let not anyone cut the firm knots,

Of morals,

Of rules,

Of life goals,

You made to yourself.

--

Neither your husband,

Nor your wife,

And nor Your uncle or aunt,

Not your friend,

Can attempt to mend or bend

Any rule of your life,

Be the writer of your life.

--

The past should be written by you

And you will write your future,

The ruler of your present must only be you.

--

Let not anyone supress

Your thoughts,

Your actions,

Your style of living your life;

And make you change your way ,

By the question, "What will they say?",

Used as a weapon,

That stops us from our actions,

Like the gangsters use knife,

To control our movement.

--

Be the writer of your own life.

Let them not,

Decide what you do.

At the same time,

Don't you decide what they do.

They are the kings and queens of their life,

So you are of your own life.

Life is not a movie show,

For anyone to enjoy and criticize,

Nor is anyone,

The writer of someone's life story.

Just live and let live.

A/N : Dear readers, please don't take the poem personally... But the world has the good and the bad. Just wanted to convey the thoughts, that don't let anyone influence your decisions in your life, your morals, and your lifestyle. It often happens that a bully or a relative affects our performance and happiness, so let them not decide what you do. And at the same time we should keep a check on ourselves too, as many a times, unknowingly and by mistake, like under the influence of anger or depression things are said without any intention... Hope you enjoyed :D

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:52 am
Relaxistence88 wrote a review...

Hello :) I'm Relaxistence88.

First, thank you for making this poem and sharing it to everyone! This is the first time ever I've read this beautiful poem. This poem literally illustrates the life of a Writer. I agree with you, don't let the society control your life decisions and never ever fulfilled their expectations on you! Just be yourself and make yourself happy by doing things do you love :)

Honestly, I also grew up in the most judgemental yet toxic society. They're all drives me crazy with their hurtful sayings, it does affect my mental, and unfortunately they don't even care about it. If I had a trouble in life, I would likely come to visit my best friends and told them what happened, confess my feelings, and they will gladly help me out and listens to me, they even gave me solutions. I love them wholeheartedly. Believe in yourself and make your dreams comes true!

Best regards,

Relaxistence88

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!!

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 am
docyuris85 wrote a review...

Hey I'm docyuris85!

I just wanna say that this is the greatest piece of poem you've made so far and I really do enjoy reading this! Couldn't agree more! You really did a great job on the grammatical, spellings, how you pour out your thoughts and feelings. The world has the good and the bad. Don't let anyone draws their expectations and happiness on you. Be yourself and you decide what's best for you and let the writer finds their true happiness. It is not their right to judge us as they please.

Keep spreading positive vibes and happiness to the world. Trust me! It works! God has a plan your life, make your plans and dreams happen! Make it happen! Don't stop believing :D Beautiful and well-written poem. I can't wait to see and read your next writing. Keep improving and stay inspired!

Warm regards,

Docyuris85

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 am
aulyasela3597 wrote a review...

Hello, Eros! I really do love how you convey your thoughts, how you portray the world. I couldn't agree more! This speaks my mind and soul.

You're right, don't let the society draws their expectations on you. Don't let them judge you as they please. Let the writer finds their own happines :) Your life decisions are depends on your hands, you decide what's best for yourself. And yes don't forget to always spreading positive vibes to everyone. Keep spreading positive impacts!

I really love this beautiful poem. Very good grammatical and spellings, so well written. I'm so definitely looking forward for your next poem :)

Cheers,

Aulyasela3597

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Lives4Christ24 wrote a review...

Salutations @Eros, I love your usename. Lives4Christ24 is here for yet another review.
I hope I don't offend anyone with my reviews, my only intent is to edify and encourage other writers through constructive criticism.
I really like this poems, it's true that you shouldn't let other people write your life. Now, they can influence it for good, but they shouldnt be !along your decisions for you. God has a plan for your life and that plan isn't for your friend,parent, grandparent, boyfriend, or anyone to make your decisions for you. I enjoyed your poem very much. It has good flow and is well written. I can't wait to see your next work and will look at your old ones.

Eros says...

Thank you so much for your review !!

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe