Dare not Blame God For Everything...

by Eros

A/N: I have capitalized the first letter of God here. This is because God is very great, and it is my way to keep respect of God. Once my teacher told me always capitalise the fisrt letter of God.

We blame God for almost everything. There is one thing which we are unaware of. God has left 50% of all the tasks in our hands. 

He gave you money. But how you spend it, is in your hand. He gave you happiness. But how you celebrate it, is in your hands. He gave you problems. How you solve them, is in your hand. He gave you life. How you live, is completely in your hand.

I do agree that there are some things, some exceptions to this, as the world is the full of exceptions. The life of a child who is dependant on his parents is an exception to this. For him everything occurs because of God. Parents for him, is another form of God. If the child is physically healthy and belongs to a good family in all the aspects, be it financial backgorund, moral values, ethics, loving and caring, it is all because of the blessings of God. 

But if the child is deprived of any one of these aspects, it is all because of his bad luck. He has no option but to blame God. Because for him, all the things are controlled by God.

But, wouldn't it be a crime for an independant person to blame God for everything?

A/N: If you have any suggestions or if you feel against anything mentioned above, feel free to mention in your comments. I am a human too, and I maybe wrong in anything stated above.

leslieloo says...

Great read!

Eros says...

Thx! xD

Snoink wrote a review...

This is a really confusing piece! You state at first that "we blame God for almost everything." I thought at first you were going to explain this statement a bit... after all, what does it mean to blame God for almost everything? How do we blame God? What don't we blame God for (since you left it open so that there weren't things we blame God). Also, what if somebody doesn't blame God? So, there were a bunch of questions that your statement brought up and then... you didn't explain it. You probably should!

And then, 50% of tasks? That doesn't quite make sense. Then you kind of used strange theology to define what you meant... God giving money, happiness, problems, life and then saying that it was up to us to figure out what to do with this stuff. But, that seems to beg the question of free will. Your statement seems to be indicating that we have no free will... that what we are given is merely what God decides and that we can only figure out what to do with what we are given. So, for money, your logic seems to insist that we cannot get a better-paying job or a second job and get more money. We can only spend it. That seems odd to me because it's living in such a passive way in which we don't really have any free will and that we cannot do anything to better our lives.

But then, you seem to go off and say that living in this sort of manner is living independently, for some reason. I am not sure why... this way of living seems very dependent. For instance, if you really want to go with the whole supposition that God gives you money... well, what if you're unemployed and broke and have no money? What then? Has God decided to not give you any money? Has God looked down on you and decided, "Yeah... this person sucks. Screw him. He doesn't need any money." (Aside: If someone doesn't have any money, can he blame God for not giving him any money, even if he's not a child?)

And then you talk about how a child is shaped entirely from the parents and that they are totally dependent on their parents. So, they can blame God because they are dependent on their parents on being physically healthy, belonging to a good family, and whatnot. So, it's okay for children to blame God if their life sucks.

But... adults can't blame God? So, if a child gets cancer, the child can blame God because of bad luck. If an adult gets cancer... perhaps that's just a problem that the adult needs to solve for himself?

Looking at some of your comments that you made, it might be a good thing to describe what religious or spiritual beliefs you are approaching this discussion with, because you seem to believe things such as karma and reincarnation and seem to be assuming that everyone else believes in this. But, not everybody believes in this! For example, I'm a Christian and Christians tend to look at this and wonder about free will (or, the belief that God has given us freedom to live our lives and choose whether to align our wills with His).

Anyway, just some thoughts!

Eros says...

No. Blaming is a right given only to a child who is dependent.
Everywhere, the word "dependent" is used with reference to "Dependent on parents." or "Dependent on someone for completion of his childhood wishes, his education, his food, shelter and clothing. By "independent", I mean to say that the person is adult and is no longer dependant on his parents for all the above mentioned things. He can earn and fulfil his desires.

If he is not a child, he cannot blame God for not giving him any money. If God hasn't given him money at the stage of adulthood, he must surely have given him opportunities to learn and educate himself when he was child, and then earn money. He might have not studied whole heartedly and had not worked hard.
If he wants money without working, God will think "Yeah...this person sucks. Screw him. He doesn't need any money."
He isn't working so God thinks he doesn't need money.
And, well, if someone is unemployed, he should go and search job for himself. And the most important thing is that a person who has studied hard in his childhood can never ever ever be unemployed. If his company got shut down, he is intelligent and any company will offer him!

Ashley123 wrote a review...

I really liked this piece. It really expressed all of my morals and values about God. I agree with you 100% with everything that you expressed here. I did notice a few typos. Like "capitalise" is spelled as capitalize. And "fisrt is spelled as "first." But other than that, this piece is great.

Eros says...

Thank you, Ashley! I am glad you liked it. xD

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am
soundofmind says...

To answer the question you asked of MooCowPoop below, free will is the idea that we are all free to choose - be it choose to follow God, or choose not to. We have the freedom to make our own choices. Basically, it's that there's no God up there controlling our thoughts, or the actions we choose to take. We freely choose for ourselves out of our will to do whatever it we choose.

Sorry I explained that in so many words. I hope this makes sense.

soundofmind says...

Also wow sorry for all the weird typos??? Haha, I'm not great at typing on my phone.

Eros says...

Oh, typos are never to mind. Thanks for explaining the meaning.
Hmm... so it is true that it is our choice to follow God or not. We do have freedom to make our choices. But I don't beleive that there is no God up there. There is God, but he doen't control our thoughts and actions. He saves us from the trouble we get tangle in by ourselfs. He helps us to come out of the problems and in emergencies he even needs to do miracles.
Well these are just my thoughts.

Eros says...

Well these are just my thoughts.

soundofmind says...

Ah, yeah! I didn't mean to make it sound like there is no God (since the idea of free will relies on his existence)- just that he'a not one that treats us like puppets. I myself believe in God, too. And it's good to hear your thoughts!

Eros says...

Hmm... EXACTLY! He doesn't treat us like puppet. Thats what I wanted to say! xD

Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 am
deleted5 says...

What if he gives you nothing?

Eros says...

He won't give us everything directly. He gives us the chance, opportunities, luck and guidance to get these things. We have to work to get the dreams come true.
If still there is someone in this huge universe who has nothing ( It is possible), then he/she should devote some time in praying, reading the holy books and doing fasts etc... But blaming isn't correct.
Well, I must say that the question got me to think over it. xD

deleted5 says...

I was more playing the devil's advocate here as there usually is oppurtunity. Some impoverished areas of the world it is often impossible though to get something.

Eros says...

Hmm... True. Very true. Still, the residants of these areas can get involved in God's prayers and the "Vrats" etc. and they too can get prosperous. Just they should believe and follow God.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 am
MooCowPoop wrote a review...

To whom are you exactly referring? In which contexts are you referring to this blame; in a positive or negative way?

He gave you money. But how you spend it, is in your hand.

(1.) Cannot start a sentence with a conjunction. Consider combining this sentence with the previous one.
(2.) Usually people use the plural version of this word to signify togetherness and agency. The singular "hand" sounds a bit awkward when read aloud.

He gave you problems. ___ How you solve them, is in your hand. He gave you life. How you live, is completely in your hand.

(1.) need a conjunction here unless trying to demonstrate a stylistic effect.[/spoiler[\]

I do agree that there are some things, some exceptions to this, as the world is the full of exceptions.

[spoiler](1.) This phrase seems incomplete. What do things do you agree exist? Do you mean that you agree that some occurrences in our natural lives are inexplicable?
(2.) To this what? Notion? Statement? Belief?
(3.) Ideologically, what is your thought of free will versus God's influence?

The life of a child who is dependant on his parents is an exception to this.

(1.) Typically (or at least the American English version of) this word is spelled: 'dependent'.

Parents for him, is another form of God.

(1.) I thought it was blasphemous to compare human beings to God? This, to me, sounds blasphemous.

If the child is physically healthy and belongs to a good family in all the aspects, be it financial backgorund, moral values, ethics, loving and caring, it is all because of the blessings of God.

(1.) What do you define as a "good" family? Is it morally sound? Does it follow all the ten commandment to the T? Or does abide by man's order, functioning as civil in society as it possibly can? Or does it do both?
(2.) Should be spelled: background.
(3.) This is what I was getting at with the previous questions.
(4.) So which do you truly believe in: free will or that God control's all of our functions? Is a family that is financially well-off and works for their money blessed by God? Are they simply functioning well (according to society's view) because God is controlling them to, allowing them to, or they are simply just good followers?

But if the child is deprived of any one of these aspects, it is all because of his bad luck.

(1.) So I'm guessing you do not believe in free will...

Because for him, all the things are controlled by God.

(1.) These are all very contradictory statements. At first, you state that one should not blame God for their misfortune because he already provides one's life with so many blessings, agency, and individuality. All of this, suggests that human beings have free will and are only provided with the tools to build themselves up and in God's image. Later on, however, you state that if one is deprived of a comfortable livelihood, then God is not to blame--instead, it should be attributed to said person's "luck". The aforementioned statement does not make any sense if you are applying the logic you mentioned before (God provide one with everything they need in the beginning of their lives, and should have no troubles because of this). If God provides so much to everyone in the beginning, how could a person have bad luck? How could He be twisted enough to deprive a person--a "child" as you so describe--of their livelihood? Would not that be unfair?

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions. I identify as agnostic, but I am always open to reading religious texts hearing views and opinions different from my own. I think it is great that you opened up the floor for some discussion and debate, however, I believe that you may first want to set up a clearer stance (do you believe that God allows us to have free will or not?--would be a great question to answer). That way people can coherently understand the point you are trying to put across. Keep writing!!! :)

Eros says...

I am sorry to say, but I don't know what the "free will" is? I would be glad if you tell me the meaning.
So, my answers to all your questions:
1) 'We' is the people of the universe.
2) Blame is, I beleive, in a negetive way. We say 'credit' if thaz ve.
3) I don't literally mean there exists things... I just mean there are some exceptions to the above stated fact, i.e., 50% of the tasks are in our hands. This exception is supported by the example of a child.
4)Now coming to the answer to the last question.
As it is believed, the bad luck occurs because of the deeds of the person in his previous life. Some others believe that the bad luck comes because of the positions of the "Grahas" or the planets, and the "Rashi" or the Zodiac signs which they affect. For this many people wear the different kinds of stones in their fingers. They believe that the stones like topaz etc change the positions of the planets.
I beleive the first statement. The stones and all are just a means to earn money. Stones are just for increasing the beauty of the hands. Well, that's a personal belief.
Then you asked me:
How could He be twisted enough to deprive a person--a "child" as you so describe--of their livelihood?

These are the exceptions. Ya, it is unfair. And if they blame God for it, it isn't wrong. Because the child isn't independent. For him, his parents, guardians and family is God. He is deprived because of his bad deeds in the pevious life. My elders have convinced me that we get life according to our deeds in the previous life. So, we should behave good in this life so that next time we get a good life.

Yaay, it would definitely be a good topic for a debate. But please tell me about the "free will". I am curious to know about it. And ya, thanks for the suggestions about the conjunction thing. And thank you for the review! xD

Eros says...

So, my answers to all your questions:
1) 'We' is the people of the universe.
Then you asked me:

Snoink says...

I want to chime in here and say that it is totally legit to start off a sentence with "but" for stylistic effect! This isn't scholarly writing, so why not?

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu