What Is

by Chevy

Verse 1
What is peace
What is kind
Do we have a clue at all
What is right
What is true
Do we even know at all
Do we know at all

Chorus
We're losing our face again
We're losing our faith again
How can we know what love is

Verse 2
What is clean
What is pure
Do we have a clue at all
What is life
What is real

Bridge
Is this what we call the dream
Is this what we call integrity
Do we know what it means to live
Do we have a clue at all
Do we have a clue at all

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:53 am
Acoustic Sensitivity says...

This is kind of flat and doesn't give enough emotions. Also if you ever try giving it music it would sound dull. It would be like rap. But still it was a nice concept.

Turnstiles wrote a review...

I think I understand it. Basically it's about how everyone strives to do the right thing and make "moral" decisions, but the concept of morality is so subjective that nobody can be sure if they're doing the right thing. Therefore, we may thing we understand, but really, "do we have a clue at all?" Interesting concept, but I think the lyrics are a bit too repetitive. Add in something to spice it up; some imagery, a metaphor, maybe you could have a story of two different people who think they're acting morally but end up making very different decisions. If you do write music to it, I'd love to hear it!

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:16 am
Empress Kat says...

I like it. I'd really like to hear it... do you have music to go with it? I think it makes more sense to me than it should...

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:12 am
Chevy says...

What you said's not rude. It's true...it's very repetitive and not very clear. But I love doing that. I don't ever plan on doing anything with this song. But it's also kind of hard to critique when you don't have the music to go along with it. I'm still working on it and if I do ever do anything with it, I know the music is going to have to be just phenomenal.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:23 pm
Jennafina says...

I dont really get it, and it repeats its self a little to much with the what is. Its a good start though, you just might want to bulid up on it a bit. Sorry, I dont want to sound mean.

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah