three seconds is a long time

by Chevy

this is the worst thing I have ever written. even worse than my rhyming poems way back on the first page of dramatic poetry.

you feel so unispired tonight when
you actually have time on your hands.
Welcome to the Jungle is stuck in your head and
it's not exactly a fitting song for the occasion

you reached down into your deepest thoughts today
Only to realize you've dug so deep that you can't pull the simplest things out and
you're feeling like the the world is watching you even though they're really slowly turning away.

but do you remember when you sang at the top of your lungs earlier?
I'm sure that's what did it
or it could've been that it was your own song and that kind of creeps people out

you've only got three seconds left to finish this,
and if you think about it, that's a long time.

yoha_ahoy says...

Yeah, this isn't that bad. I think it's pretty good. I like emotion_less's way of describing it dull, like ho-hum, not dull as in boring, that's good. I don't really understand it all but it's still interesting.

Chevy says...

Thanks, emotion_less. I fixed the typo, by the way.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:32 am
emotion_less wrote a review...

Actually, this is NOT bad.

or it could've been than it was your own song
Just a typo. You had 'than' instead of 'that.'

It's kind of dull, but not in a bad way. It kind of adds to the mood of it. It's not overly exciting or excessively elegant, but I think it builds up to this.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats