z

Young Writers Society



Comments



User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 7737
Reviews: 118

Donate
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:10 pm
View Likes
Coffeeboyjay wrote a review...



hey @felistia jay here to leave a review on your work that is amazing!!

lets get started

First off i love the way you have it edit like that as a poem and it was fun to read a poem like yours and it was a lovely poem and it would of been better if you had a picture of a Dragon that you drawed or not but in my opinion you could of

Second my compliment to your poem was it was the best poem i ever read so like i said i love the way you had edit that poem and was amazing

Third how you improve is just keep doing well and keep up the good work and good poems it was incredible to read a poem like you


keep writing and stay stafe have a nice Morning!! Jay but here is a quick review




User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:46 pm
View Likes
Phillauthet wrote a review...



Hi! I'm here for a quick review.

First off, THAT WAS AMAZING. OMG. HOW DID YOU EVEN EDIT THAT??????????????
Really, the shape is so amazingly attractive. I think that's the best shape poem I have EVER seen.
The whole concept, that we drove the dragons away, and how they long to be the dominant species on our planet is really awesome and thoughtful.
The text is also very informative and figurative. Though I think you could have used better vocabulary in some places, that pales in comparison to the design. Hats off to you for even just thinking this up.

Keep Writing!

Image




User avatar
4092 Reviews


Points: 252863
Reviews: 4092

Donate
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:25 am
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm here to review another random work...I know...more things for the checklist challenge...aand quick disclaimer, I'm not much of a reviewer of poetry so I'm just going to tell you think it means to me. :D

Anyway let's get right to it,

Well, first of all, I can see exactly why this has over fifty likes because that shape is suuuper cool, I don't think I've ever seen a poem in a shape that intricate. I never would've imagined you could even write something in a shape like that...and before you even read it the visual connecting with the title is like a piece of art in itself right there.

Okay, anyway, gushing about the shape of the poem aside, lemme get to what the words actually feel like now. Soo...that looks like we've got a situation where its a message by the dragons to somebody...not entirely sure if its meant for us the humans or some other creature...but well it certainly is a powerful message there.

I love the imagery that you create here, not just referring to the features of the dragons and what makes them dangerous creatures but also the way that you describe their flying here and the various areas they inhabit. In such a few words, it takes you across an entire world of so many different landscapes.

Ahh, well this is a properly beautiful both in the images it creates in your mind and the fact that its an image in itself. :D

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




User avatar
659 Reviews


Points: 82352
Reviews: 659

Donate
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:25 am
View Likes
RandomTalks wrote a review...



Hey!

RandomTalks here to leave a quick review!

Wow....I have no words for this. This is truly such an amazing piece! You have opened up another world with your beautiful imageries, and your awesome descriptions. It is really impressive how you have framed your words and narrated so much information about dragons through a simple poem. Not only is it informative and descriptive, but your words rhyme as well making this such a pleasure to read!

And the shape of the text is brilliant! I cannot even imagine the amount of work that went into this.

Keep up the good work and have an incredible day!




User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:13 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Heyyy!! Forever here with a review!!

First of all, I just love it and now to the review.

INTERPRETATION
I really liked how you chose first person to write the poem. It's always fun to see how something thinks from its own perspective and when it is a dragon, I am out of words. So, it feels like the dragons are describing their grief and grudge towards the humans and maybe other creatures too for throwing them out of the Earth and um... Are kind of telling oe rather threatening the humans to leave the Earth. There was a feeling of anticipation throughout the poem. It feels like they can come at any moment and capture the whole world.

IMAGERY AND DESCRIPTION
The thing in itself is full of imagery. It's nothing real but totally fictional. I should say you have some telepathy powers to know the dragons' mind. :D That's not the point, however, the imagery was beautiful and you represented a great thought of the dragons which many humans fear can happen. The best part of this point was when you described them hiding in hidden places and how they are building the fear in the minds of human beings by saying that. I could imagine a dragon firing from a hidden place on a human being. That would be quite terrifying. The world in fire.

Flow

It was there, I didn't find any absence of it. So, it was present. You did a good job connecting one line to the other, like they never felt isolated from each other and each line was connected to the previous line. That greatly contributed to the flow. Though the whole poem didn't rhyme with each other, the occasional rhymes was also a factor that contributed to the flow of the poem. Also, wowww, the shape of the dragon– that was perfect! How did you create it tho?

Overall, I loved the poem and I think I am gonna try one :D

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Image




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 193
Reviews: 49

Donate
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:54 am
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf wrote a review...



OH MY GOODNESS. I have been waiting my entire life to find something like this!
Its amazing!! I do not even know how to properly express my feelings about this its just so perfect and I have fallen head over heels in love with a poem.
@WrenZorya YES YOU WERE RIGHT THANK YOU.
This is simply spectacular and beautiful I have no critiques this was perfect. Keep up the amazing work I look forward to seeing more of your handiwork.
now I am going to go obsess over this for the next 27 and a half hours

-Wolf




User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 381
Reviews: 36

Donate
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:16 am
View Likes
SalemReine wrote a review...



Hey there and good morning/ afternoon/ evening/ night/ or whenever it is in your part of the world! Wren here for a short review!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. GRACIOUS. HOW.

This is amazing. Spectacular. I honestly don't even have the words to express how much I absolutely adore this.

The shape, the rhyming, the actual poem itself, it's just completely breathtaking. And it's about dragons!!!

@TheWordsOfWolf YOU NEED TO READ THIS

Anyways that's it for me fangirling over this piece!! Keep up the impressive work!!!




User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 2162
Reviews: 75

Donate
Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:37 pm
View Likes
SilverBerry wrote a review...



Hi! Silverberry here! I love this poem so much, how you structured it and made it in the shape of a dragon and all your wonderful rhymes. Incredible! I'm just going to add a few suggestions for how to improve it, but know that it's already awesome.

First of all, the first two sentences could probably just be one. "We are dragons; majestic beasts of the open sky". I think that that would be better than having two very short sentences.

"We rake the evening sky with our mighty talons and silver claws, filling the night air with our mighty cries and thundering roars." -I think you are missing a rhyme here. Maybe rhyme "claws" with "jaws" because dragons have big mouths (long shot but you get the idea)?

"depths of the jungle or the wide open sea." I think this sentence would flow better if you got rid of the "the" before wide.

"Then you came from down below." I think this sentence is a bit too short so there is just an abrupt pause.

"To the barren wastes we flew" -I think this was also a little too short, just add a word or two to add a few syllables.

In the next few sentences you say the word "eyes" a lot which might have been purposeful repetition but it sounds a little bit awkward. Also, "You may see our eyes bright." is a little two short and also sounds awkward (and there needs to be punctuation because next word is capitalized).

And finally in the last sentence (which sounds very dramatic by the way-I love it) you should add the word "will" between "you" and "feel".

Okay that's it I think, I absolutely love your work and it's very unique and amazing. I hope my suggestions come in handy! Keep writing and I can't wait to read more of your work.




User avatar


Points: 66
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:28 am
View Likes
Abovethemall says...



Absolutely incredible! Love this poem, but the shape it took realy made it memorable.




felistia says...


Thanks for the comment.

P.S could you please leave a like? :D



User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 939
Reviews: 24

Donate
Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:21 pm
View Likes
tammy777 wrote a review...



A great piece of artistic design of words. I appeciate the concep and art. You can be a good publisher who not only care about thoughts but also the style of delivary.

Although i find a small grammatical mistake-'will never be tame' must be 'will never be tamed'.

However ignoring this slight mistake can make it a great piece of writing. Keep it up and continue your dreams. God bless you!!!




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm
View Likes
Homeostasis101 says...



Wow! I really like this and find it absolutely beautiful!





It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr