z

Young Writers Society



Years

by erilea


I am as tall as the trees

With bark for a face

And waving leaves as hair

Ancient, historical

I’ve been here for years, watching the world

Go by.

I am as strong as the rocks

With granite for ears

And obsidian for eyes

Unwavering, motionless

I’ve been here for years, watching the world

Go by.

I am as unique as myself

With a flourishing mind

And a large heart

Loving, growing

I’ve been here for years, watching the world

Go by.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
117 Reviews


Points: 11345
Reviews: 117

Donate
Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:20 pm
Astronomer wrote a review...



Hello again, Artemis28!

This is Moonwatcher here yet again with another Review Day review! ^-^

I’ve been here for years, watching the world

Go by.


Okay so I see that you repeat this throughout the poem. Personally, I feel as if the repetition isn't really necessary. It's strong in the beginning, but it grows weaker as you repeat it. You have two descriptive adjectives above this line, all of them varying. Perhaps you can do the same with this line, and come up with something different rather than repeating yourself instead of giving the reader information they've already been told.

This poem lacks stanzas, which I think if added, could improve the flow of your poem and let the reader catch their breath a little more. I suggest adding a new stanza after each "I've been here for years, watching the world, go by." line.

I feel as if the last 1/3 of the poem was a little bit weaker than the rest of it. I suggest adding some stronger imagery, and more powerful emotions/words, as the ending isn't nearly as strong in my opinion.

That's all I have to say about this poem. I hope this review helped! Have a great day and keep on writing! ^-^




User avatar
456 Reviews


Points: 368
Reviews: 456

Donate
Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:50 am
Rascalover wrote a review...



Hi!
I might be a little in love with this poem and all of its similes. This isn't going to be much of a review because I don't think you should change much. The only thing I would change is this line:(Dull to any comment that might come my way), it disrupts the flow of your short simple lines. Maybe change it around without the word dull, or take it out all the way if it's not needed to get the point along in the poem.

Thanks for the great read,
<3 Rascalover





The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna