z

Young Writers Society



Blossoming Love

by GreenTulip


Blossoming Love

My love for you has blossomed.

You are the sunshine that makes my smile glow.
You are the reason that my flowers grow.

My love for you is shown on them.
You are the reason for the blossoms.
Your love is the reason I have blossomed.

The flowers of blue are for you.
The petals of gold are for us.
The leaves of green are for me.

Two parts of a whole.
This is how I feel.
I feel complete with you.

I feel light and carefree-
with a smile at hand.

I feel the wind and sun-
on my face as I finally laugh.

These moments are all because of you.
You hold my heart and I am okay with that.
You are the only one my heart desires.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 607
Reviews: 65

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:14 pm
wtppowers wrote a review...



Hey, GreenTulip! It's Mr. Powers here, with another fun and exciting review! Today, I'm looking at your poem, "Blossoming Love".

The first thing I noticed about this poem is the formatting errors. There is a way to fix this, though. But this is a review, not a how-to manual. Anyway, on to the poem itself. It's a heart-warming poem. It definitely gave me hope. Though I'm not a fan of free-verse poetry...

The people in this poem (the characters in your story) certainly are in love. Or, at least one of them is. This guy is borderline obsessed with his love interest.

In the end, I give this a very favorable review. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I'm a bit preoccupied. But, keep on writing! I like this. It gives hope to people who don't have love.




User avatar
663 Reviews


Points: 11295
Reviews: 663

Donate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 pm
Messenger wrote a review...



He Tulip, your fellow robot fighter is here xDD

Well this is a lovely little poem you have here. I never felt it to be clunky as the previous reviewer said. I thought it was beautiful. Your description was gorgeous with the tulip and all that stuff, as was your description of love. I feel that you pastured a lot of what love really is.

I saw that you said this is from a pretty young girl's age. I don't know that a girl would writer this well at twelve. I don't know that the parts like "you complete me" would even be on a girl's mind. I mean I guess maybe you would know since it's possible you've been there. Maybe I'm totally wrong >.>

Anyway, I liked this poem. It has a lot of lovely description, and yeah, just so pretty altogether! I'm gonna give you a like! :) Happy Review Day!


Oh! P.S. I really liked the way you did the title with the big bold letters, and then you had the line underneath. It is a really nice touch that adds characters to the poem!!
~Messenger




User avatar
132 Reviews


Points: 669
Reviews: 132

Donate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:33 am
Legibletext wrote a review...



What a lovely depiction of the love felt for another. It was very sweet. I must say, although you were pretty good in terms of keeping a bit of rhythm to it, there were a few chunky parts in the poem, that could be fixed. Also, I can't help but feel like you overuse the word blossom in the first paragraph. Seeing that it is basically the key word to summarise the way the love keeps building, and it's in the title, I'd be careful not to over use it. It'll take away the meaning.

Overall, lovely job and Keep writing.




GreenTulip says...


Helllo. Popping in before I go to bed...

This poem is from the standpoint of a ten to twelve year old girl. sooooo



User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 324
Reviews: 50

Donate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 am
Tiaradyson wrote a review...



AWE! that's how I feel about my HuBBY! he's amazing and kind and he makes my rainy days feel sunny! Your writing resembled a lot to me, obviously and every word, line I read i'd say AWE. It's sweet and I feel as a reader your heart is feeling the same way about someone. I could be wrong. But this is sweet, caring and a message i'd like to give my Hubby. This was amazing, sweet and I know a lot of people would like to them that poem to their love on Valentines day!
Greeat JOB!




Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:05 am
WimpWriting wrote a review...



=) =) =) Good work! you kept me intrigued until the very end and I was not disappointed. And the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic doesn't help either haha but you are very talented and I enjoyed that. Certainly hope to see more of your work.
Keep up the great work :)





Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato