z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Just Upload!

by Horisun


I've been binge reading, 

Review rampaging, 

Chatting, talking, predicting. 

Waiting and waiting, 

Rereading and rereading, 

Thinking and guessing. 

Last chapter 

Was a cliffhanger. 

Are you kidding me? 

My impatient self 

Will explode, 

Unless you upload! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
992 Reviews


Points: 101
Reviews: 992

Donate
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:32 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



This poem is just relatable! Judging from the comments already made,I’m not the only person who thinks this.I feel impatient updating my own stories believe it or not.I just want all of my writing to get out there! I’m also feeling this way for the new Stranger Things season which is supposed to come out May 27th..Anyway,I hope you have a nice day/night.




User avatar
590 Reviews


Points: 1234
Reviews: 590

Donate
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart wrote a review...



Hello!

I'm starting to see you have a passion for writing fun poems about everyday inconveniences and life - and I'm also starting to see you have a knack for writing them! As someone who's been bingereading web comics lately and the occasional fanfiction, I found this poem incredibly relatable.

I loved how brief this poem was. I think brief poems work well for relatable topics - the reader already has a set of opinions when they come to your poem, and it's your job to make them crack a little smile or laugh when they realize that you got them down perfectly.

I also loved your use of repetition and alliteration throughout this poem. Though you didn't outright repeat words, you did use similar sentence structures multiple times. The combination of that and the alliteration gave your poem even more of a fun, joking vibe than it already had - nice job with that!

My only critique is that some of the lines are choppy. I would suggest moving words between stanzas to get a better flow.

Here's an example of one of the lines that stuck out to me:

Last chapter

Was a cliffhanger.


There's a couple of other ones, but that's the most noticeable of them.

I really do love this poem. As I mentioned before, your goal is to make the reader smile or laugh - and you definitely got me to do both of those.

Happy #RevMo !

Image




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 966
Reviews: 13

Donate
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:21 am
riancarthy says...



Hey! I actually fell in love with this poem as soon as I finished reading it. I have it in my head now and it won't leave! I love the little plot and I can clearly imagine this situation in my head which is a very good thing. Keep up the good work, gave you a follow ! All the best!



- rian




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 8788
Reviews: 206

Donate
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:34 pm
View Likes
Honora says...



XD this is pretty accurate! Good job! :D




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 8788
Reviews: 206

Donate
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:34 pm
Honora says...



XD this is pretty accurate! Good job! :D




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 8788
Reviews: 206

Donate
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:33 pm
Honora says...



XD this is pretty accurate! Good job! :D




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 103

Donate
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 pm
View Likes
shieldmaiden says...



I love it!!!!!!!!!! This had me in stitches! :) :) :)




User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 3377
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Awru wrote a review...



Lol!I loved this short yet fullfilling poem.It portrayed the feelings of waiting for a certain procrastinating writer so well.Its repetitiveness felt so good unlike most poems.Now the whole poem is humming in my mind.Its such a great example of light hearted humour.My most fav part of the poem is its simplicity

Keep up the great work
Peace out




Horisun says...


Thanks for the review!



User avatar
616 Reviews


Points: 122417
Reviews: 616

Donate
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:50 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix wrote a review...



Hello, FlamingPhoenix here with a short review for you on this lovely night, and to help get your work out the green room.

Okay let's start.

So I thought the title to this poem was really eye catching, and that is something you are looking for in a title, and I think you nailed it, because I couldn't stop myself from coming and reading your work.
I'm a little sad the poem is short, but with the story you are telling and the flow, along with the really well done riming, I don't think it needs to be any longer, otherwise it will feel forced, so I think you stopped it at the perfect spot.
I love the way you have done the punctuation, it has been put in all the right places, to make this poem feel energized with some eagerness in there. That was a great touch.

Over all I'm loving what you have here, with every poem you make, the better it get's and I'm loving watching the way you grow and improve. Oh another thing I want to mention is that this poem was beyond funny, and something I can relate to. I'm sure there is many times in someone life when they feel like this. So great job.
I'm really glad I got to be one of the people to read and review your work, I really enjoyed it. I also look forward to what you will post next. Your works are amazing. Post again on YWS and never stop writing, have a great day or night.

Your friend
FlamignPhoenix.
Reviewing with a fiery passion!!




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 84
Reviews: 17

Donate
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:58 pm
View Likes
salia4 says...



I love this! this is exactly how I feelscrolling through this site and others, cuz I'm all out of stuff to read! I love how humorous this is, and is something a lot of people relate to, I was laughing throughout this poem cuz it's just too true!

I will most definitely have to check out your profile and see your other stuff, hope you upload again soon!





I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster