Home » Literary works » Poetry » Lyrical

Rainy Days

by Horisun

Rainy Days might not be sunny,

Rainy Days aren't exactly a pot of gold,

And Rainy days might be cold.

Their associated with sadness,

Every single time.

Yet Rainy Days inspire me,

They let my imagination free.

And if you time it perfectly,

you'll get a rainbow.

So maybe Rainy Days aren't bad,

Maybe their not all that sad.

So on a Rainy Day,

go outside.

And see what the Rain has to hide.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:15 pm
Muzzammil says...

Hey horisun,
Muzzammil here for a reviem.
The poem is very beautiful and touching . There is a big message behind , if though nobody else could see it but i can ...... you will know if you read it very carefully . Seriously, i read it about 15 to 20 times . It is marvellous . You can make it long cause it's a bit short, a little bit more description then it will be a pure piece of golden words.

'AND IF YOU TIMED IT PERFECTLY, YOU WILL GET A RAINBOW'
This is a very inspiring line. Keep on going .... good luck for your future.

You can also visit my wall , i also write poems , although i haven't wrote many but i like doing it . I really need support so please read them and give your reviews.

Horisun says...

Thank you so much for this review! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 pm
Muzzammil wrote a review...

Hey horisun,
Muzzammil here for a reviem.

hiraeth says...

Hi! personally, i've always loved rainy days, they're great for taking pictures and writing melancholy poems that have nothing to do with what you're feeling.

so there's nothing to say really, everyone else has already pointed out the main grammatical areas, and everything else is fine.

Great poem; and keep writing!

MariaDaCat says...

Dear Horisun,
It is I, MariaDaCat. I truly think this poem is beautiful and really opened my eyes to see that rainy days are not so bad, even though they are wet and cold. Next time, as a friendly suggestion, where it says

"Rainy Days aren't exactly a pot of gold,

And Rainy days might be cold."

You could put a line in between the two lines or make them longer.
Well, now that look back to it, it's fine but it kind of tripped me up. Probably just me.

Other than that, it is most likely the one of the most greatest poems I have spied with my little eye.
Keep it up!

Your friend,
MariaDaCat

MariaDaCat wrote a review...

Dear Horisun,

And Rainy days might be cold."

Keep it up!

Your friend,
MariaDaCat

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:06 am
Thisislegacy wrote a review...

Legacy here for a review (and coming out of hiding).

I personally love rainy days when I don't have to out in them, but I love the idea of telling people to go outside in the rain because only really sad people or really happy people go out in the rain. For lack of better words mediocre people don't really enjoy the rain. You can make this point even further if you were to use more figurative language.

Some grammatical pet peeves:
You used the word their which is a possessive when you meant they're which is the conjunction of they are.
You capitalized the word rain in the middle of a sentence (I know this one isn't really bad if you are trying to make emphasis of the word, but with the whole topic being about the rain, I don't think you need the word to be capitalized there.

Overall, this poem is good, you can definitely make it better. Take a good look at it once you've taken a break from it for a bit and see what revisions you need to make. :) Legacy out.

Horisun says...

Thank you for the review!

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:04 am
James565611 says...

I love this poem, its nice and well written.
I noticed an error or a misspelt word.

in your line for where u state and I quote "their associated with sadness" I think "their" should be they are. you made this same mistake in your last for stanza.

nice poem though keep it up

Horisun says...

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss