Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Welcome to YWS

by Horisun

Hello, welcome to the best writing community,

it's the closest thing to a writer city.

Forums is our café,

and storybooks is our broadway.

Go follow great writers,

who are both our warriors and our fighters,

their pens are their swords.

Typing furiously on their keyboard.

OMG, whats that?

A new chapter in a series I've been reading.

Oh, and look!

I've gotta review,

and my poems on the literary spotlight, too!

Go, explore and have fun!

Meet new friends, and form great rivalries!

Just kidding, we don't need a war.

We just need to write, write, write,

And write some more!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:50 am
Swetachowdhury0 says...

Wow, it is really a great poem and suits yws a lot... Loved it keep writing.....

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:46 pm
LadyGemstone wrote a review...

I feel that all reviewers don't need to be critics. So, instead of redundantly pointing out small flaws in your poem that were already stated, I shall do something else. I am going to be a positive reviewer. I am not downing any previous reviewers they all do good work, unless they are excessively negative. I just don't see why all feedback must contain critique.

Okay, sorry for the long introduction, here is the review. I loved your entire poem and how it revolved around a little written about inspiration The Young Writers Society! We can write and publish because of the site so your poem is both ironic and almost a thank you note. Though I wish I was an unbiased person and could say I loved all of your poem, I didn't love it all equally. I had favorite parts! :)

My favorite parts were:

'Go follow great writers,

their pens are their swords.

Typing furiously on their keyboard'

and

'Oh, and look!

I've gotta review,

Go, explore and have fun!

Just kidding, we don't need a war.'

Something you can add, not mandatory not even well thought through, is somewhere towards the middle where you are talking about great writers is some thing about might. It would go well if you included it with some repetition like what you did at the end with this line: 'We just need to write, write, write!' not all poems need to rhyme. Not all poets need to listen to critiques or helpers. :) Keep writing! Have a nice day!

Horisun says...

Thank you! You have a anytime, too!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm
Bellarke wrote a review...

Hi!!! I just wanna say that I loved this.

There were only a few mistakes that I could see.

But as @FlamingPheonix already stated, you do not need the comma between the words write, but that is simply up to you.

And the "OMG" In the middle of the poem, it was not necessary, you could have put like "Oh" or something, but that too is also up to you.

I like how carefree you made this seem, with your choice of words.

I love how you thought of this idea, it was really unique, and creative.

I hope this didnt sound mean or rude.

I loved this, so I am going to click the star!!!

Keep writing,
~Liz

Horisun says...

Bellarke says...

Sorry it posted so many times.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm
Bellarke says...

I hope this didnt sound mean or rude.

Keep writing,
~Liz

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 am
AmadeusW wrote a review...

This is fun. I like how you took it upon yourself to promote and summarize the YWS community and its features and forums and activities. This you could post everywhere you go and the YWS will be flooding with new visitors (as if they don't have tons already). I have really nothing to edit in this, except maybe saying "I've got to review" instead of "I've gotta review". I think the line "Go, explore and have fun!" would flow smoother if you said "Go, explore and have some fun!" And, lastly, a little tidbit about poem formatting, usually every line starts with a capital letter.
Good read! Good write! Good job!

Horisun says...

Liberty says...

Wow, this is wondrous, @Horisun! You really made YWS feel like a community. Good job and keep up the fantastic work!

Horisun says...

Liberty says...

Your welcome! :)

Hello, FlamingPhoenix here again with a review for you on yet another poem.
Let's get to the review:

So let's start off by saying I really, really loved reading this poem, it such a wonderful way to welcome new people to the sight. I have to say, when I first came to the sight I would have loved to see something like this on the sight, so you have done a really great job.

I think the flow is just amazing, it all rimes really well together, and your punctuation is great. I have know problems there. So really well done.

There is this one sentence I think just needs a little something to be added.

We just need to write, write, write!

I think you should take out the comma between the two writes in bold and replace it with a and. I think it will flow a little better, but that is all up to you.

Again amazing job, and I hope to see more of your works on YWS soon. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix. :D
Reviewing with a fiery passion.

Horisun says...

Your welcome.

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson