typewriters, ribbons, and printwheels

by Audy

GreenLight24 says...

I love this so much! Yes!

Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 am
Renard wrote a review...

Oooh.

I have never seen a work like this before, I just sat back and watched it type away.
How did you do it? XD

However, I must say I found it a little annoying that you couldn't see the work in total if you know what I mean, it made your writing all segmented. And I know that is the point but yah... *is picky*
It's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally cool.
And your imagesa and language are good.

Cool.

Kudos for creating something I have never seen before.

:D

Audy says...

^_^ I used Speedbot to write it, and once you have it as a .gif image saved onto your computer, you can upload it through the publishing center as an image.

Cool. Might have to try that sometime. :)

Not that I'm copying your genius idea. ;) LOL
*hugs* Fanks.

Audy says...

Oh not at all! Try it! It's fun ^_^

Will do. ^.^

Fri May 16, 2014 12:09 am
pinkdinosaurs wrote a review...

Hey, here to review :)

Just to start of, wow! The effect is awesome and really creative. I really enjoyed how you compared yourself/someone to a fish just waiting around, thinking, waiting, repeating. The humour from 'fin Morse code' was really funny , *smiles*.

Keep up the great work!!!

~From Pinkdinosaurs xx

Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 am
Vivian says...

This is so awesome Audy, how'd you do this.

Audy says...

Speedbot! and then just save the image and re-upload it into the publishing center.

Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm
Aley says...

In this context I am a fish too sounds off. Maybe leave it out to just jump into "my fins" or what was next? Rest was great fun with the scroll thing.

Thu May 15, 2014 5:04 pm
Monsters wrote a review...

Sorry, but if your going to use this method then you need to write it like a slam and not like regular written poetry. The line about there being no wallpaper takes a minute or two to think about and by the time the reader has really had time to digest it the poem is half way done. See going into the poem I thought that there being no wallpaper was like you being in your thoughts typing away on a type writer and making yourself this freewrite but as you talked about the fish tank I just got more and more confused. C'mon Audy you can't possibly expect anyone to know what you mean by a 'wall tank' when you're throwing word after word at them. If it were written out I probably would still have tons of questions about what you're seeing, where you are and everything in between. To be honest it is way to cryptic to gain any type of meaning out of it. You lost me at wallpaper.

I'm not saying it's bad, we talked before about how I loved some of your stuff but I can't seem to understand this at all. It seems that clarity and simplicity were not taking into account when you wanted to make an image that throws word after word at your reader with no stop for reflection or trying to grasp an understanding.

Audy says...

Hey Monster ^^ Thanks always for your reviews! I agree with you on wall tank, I'll probably change that to fish tank or leave it as tank, thanks!

When you say it's too cryptic, can you elaborate? For example, I can see what you mean when you say that it's not as easy to digest a poem when it's presented word for word at a time, as opposed to reading it at your own pace. I can totally see that. I am just hoping that the writing is not cryptic, perhaps you can let me know if yes in fact the writing is cryptic? For example,

I can say:

"I am staring at an empty wall. "

Instead I said,

"There's no wallpaper here, no
hanging clocks."

is the first preferred for clarity?

Monsters says...

Yes and Audy it's cryptic because when you say no wallpaper and no hanging clocks it's kinda like telling us everything that you're not seeing instead of what you do see. No one with certainty can tell that you are looking at a blank wall because you never told them. The first would be preferred but it's also bland as-is

Audy says...

Ahh! I see what you say. I like ambiguity and uncertainty, what I don't want is to be cryptic. There's a fine line and I've no way mastered it, but thank you so much for your feedback, I feel like I needed that.

Monsters says...

Awesome!

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles