z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

To Buddha Land 2.0

by Audy


If you need to see it in bigger text, click here. This is a revised draft. Here is the original. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
624 Reviews


Points: 3571
Reviews: 624

Donate
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:26 pm
Casanova wrote a review...



Heya, Audy! Casanova here to review for you!
So, I do my reviews a bit differently. I list the good, then the bad, then I top it off with a conclusion. Bear with me! The only thing's I can think of that's wrong with this poem are /style/ preferences. Anyway, to the review!
In all honesty this was a really good poem. Well thought out, good imagery, almost everything just... Fell into place I guess you could say. It's breathless the way you mold your words into something so artistic- refreshing to see a style such as this go so far. It's really amazing, so I give you free and three props for that!
Before I get to the,"Bad, the nitpicks, the errors, the flaws, or whatever," I would like to say a couple lines that really stuck with me, the ones I felt were the best out of the entire poem.

"I am girl who sleeps with the wind, flighty on my canvas, I paint the love she holds for the earth, I paint the paths she carries us on..."
These lines are seriously breathtaking- I love them.
But they're also part of my next part.
First thing- the format of this poem wasn't as I'm used to- it wasn't bad but it wasn't,"BAM," either.
The next thing is something that is definitely style preference- capitalization of the first word of every line. I had it ingrained in my skull for a long time when it comes to poetry- and it's one of the first things I look at for some reason. I know you don't /have/ to, but it's fun to see.
The next thing is in the line,"I am girl who sleeps with the wind..."
I couldn't but think you missed putting an,"a," between,"am," and ,"girl," but I could be mistaken. In my opinion this makes the line flow better.
Really the only /bad/ things I have to say are capitalization, punctuation, and flow. But again- these are strictly style preferences and really the only thing I've been looking at in poems today.
Anyway- keep on doing what you're doing and keep on keeping on.
Your friend- Matthew Casanova Aaron.


P.S- Review day is still tomorrow at 9. correct?




User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 8053
Reviews: 131

Donate
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 am
View Likes
godlypopo wrote a review...



Hello, Godly here for a review and happy review day!

This is a beautiful poem! I love it so much *follows* You are such an amazing poet and you show a true talent in this style of writing! What drew me into the poem was not only the title but the way you have formatted the poem as a whole. I love how the lines in the stanzas look like they are drifting across the page as it really fits the story of the poem. Not only does it talk about the land in the clouds, it shows the poem as the clouds. I just love it so much! Another great thing about this is that the characters in the story are well developed which is uncommon in a poem. This way it makes the poem stand out and the characters are memorable. I also really like the idea of using metaphors to describe the narrator as it bursts open the imagination of the reader. This connects the reader to the poem making it more enjoyable and creates an adventure for all to enjoy. The grammar and punctuation is on point and it is one of the best poems I have read on this sight. I will defiantly read more from you in the future! Keep writing.
All the best,
Godly :D





Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau