Speckles of emotion

by illy7896

Shallow breaths

linger on under my quiet eyes

breathe

castles in the sky

windows boarded and storms repent

my sins

Are a mile high

----

Live on through the day

my lightbulb turns on

though there is already sunlight

This is how morning starts

Temptations to resurrect those dreams

that i had abandoned

Half-emptied

Like cornfields forgotten

the pleasures rot

Beep beep

-----

Hearts held to my chest

beating and burning

fires long ago doused

but resparked

By the news

Trapped inside

thunking like metal limbs

dragging across the wood

robots engineered to fail

That is who we are

----

Expressions on an expressionless face

smile faded

lips bent in peculiar ways

venting my thoughts

silently

Like paper corners

flicked and screwed 

Turning upwards 

scratching the skin like feather and tin

Where has the softness gone, once embellished with frozen kisses

----

They say that humans are afraid of the unknown

yet I find myself concerned 

over secure settlements and what I find

is scarier than what I have not

Suddenly the future seems more frightening 

now that time has been mortalised

Through life

as we know

This is it

MirrorOfTheSun says...

Wow!! You are really a good poet!

illy7896 says...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:59 am
akanbright wrote a review...

Hmm. I really love it there. Caught me off guard and I sure expected that from you. Like the others, I love the flow of the poem for myself and I sure bet it is really really amazing.
Again, I would compliment the layout on your literary appreciations and figure of speech used in the different lines above. There are a series of hidden phenomom in each line of your poem, and that is what really made it make some bit of sense.
Writing is a skill that I think everyone needs to work and develop on. Your poem's striking, but at the same time, not in line as to the way I expected. I don't know how you planned it or the messages you were trying to pass through, but as readers are, I know for sure that they would always want to see things on a different aspect or point of view.
I do not want to point out that most of the lines were actually contradictory or point blank, but like you said, I believe when it is originally published, the theme would be less contrasting and comprehensible because your language is high sounding and your diction lacks clarity.
Above all, its wonderful that you wrote well, and I seem to enjoy it.

illy7896 says...

Thank you for your kind review:)

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:57 am
akanbright says...

YourFriendQuirks08 wrote a review...

Hey, great poem! You have a talent for writing - as we can see here.

The flow is amazing and the end line "This is it" sent chills down my spine! The whole poem had an eerie, almost spooky feel to it. Your stanzas have a huge effect on the entire poem too :)

Overall i very much enjoyed it ; no criticism here!

Love Rubes :)

illy7896 says...

Thanks so much!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 am
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...

Hey!

First of all lemme just say that I really enjoyed reading your poem.

There's a slightly eerie air in the poem, like it is forcing us to confront the harsh realities of existence. I really liked the flow, especially in the fourth stanza.

I'm not sure about this, but I think there should be a question mark at the end of this line:

I really liked how you compare humans to robots engineered to fail...that's a beautiful comparison.

I don't really know why, but this line sounds amazing:

There's something lyrical about it...I really loved that line.

On the whole, I loved the poem. Can't wait to read more of your work.

Keep writing.

illy7896 says...

Thank you so much for your review

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria