z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Trying To Write

by Snazzy


(I literally made this up in about 5 minutes. At the time this sounded good...but now, I'm not so sure. :) Is it bad that this is how I feel all of the time? :) )

One day I thought,

that I would write.

Maybe a story,

about a kite.

~

Or perhaps, something different,

like a cloud or a bee.

No, that wouldn't work...

what about a tree?

~

No, too plain.

What about a dove?

Yes! A pure white dove,

searching for true love.

~

Nope. Way too corny...

Maybe a purple dress?

I sighed and shook my head.

The possibilities are endless!

~

I could write about a worm,

or a really flat ball.

I could even write about a flower!

Or a giraffe that was just too tall!

~

Eventually I sighed, giving up on my book.

I had tried many ideas, a lot!

I tried to write a really good story but,

once upon a time was the farthest I got.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:01 am
View Likes
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



Hey, I like this no matter how much you don't! Firstly, because it describes perfectly the difficulties we writers have to face, not knowing what ideas to choose because as you say in the poem, the possibilities are endless.

However, I've a feeling you're a much better writer than you show and you could write serious poetry too if you just tried. Why not try? It takes about.....fifteen minutes to write a good poem, at least that's the case for me.......

The fifth stanza is my favourite :)

KKeep writing! I want to read your poems! They're just so lighthearted that you can't hate them, and I think you write like Dr. Seuss. ( I've read the Cat in the Hat)

Mysticalxx




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 330
Reviews: 28

Donate
Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:47 pm
View Likes
truealpha wrote a review...



I like this, I like this a lot. It's simple, short and extremely related able to just about everyone on the site. The poem kind of conveys what it's like to be an author/ writer. Or being a first time author/ writer. It was also quite funny in my opinion. Also the fact that you kept up with the rhymes is really nice. Wow this is a very simple prompt and you made it work rather well. I see no problems with this so good job. Keep writing




Snazzy says...


:D Thank you!!



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 34
Reviews: 60

Donate
Sun May 31, 2015 8:02 am
View Likes
AllisonArgent wrote a review...



Well first about the poem. the end 'once upon a time was the farthest I got.' was the best part to me. I laughed out loud reading that.It's crazy....sometimes when I have ideas I don't have a neat book and when I have a book I don't have any ideas.I have many ideas when I free and alone but when I've joined in a writing contest , I just don't have any ideas. When I have to write simple stories only complex stories came to my mind but when I want to write a complex story.'what should I write a mosquito's tragic love story'? Any way that was a really nice poem,Loved it.




Snazzy says...


Thank you!



User avatar
128 Reviews


Points: 6214
Reviews: 128

Donate
Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm
View Likes
BlueSunset wrote a review...



Hello! Sunset here to review another one of your works! I'm excited!

This reminded me a lot of your other work, Dear Stupid Blank Page. Yes, that was it. Anyways, your poem skills are very quite good, aren't they?
Your last stanza made me laugh. This poem makes a lot of sense in reality, and it happens to me a lot. I totally relate to it. I love how you show people how the possibiltoes are endless, cause they really are. But I also like how you make it seem funny at the same time.
If you ever look to improve this poem, don't ever change the way you wrote you closing stanza. I absoluteley love it. :)
Now just for the fun of it, I gonna repeat it:

Eventually I sighed, giving up on my book,
I had tried many ideas, a lot!
I tried to write a really good story but,
once upon a time was the farthest I got.

I guess You could add a comma in between "story" and "but", but I don't see which one is correct and which one isn't. Could just keep it the same, I'm not too strict about that kind of thing.
Anyways, overall you should just keep this the same. I think it's great, and totally reminds me of how I write stories. :)
From,
Sunset101




Snazzy says...


Thanks sunset! :D :D



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 417
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 am
View Likes
jaypolarbear wrote a review...



Hey SnazzyPencil,
Your poem is so good.
I had really enjoyed it and it sounded really nice.
I do hope you make some more.
Your rhyming is really cool and it uplifted me today.
You seem to be really skilled at doing this and I admire you, I hope to write a poem as good as yours. I find these things a little bit challenging to make, ha ha ha.
I hope you appreciate my little review for you, and I saw nothing or any palpable error on what you have created.
Best wishes for you!




Snazzy says...


Thank you! :D :D



User avatar
112 Reviews


Points: 2094
Reviews: 112

Donate
Fri May 22, 2015 11:57 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll wrote a review...



Oh my God. This is exactly what happened to me just thirteen minutes ago. Well, almost. I was trying to think up a cool comic idea, but I wasted half an hour staring at my living room wall. Eventually I ended up doing one about a snowman and E.T. Not as cool as I hoped, but it was okay. But back to your poem. This is a wonderful piece and as soon as I finish writing this review I am going to like it and follow you. I found no errors, but I will do a quick double check......Okay. Two things. One, there are slightly too many commas. Two, you forgot to capitalize "once" in the last line of stanza six. Other than that, this poem is perfect and I am able to relate to it! Great job, SnazzyPencil!!!




Snazzy says...


Thanks! :D :D



User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 257
Reviews: 38

Donate
Wed May 06, 2015 2:17 am
View Likes
LindsayG says...



I love the simplicity of this poem and also just how its so complex! It really speaks to the writing process very accurately. Good job! I would however, love to see you continue this but then again that gets at the theme that really what you can write about is truly endless!




Snazzy says...


Thanks! :) :) :D :D



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 382
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm
View Likes
Bambi wrote a review...



I thought this was very amusing. I couldn't help but laugh at a few things. I think the best part was "Nope. Way too corny..." . That defiantly made me laugh. I love how most people write about love, hate, or loneliness, then theirs peaces like this. That people just come up with out of the blue. Its amazing! haha It takes me forever to write a peace of poetry. Everything you wrote is how i feel when im trying to think about what to write. Like maybe i should write about my dog, or my cat.. no no.. Maybe about my friends.. haha Its hard to decide. I think you captured just about how everyone feels when writing. But not only did you capture it, you also made it funny. I loved this! Look forward to your next peace!

~Bam




Snazzy says...


:D Thank you! :D



User avatar
127 Reviews


Points: 221
Reviews: 127

Donate
Mon May 04, 2015 6:36 pm
View Likes
Konijn wrote a review...



This is very amusing to me. I tend to find myself in the exact same situation, so its easy to relate. I feel like it almost has a Dr. Suess sort of tone to it, which is pretty cool, because I love Dr.Suess. I think that its a pretty awesome idea, and I cant find much to change grammar/spelling wise. Great job, I look forward to reading more of your works! Keep writing!




Snazzy says...


YES! Dr. Suess and Shel Silverstein are my favorites. :D Thank you! :)



Konijn says...


No problem! They are some of my favorites too! :D



User avatar
284 Reviews


Points: 4250
Reviews: 284

Donate
Mon May 04, 2015 5:25 pm
View Likes
RubyRed wrote a review...



Hi Snazzy! Nice poem. I think it's very cute. Also I can relate to this poem! :D I don't really think I have anything to say as far as punctuation or anything like that. I'll just say, "Great! Fantastic! Awesome! Supercalafrajalisticexpealadoshis! Or whatever! Haha......good job. I think you encouraged our fellow writers to write even when you don't have a great stand point. :)




Snazzy says...


Thank you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D



RubyRed says...


:) :D :) :P :D



Snazzy says...


The smilies...they are perfect. :D ;) :P :)



RubyRed says...


Haha yeah. :D :) ;) ;D :D :) ;)



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 314
Reviews: 8

Donate
Mon May 04, 2015 4:09 pm
View Likes
MyGlassHeart wrote a review...



I really like your poem, i can sympathize im working on getting over a really bad string of writers block and its not easy i know. Your poem is really cool, its different some people are going to tell you its weird but hey take it as a compliment. That just means its something they haven't come across before, congratulations! Your being original!




Snazzy says...


Thank you! :D :D :D :D



User avatar
305 Reviews


Points: 431
Reviews: 305

Donate
Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 pm
View Likes
speakerskat wrote a review...



Aww this was so cute ! It is a little strange though I will be honest. It sounds like some of my oroginal pieces , never know what to write about .I thought it was a nice amusing poem and I liked the rhyming even if the flow was a little interrupted here and there . Try looking up some nifty literary devices to jazz it up a bit. Like plenoasm or chiasmus or hyperbole or syncope or similies or alliteration or (can you tell my Latin teacher drills weird literary devices into my head????).

But seriously, it's a great way to further your awesome creativity. Figuring out what to write can be hard but what you have to do is accept advice even if you don't like it and try it and see what works best for you.Wait for inspiration or just mess around , maybe you prefer sonnets or ballads (you should look up all these wwird words I promise i'm not spouting nonsense). BUT! Awesome job you should be more confident sure youre not writing shakesperian sonetts but I really loved your poem and you can only get better.

Keep it up jazz it up :3
Kat!




Snazzy says...


:D Thank you so much! I'm used to short fun poems like these...*cough* Shel Silverstein... :D So I tend to write these more often. Though I really want to try getting into more "serious" poetry. :) Thanks for the review!! :D




I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11