z

Young Writers Society



Broken Records Lyrics At One O'clock

by DeerInBacPac


The Skype call has ended.                                                                                                                   The words we tell one another every night,                                                                                       Still echoing in my brain.

I love you                                                                                                                                              It repeats like a broken record,                                                                                                              But on my favorite lyric.

Its only eleven,                                                                                                                                   And I lay in bed.                                                                                                                        Watching Glee.

---

It turns one o'clock,

And I know that I am not ok.

It turns one o'clock,

And I wish that my other half was here.

It turns one o'clock,

And I wonder if I will be ok,

Or if I should cry.

But I won't,

Because I cry too much,

And I have had enough.

---

The lyrics,                                                                                                                                             To the broken record,                                                                                                                        Play once more.

But more songs,                                                                                                                            Chime in.

And this is how I fall asleep,                                                                                                                 To the memory of his voice,                                                                                                               And the bitter sound of mine.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 1278
Reviews: 35

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:43 pm
wendylau98 says...



Hey there. Here for a quick review!

And this is how I fall asleep. To the memory of his voice. And the bitter sound of mine.
Love love loves this line.

Now I believe there will be times that I see it's 1 o'clock. It would remind me of this poem.

Nice job, keep up the awesome job!




DeerInBacPac says...


Oh, thank you wendy! And I really like your name!



wendylau98 says...


Hey Flumadiddle.. my name? Its a common name.. anyway, Thanks!



DeerInBacPac says...


I still like and you can't tell me otherwise.



wendylau98 says...


Oh You! I like you too!



DeerInBacPac says...


Thanks!



User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 199
Reviews: 58

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:44 pm
View Likes
IzzyIsHappy wrote a review...



Hey it's Izzy here for a review and yes I know IM REVIEWING STUFF AH! (only because no one is on the WFP XD)

I love this so much, it shows that you love this person a lot, (hehe I know who it is) and it shows how much you miss them, how you wish they were there. No one can cry too much. It's a natural thing to cry a lot. Or to feel a lot of emotions. And how you say "but more songs chime in", like, more thoughts chime in. My favorite line in this entire thing is "And this is how I fall asleep, To the memory of his voice, And the bitter sound of mine."

Maybe my favorite poem of yours ever. Seriously!

Love ya sis!

~Izzy




User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 199
Reviews: 58

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm
IzzyIsHappy says...



Hey it's Izzy here for a review and yes I know IM REVIEWING STUFF AH! (only because no one is on the WFP XD)

I love this so much, it shows that you love this person a lot, (hehe I know who it is) and it shows how much you miss them, how you wish they were there. No one can cry too much. It's a natural thing to cry a lot. Or to feel a lot of emotions. And how you say "but more songs chime in", like, more thoughts chime in. My favorite line in this entire thing is "And this is how I fall asleep, To the memory of his voice, And the bitter sound of mine."

Maybe my favorite poem of yours ever. Seriously!

Love ya sis!

~Izzy




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:13 pm
Radrook says...



I'm just surprised that you aren't being told to post it in the lyrics section. Mine about Helen is infinitely less lyrical and it was immediately unceremoniously relegated there with no further ado. This one is blatantly lyical and not one peep.




DeerInBacPac says...


wait this is lyrical



Radrook says...


Yep



DeerInBacPac says...


Well, that was an accident. To make this lyrical.



Radrook says...


So was mine yet I was called on it immediately.



LadyLoki says...


I wouldn't worry about it. W. H. Auden has an entire book of poems published that are meant to be lyrical -- "As I Walked Out One Evening: Songs, Ballads, Lullabies, Limericks, and Other Light Verse"



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 524
Reviews: 54

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 am
StupidSoup says...



Ignore this post. YWS freaked out in me




DeerInBacPac says...


ok



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 524
Reviews: 54

Donate
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 am
StupidSoup says...



Quite nice. Well done




User avatar


Points: 382
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:57 pm
Queentera40 wrote a review...



" And this is how I fall asleep. To the memory of his voice, and the bitter sound of mine." Such a beautiful line. The contrast is so bright and well put out that I can hear bells chiming loudly while peaceful music floats through the chaos. However, since you are describing a voice, tone and resonance you could put "sharp" instead of "bitter." You don't need to add that, but it's just a suggestion (I hope you don't mind). I am horrible at reviews :(




DeerInBacPac says...


Its ok, really. And thank you for the review!



User avatar


Points: 143
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 pm
emma1045 says...



Hello!

I'm not great with reviews so this will be short.

I loved this poem. Very romantic, but there are a few things you need to check. For instance, you have a few apostrophes missing here and there and a few grammar mistakes.

Overall this is a great poem. I hope this helps.

Keep up the great work!!




emma1045 says...


Gosh, why won't this work? Anyway, I hope it helps.



DeerInBacPac says...


yes, thank you!



User avatar


Points: 143
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 pm
emma1045 says...



Hello!

I'm not great with reviews so this will be short.

I loved this poem. Very romantic, but there are a few things you need to check. For instance, you have a few apostrophes missing here and there and a few grammar mistakes.

Overall this is a great poem. I hope this helps.

Keep up the great work!!




DeerInBacPac says...


Next time you mention grammar mistakes, list them and the lines they are in. And thank you!



emma1045 says...


I'll keep that in mind, thank you. And you're welcome.



User avatar


Points: 143
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm
emma1045 says...



Hello!

I'm not great with reviews so this will be short.

I loved this poem. Very romantic, but there are a few things you need to check. For instance, you have a few apostrophes missing here and there and a few grammar mistakes.

Overall this is a great poem. I hope this helps.

Keep up the great work!!




emma1045 says...


Damn I forgot to press the review button thing



DeerInBacPac says...


we all do it, no worries!



User avatar
364 Reviews


Points: 15630
Reviews: 364

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:24 pm
zaminami wrote a review...



Hello Flumadiddle! Kara here for a (hopefully) quick review!

Give me your soul.

With that aside, I'm not the best at poetry but here we go!

Bold = grammar and flow issues.
Italics = suggestions and overall
Strikethrough = remove
Underline = krazy Kara komments.

Spoiler! :
The Skype call has ended. The words we tell one another every night, Still echoing in my brain.

I love you It repeats like a broken record, But on my favorite lyric. {but I'm always annoyed when that happens. how do you stand it?}

It{'}s only eleven, {But} I lay in bed. Watching Glee. {yusss}

---

{As i}t turns one o'clock,

And I know that I am not ok{ay}.

{As i}t turns one o'clock,

And I wish that my other half was here.

{As i}t turns one o'clock,

And I wonder if I will be ok{ay},

Or if I should cry.

But I won't,

Because I cry too much,

And I have had enough.

---

The lyrics, To the broken record, Play once more.

But more songs, Chime in.

And this is how I fall asleep, To the memory of his voice, And the bitter sound of mine. {child yours isn't bitter}


My interpretation:



another love poem. **le cry**

Overall:



I really liked this! This is definitely one of your stronger poems <3 keep up the great work!

Why haven’t you given me your soul yet? --

Kara

Image


This review courtesy of
Image




DeerInBacPac says...


Thanks Kara!



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 103
Reviews: 29

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:24 pm
View Likes
WanderlustStardust wrote a review...



Hello! Berri here for a review! ( ◠ ◡ ◠ )

Let me begin by saying, wow. I can relate to this too, too much. Maybe not the Skype calls or even being able to hear your SO's voice, but rather wishing that they were here with you...

(the problems of liking a fictional character)

But seriously, the formatting of this poem is fascinating. The way that the beginning and the end seem to be crumpled in a way, compared to the static stillness of the middle, makes your poem look like what a broken record would sound like, if that makes any sense at all. ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

The words used in this poem sound delicate and caring, like they were chosen after millions of other words, to convey a certain meaning. They probably were. This is more than a first or second draft; I can tell. You did a very good job with word choice.

I personally like the part where you said, "...it repeats like a broken record,/but on my favorite lyric." Something about this seems dreamy and sorrowful at the same time. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

All in all, I love this poem. There aren't any grammatical or punctuation issues as far as I can see. But this is beautiful, and I think it would be cool if you actually published this. It definitely resonates with an audience!! (❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

Berri out ~ d=(´▽`)=b




DeerInBacPac says...


Why thank you Berri! Are you new to YWS? You don't seem like it. Hmm... I love your review style by the way.





I am new, actually ~

And thanks!! :D



DeerInBacPac says...


No problem!



User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 206

Donate
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...



@Dreamworx95 @izanami @woahhitherepal @WhosabellCanWrite @TheBlueCat @LittleLee @269609 @Lake @LordTachanka @LadyLoki @AnneTaylor @Danni88 @GreenTea @Murphy2493 @Helena13 @emolemon @wordwing @SpaceSnickerdoodle @LJF






ayeeeeeeeeee



IzzyIsHappy says...


AYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE



fatherfig says...


"Thank thee, :wink:"



zaminami says...


eyyyyy



LakeOfCancer says...


sup...!!!!!!!!!!



DeerInBacPac says...


HOLY SHIT SO MANY PEOPLE



LordTachanka says...


WOOOOOO!



DeerInBacPac says...


WOO




You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla