z

Young Writers Society



silhouette

by Button


"no,"
she said,
"I am sorry for the world turning
and the leaves falling.
my smiles were mine to give,
my hands learned
to turn out the shape of you
even when you were not there,
and I am eternally grateful for
that.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 607
Reviews: 65

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:20 am
wtppowers wrote a review...



Hey Persy! It's Mr. Powers here, with another fun and exciting review! Today, I'm going to go back in time and review an older work of yours, entitled "silhouette".

First thing, it irks me to see the title not capitalized like that. But, seeing as though you've done the same thing with 99% of your other works, I'll just leave that alone.

This is a pretty... deep... piece. It really is. The speaker appears to be reminiscing over a failed relationship. She's sorry for the inevitable (world turning, leaves falling) happening. The rest of that is confusing. I think it could be one of two things:

1). The speaker can easily imagine her lover's body beside her, and can "feel" him, without the guy actually being there.

2). She is glad to have forgotten how her lover's body feels like.

Either way, I'll leave you with this. Big things come in small packages. You don't need a large work to express your feelings.

A+




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 613
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:41 am
LeoPenrhythm wrote a review...



Helllloooooo, Leo here to review

Short, sweet and simple:-) these are the first words that I would like to use for this piece..

Just a thing, I didn't quite get what you tried to express through the poem...You see that's the problem with short pieces....you have to be very precise in your words that helps the reader to understand your poem...

Is "she" in the poem conversing with the silhouette of hers..Or is it something altogether different?????

Thank you :-)




User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Hey, HT here to review.


"no," If you don't mind me asking, why isn't this capitalized?
she said,
"I am sorry for the world turning
and the leaves falling. This was very well written, but I don't really see what these two lines have to do with the rest of the poem. If I missed something important, I apologize.
my smiles were mine to give,
my hands learned
to turn out the shape of you
even when you were not there, I loved these lines
and I am eternally grateful for
that.”


This was short, sweet, and to the point. For it being so short, it has a lot of character and emotion within it. You are a very talented writer. The only two things that I thought were a little odd are mentioned above, so let me just say that it was a joy to read this piece.

Happy Writing!
HT




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 6441
Reviews: 110

Donate
Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:36 pm
Gardevite wrote a review...



Hello :), review coming to you via android, so please excuse the odd out of place word, because of autocorrect :), now onward!

I thought your poem was simply beautiful, seriously.

Some people would find it off-putting to read a poem that is half way through a conversation but I found it interesting to sort of imagine the circumstances, personally it felt like a lover's letter.

I love everything about this poem, seriously, I already said that, it's that good. I loved it :D





He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche