Least Romantic: Chapter Two: A Twist and a Lie

by Horisun

Weeks passed, and the two would play together all the time. Anywhere from Mermaids, to cars, from butterflies, to coloring, they did it all. However, Ala began to notice a group that was always off to the side of them. She felt eyes on the back of her head, which would swivel around every time she felt a shiver down her spine, but they would always have their heads bent down over their coloring, be dancing to music, or be over at the science table studying leaves.

"Do you ever feel that Tiana, Laura, and Ria are watching us?" Ala asked Henry, as they placed the last block on their tower.

Henry shrugged, seeming unconcerned, "I haven't really noticed anything." His eyes widened, "Have you?"

Ala sighed, "It's probably nothing, I haven't caught them looking at me, but I just, feel something..."

"Maybe it's your mermaid senses kicking in!" Henry said, jumping to his feet.

Ala brightened, "Yeah, maybe!" She said, and they went back to building their city.

The next day, Henry left early for his sisters birthday party. As Henry and Ala waved goodbye, and he walked through the door, Ala felt a tap on her shoulder.

"You can't play with Henry anymore."

Ala whirled around, "What, why?"

Tiana, and five others, stood in front of her, Tiana had her hands on her hips. She was wearing a dress with beautiful pink flowers, and she had large hooped earrings that made her look all grown up. Ala fingered her skirt that she'd been wearing for the past year. Her stomach began to throb.

"Because." Tiana said, lifting her chin high "You play with him too much." And with that, her and her friends turned and walked away, leaving Ala shocked, confused, and upset.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:57 am

Hey!! It's me again with yet another review for you on this chapter on this lovely day.

Okay let's get started!!!

So it's nice to see Ala and Henry still together, I can see they have formed a really good friendship, and its really sweet to read. It's fun to see them having no worry about to world out side, and that not all things are easy. It's nice seeing them become so close, and so quickly!
Though it did shock me a little to see a little girl like Tiana acting the way she did, I'm not sure were she got that attitude from but I can see she is going to be one of the mean girls that want's everything her way. I mean she has already started, she wont allow Ala to play with Henry!! I mean what's up with that?
Well I'll tell you what I think is going on, Tiana is unhappy with Ala playing with Henry because Tiana likes him, I have a feeling that Henry is the cool boy in the class that all the girls like. Well that's what I got from this chapter anyway.

Like always keep writing, because this just got a bit more interesting, and i can't wait to see what will happen next, so i am off to the next chapter!! I hope you have a great day or night ether one is fine. Post the next chapter soon.

Your friend and faithful reader
FlamingPhoenix!!
Reviewing with a fiery passion!!

shieldmaiden says...

Nice Tiana - 'you play with him too much'. And? So what! Wow, I can already tell that this Tiana is going to be the head of the 'mean girls'. I can only hope that Ala won't loose her friend, Henry, over some girl drama. Well, I'm off to the next chapter. Keep writing!
-Shieldmaiden

Lib wrote a review...

Heeeyoooo Horisuuuun.

Hope you're doing well! I'm back to give you a review! Let's start this thing. :)

Okay, so just saying, half the time, I continuously went: AWWW. Lol, I swear, this is way too cute. I'm dying of awe.

Okay, so very teeny weeny nitpick here. The comma after "just" doesn't seem as if it's fit over there. Unless it is something that you want to sound like this: ...but I just... feel something...

The next day, Henry left early for his sisters birthday party.

"Sisters" needs an apostrophe before the last "s".

Tiana said, lifting her chin high "You play with him too much." And with that, her and her friends turned and walked away, leaving Ala shocked, confused, and upset.

After "high" isn't there supposed to be a comma or period?

Also, that's sad. I don't have a very nice feeling about Tiana right now, by the way. Anyways, that's it. My review's over. Hope this helped in one way or the other. Of course, if you've got any questions, feel free to ask! (:

And as always...

~Liberty

Happy Review Day!

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 am
Awru wrote a review...

Thats too short*whines*.I see Miss Tiana is gonna grow up to be McKenzie's(from Dork diaries)double part.Poor Ala but i know she will live though it with her prince charming.It was such an adorable chap but i wish it was a bit longer.

but they would always have their heads bent down over their coloring, be dancing to music, or be over at the science table studying leaves

be dancing to music seems like a fish out of water but that could be just me
Now i am off to read the next chap

Keep Up the excellent Work :smt023

peace out

Horisun says...

salia4 wrote a review...

Yay! I am so happy with how quickly you came out with the second chapter. Again, I just love how the main character is a preschooler, and you captured the attitude of preschoolers perfectly, I remember when I first started school the other girls were just like that cuz my best friend was a guy, I just find jealousy like that hilarious.

One tiny little thing, I noticed int the second to last paragraph it seem you misspelled "Tiana", unless Tina and Tiana are two different characters, but I believe it was just a small typo, anyways, it didn't take anything away from the story, just caused a moment of confusion.

I aboslutely love this story so far and can not wait for the rest of it! I love how the chapters are fairly short, so it keeps the reader interested, cuz I know personally, I kinda get bored just looking at super long things of text.

Love this story, keep writing, your work is amazing!

Horisun says...

Thanks for the review! Yeah, that Tiana thing was a typo. I do that a lot with my stories, where I spell names differently through out the story. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll fix that asap!

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights