z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Least Romantic: Chapter Thirteen: Just Say Sorry

by Horisun


Ala's world exploded, like the snap of fingers, or a blink of the eye, everything disappeared.

Faces floated around her head, stupid things she'd said echoing around her. Everything she knew seemed to crash and burn. She wanted to scream, but didn't say anything until they'd pulled into the driveway.

"When?" She finally croaked.

"In a week and a half, but tomorrow will be your last day, sense Daddy and I's last day is tomorrow as well."

And again, her world disappeared. She'd nosed dived into her deepest thoughts. Lost in a maze of her own mind.

"We'll be near the beach, just like you've always wanted! Didn't you say you wanted to live near the ocean?"

"But- but I've always imagined being there with my friends." She suddenly realized how silly that was. Tears began to spill down her cheeks.

"Oh, Honey..." Her Mommy opened her door, and climbed into the back with Ala, hugging her, and rocking her back and forth. "Once you know how to read, you could be pen pals with them, won't that be fun?"

Ala didn't answer, she just cried more.

They sat like that for awhile, until Ala spoke, "I'll really miss them, Mommy."

"Of course you will, you wouldn't be human if you didn't."

Her Mommy brought her inside, and made some hot chocolate for Ala, even though it wasn't even winter.

A thought struck Ala, "Mommy, what day is it?"

"January fifteenth."

Never mind.

Ala didn't sleep well that night, getting only a couple hours of shut eye. When she woke up, Ala begged her Mommy to let her not go to preschool. She was on the ground, pleaded, face scrunched up and red, tears running down her cheeks, snot slipping down her nose into her mouth.

"ALA! Calm down this instant! Mommy and Daddy have to go to work!" Ala stopped screamed, but she was still curled up on the floor.

"If you don't get up now, you'll spend ten minutes in your room when you get home."

Ala pushed herself up, wiped her nose, and trudged to the car, dragging her feet in the dirt until her Mommy had to pick her up, and put her in the car.

Alright, Ala, calm down... It's fine, it won't be so bad. I'm sure some of those people laughing were laughing at Tiana... maybe.

When it seemed like Ala had stopped crying, her Mommy spoke. "Henrys Mom texted me, she asked if you and Henry wanted to have a play date sometime."

"Henry knows what he did." Ala grumbled, but she couldn't keep the whisper of hope from her voice.

"Honey, I've been thinking about what you've told me, and I have been wondering, did you hear the entire conversation?" Her Mommy asked.

Ala glanced up. "No." Her stomach tightened.

"Perhaps Tiana framed him. This is your last day here, I think you should try talking to him, listen to his side of the story?"

Ala looked down at her feet, suddenly feeling ashamed, it was an odd feeling, like being punched in the gut. She stiffened, "Even if you're right, and he was framed, he- he'll never forgive me for what I've said!"

"Just say sorry, and everything will be Okay."

Ala didn't say anything.

They pulled up into the parking lot, and with a heavy heart, she got out of the car, and walked into the building to the cafeteria.

There was a little giggling, and people acted like they were saving seats when Ala drew near, but it was a lot better than what Ala expected.

The only problem was Jenny.

Ala met her gaze, and Jenny shot Ala a long glare. Her Mommy saw her right before she left, and nudged Ala forward, before whispering in her ear. "Just say sorry," She said as she left.

Ala took a deep breath, and walked forward, her Mom's voice ringing in her ear.

Everyone except Jenny scooted away, pretending to be engaged in another conversation when Ala sat down.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

Jenny's face softened, "It's Okay, Ala, I just wish you listened to me."

Ala nodded, "I do too. You were right, I was an idiot, I was blinded by anger, I'm sorry."

They sat in silence for a bit, when Jenny turned to her. "We're friends again, right?" She asked, her face hopeful.

Ala grinned, "Of course!" She said, before remembering something, her smile sliding off her face.

"What is it?" 

"I'm- I'm moving!" She blurted out.

Jenny's eyes went wide. "You're... Moving?"

Ala nodded sadly. "Yes. I'm moving."

Jenny bit her lip, eyes watering, "But... We'll still be friends, right?"

Ala nodded, "Always."

They sat next to each other for the rest of the day, sticking together like glue. 

"You'll write to me, right?" Jenny asked, when Ala's Mommy started signing them out.

"I need to learn to read and write first... But maybe I can send you pictures!"

"Yeah!" They hugged, tears still in their eyes, but they wore them with a smile this time. Ala backed up to her Mommy, waving to Jenny, when she saw someone not to far away, watching her.

Henry.

He met her eyes, and took a step forward, Ala opened her mouth, the speech she'd thought up on the edge of her tongue.

Just say sorry. She thought.

She turned and walked away.




Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:26 pm
View Likes
Lib wrote a review...



Hey Horisun!

Hope you're doing well today or tonight depending on what side of the world you're on, obviously. I'm here to give you a review. Let's get right into it, now, shall we? Alrighto!

So... Ala's moving, and I'm super sad. She literally just did the worst possible thing and people laughed at her. Gee, that sucks. Honestly does, mate. What have you done?? OMG. What is wrng with Ala, though? I know I was supporting her at first but now... AUGH, why?

"In a week and a half, but tomorrow will be your last day, sense Daddy and I's last day is tomorrow as well."


"Sense" or "since"? Pretty sure the latter~ ;)

Ala stopped screamed, but she was still curled up on the floor.


Pretty sure you meant "screaming", instead.

"Henrys Mom texted me, she asked if you and Henry wanted to have a play date sometime."


Apostrophe before the "s"! :P

She turned and walked away.


How could she do that? Like... Why? How cruel could someone get? Like, I'm not even kidding. She's so mean. She could've at least asked what had happened. *continues rambling*

Anyways, great chapter! I'm pretty sure you said that there was going to be another one... I'll be waiting to see that one sometime soon. :) I sure hope this review helped, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me whenever!

And as always...

Keep on writing!

~Liberty




Horisun says...


Thanks for the review!
I was thinking about how Ala turning away didn't come across the way I wanted... I'll definitely have to make it more clear! I meant for it to be that she was too scared, and felt too guilty to face them, but I see how it can come off as mean. Thanks for the review!



Lib says...


Of course!



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio wrote a review...



This is a really good story
I like how you described how Ala felt in the beginning of the chapter. It really helps the reader. understand her feelings about moving.
This is an awesome story about forgiveness.
Not to mention the cliff hanger! I can't wait till you post the next part.

I did notice a few things as I was reading though.
Firstly this; 'sense Daddy and I's last' I believe 'sense 'is spelled 'since', at least for the way it's used here it is. I've made this mistake many times,
I also think you should add a 'it' in between since and Daddy.
Lastly this one 'Her Mommy brought her inside, and made some hot chocolate for Ala,'
Try changing the last part of the sentence to 'and made some hot chocolate for her'

-Lady Mysterio.




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:35 pm
View Likes
shieldmaiden says...



Nooooo!!! Why did she walk away???? Why are you doing this to me!? Please post the next one soon!





By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
— Winston Churchill