Don't be afraid

by FireSpyGirl

Don’t be afraid

To be yourself,

The world may tell

You to change,

Don’t listen,

Be yourself.

~

Don’t be afraid

To show you care,

It’s okay to cry,

It’s okay to feel.

No matter what

The world says,

Don’t be afraid.

~

Let the world know

That you have

Something to say,

Shout it out,

Don’t be afraid.

~

Leave a mark,

A trace, a sign,

Tell the world

You were here,

Don’t be afraid.

~

You shouldn’t fear

The world,

It should respect you,

Don’t be afraid.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 pm
Horisun wrote a review...

Hi! It's Horisun, (And my brother) Here for a review!
This will be quick because honestly, this poem is really good! The only thing I feel could be changed is I wish you didn't separate certain sentances, it broke the flow of the whole thing. There wasn't much else I didn't like, you did a really good job, and this poem was very uplifting!
Keep writing, and enjoy doing it!

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 pm
JadeLotus says...

This is one of the best things I've read today. <3. I love the uplifting message!

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 pm
PoTatOe001 wrote a review...

It's okay to cry... It's okay to feel...
@FireSpyGirl, you have me in tears, again... Everything you have said is so true. I am struggling with the fact that sometimes my friends think I am unbreakable.... They say that I can't cry because I am perfect. I always have to have everything put together, and that's just not the way I want to be seen. I am human too. I shouldn't have to change anything about me to get the approval of the world. My heart is beautiful, and if they don't see that, it's their issue. You are a really great writer, and have again left me with my thoughts. Just be you... Because you are..... AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are imperfectly perfect and who you are meant to be. The right people WILL notice that. Great job on this piece. It is truely beautiful and inspiring. I have learned so much from you and I'm so glad we are friends. See ya around.
'Tato out. :D

FireSpyGirl says...

Thank you so much my friend!

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin