z

Young Writers Society



Fuel

by FireSpyGirl


The words you say,

They cut, they hurt, they burn. 

I swallow down my frustration, anger

And pain. 

I don't let you see the scars, the cuts.

I will not let you see the pain you cause me. 

The anger you cause

Fuels me. 

I live on it, 

Drink it,

Eat it. 

You anger me daily, 

I always have enough. 

It is the reason I get up in the morning

And make it through the day. 

For one reason only,

To show you that you are wrong

about who I am.

To force you to see that I am better 

Than you think. 

I remember every insult,

Every harsh sentence,

I remember them, 

In case you don't. 

And someday,

When you realize what you have done,

When you realize you were wrong, 

I will throw these words in your face,

And you will BURN!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 10
Reviews: 27

Donate
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:33 pm
View Likes
Luke14 wrote a review...



First, I really like the line, "I live on it, Drink it, Eat it." This is great imagery, saying that the pain that has been inflicted on you, can only make you stronger. Never weaker. And I can tell that this poem is fueled by that same firey, vengful passion. As if it were to relieve the stress this person has caused you. Now I don't know the full context, but this sounds like emotional abuse. And all I have to say is that if you are in any emotional abuse of any kind, you must get out. Regardless of the effect on the significant other. Save yourself first, then pick up the pieces. Otherwise there might not be anyone to do so. I can tell you angery, you should be. You want this person to have paid for what they have done. All I can say is, in the end they must learn their lesson. No matter what happens, that should be the primary outcome. It's so rare to find a poem like this, so fresh of the pain. But pain is pain, and whenever I see it, it's always my first action to stop it. Because if you see a dove with a broken wing, wouldn't you help it? If you ever need a someone to vent to, i'd be glad to be that person. No matter who the person is, I want to listen, I want to heal, if I can. Another 100%, you are a magnificent poet. Keep writing.




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 460
Reviews: 15

Donate
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:05 pm
WriterSister33 says...



Wow!!!

This was a very strong poem!

I don’t know What to say, But you are a wreally good writer!!





I am soon going to write a few poem myself:)




FireSpyGirl says...


Ohh cool! And thank you.



User avatar


Points: 20
Reviews: 4

Donate
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:00 am
View Likes
OldManJenkins wrote a review...



Poetry is a powerful, thoughtful, and effective way for one to express someone's emotions with paper and pen (or in this case keyboard and computer I guess). This poem encapsulates this theme perfectly. The emotions you express, your thoughts, your feelings; the reader can feel it with such a powerful subject and a just as powerful message. The language utilized is so realistic and your use of the comparison of fuel from the insults and emotional damage was awesome. The only thing I really have to say about this when it comes to criticism for this piece is the ending line. The all caps lettering kind of diminishes the tone of your poem. Throughout most of it, it seems very serious what with the correct punctuation, grammar and sentence structure, yet when you add the all caps sentence at the end, it sort of makes the tone completely shift. Overall, this is an awesome, emotional poem. Great job and keep on writing!




User avatar
616 Reviews


Points: 122417
Reviews: 616

Donate
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:54 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix wrote a review...



Wow this was a really good poem. I really like the name to it. It was really interesting, when i first saw the name I was really interested to no what this poem was about. And now that I've read it I can see why. I can see that you have put so much emotion into this peace of work. And in a way it's really true. I think that everyone who is having a hard time should read this poem, and I'm sure ti will make them feel better. I like it that some of the words rime and make the read easier. I like it that you have made the words in this poem so bold and full of meaning, it just makes it a lot better.
I couldn't find anything wrong with this poem, so that will be all from me. I hope you have a great day/night, and never stop writing.

Your friend
Shikora. :D




User avatar
64 Reviews


Points: 733
Reviews: 64

Donate
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 pm
View Likes
Aliceinhorrorland wrote a review...



Reviewing!!! :D Okay So I think your poem was really good and I “live on it.” Okay sorry XD that was a bad joke. Anyways, I can see that you obviously put a lot of meaning into this poem, which makes me instinctively enjoy it. I do think that the first few lines were a little choppy, or doesn’t “flow”, if that makes sense. Of course that’s just my opinion! If your poem looks good when you read it, and makes you feel, then you probably shouldn’t change it. I really like the second half of the poem I thought that it flowed a lot more easily there. And I can feel the anger in that half, and one day you will CONQUER THEM!!! Cause I believe in you, wooo! :) Loved the poem, you wrote it really nicely! And you should definitely write more like this because I’d love to read em’! Keep writing, cause it’s my “fuel!” (Okay I’ll stop.)




FireSpyGirl says...


:D. Nice job! I don't mind the jokes at all! I'm really glad you liked it, and I will work on the first part!




Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria