Headache (parody of "Eyelash")

by postmalone

Headache

is

unfortunately 

persisting 

Was at fair

Rubbed temples 

7 hour later 

Still there 

Rode rides 

Shook body 

No luck 

Will wait for calmness 

Ache will dissipate 

Dizzy spinning 

Send help 

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm
gxldencrxwns wrote a review...

Hello, screamingsloth. Gxldencrxwns here for a review!

When I saw the word "Eyelash" in the title, I knew I had to click on this. The same humor from the original lingers and as always, the famous send help at the end, amazing touch.

However, I would like to see a different formatting. I know it's a parody and the original was like this, but put your own touch to it! Be creativeeeeeeeee. Just like the other two reviewers before me, the typo on the 6th line. You already know what it is, so I won't point it out.

Well, that's the end of this review. Have a nice day/night, and keep writing!
~gxldencrxwns

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 am
DarshayataDeka wrote a review...

Hi! Thought I'd drop in for a quick reveiw.

This poem is so hilarious and unique. I've read 'Eyelash' and since its author herself has complimented your work, I guess there's no need for me to repeat the same praises with which you must be familiar by now. Like Sheyren, I, too noticed the typo in the 6th line. Other than that, the poem was absolutely flawless and it was a pleasure to read such a work. Using the box format instead of the traditional one, just like Sheyren had done, added to the quaint uniqueness of the poem. You were able to express your awkward situation and emotions so well. It was as if I was standing in front of you and witnessing the whole thing. Your amazing poem was a parody in the true sense and was an awesome tribute to Sheyren's literary exploits and talents. Keep up the good work!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm
sheysse wrote a review...

Hey there! Shey here for a review!

I think it's appropriate I review this. XD Obviously, this isn't meant to be a serious poem, but I'll offer my input anyway.

This is definitely a lot better than Eyelash. The formatting is a lot better. In mine, the three lines on the right were perfectly aligned, so it was pretty static and boring. Yours, however, had different spacing, making the words appear more scattered, almost like someone was rushing to write it while also being plagued by a severe headache. Curious; Did you have an actual headache while writing this?

A minor typo, I think you meant to write "7 hours later". I don't usually correct small grammatical errors, but in a poem with 15 lines, what else can I comment on? :P

Overall, great piece! It was hilarious! Keep up the great work!

~Shey~

postmalone says...

Yo Shey :D it was like 2 am when I wrote this. I had been at the fair with my cousins all day. We rode Zero Gravity which gave me a horrible headache/migraine. I rode Fireball next and that was a lot better than Zero Gravity. Anyways, I tried to make the spacing even like yours but like I said, it was early and I was so tired I kept editing after I posted to get it perfectly aligned but no such luck. Yesssssss I had a bad headache when I wrote this. (You could also check out my parody of Twenty One Pilot's "Migraine", which I changed to "Headache".) Thaaaaaank you for this awesome review :D it was for you, friend

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

postmalone says...

HOLY SLOTH I'M SORRY I HATE IT WHEN IT MESSES UP AND DOES THIS

sheysse says...

Lol it's fine xD

zaminami says...

ITS MULTIPLYING OH NO OH GOSH

SHEYREN ITS JUST LIKE YOU ON MY PARODY

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh