18+ Language Mature Content

Pushing Up Beautiful, Wilted Daisies

by postmalone

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

They don't know what it's like. They don't understand my struggles, my emotional state of mind, my faulty actions. It's all "point-a-finger-at-her" and trying to show me off  to a world that doesn't want me. No one wants an ugly face, a fat body, a not-so-healthy girl who has problems. They don't want another depressing emo to add to the shattering equivalent of the place we call "Earth" today. 

I am afraid of judgement. No, to be any more honest with you, I am terrified of it. I can't handle judgement heading my direction. I break down and cry, or I rebel and fight, or I give up again like a cracked Humpty Dumpty. Shit happens and it's not pretty. Ever.

I can go off the edge too. Hours upon hours in a day I will just sit down and make all this art. DIY crafts, cards, sketches, 3D work. On the opposite side of the matter I end up crying a hell of a lot in the day, whimpering my apology to God (yes I'm a Christian and I don't say this as fiction or humor). Two weeks ago, I had a huge OCD episode where I cleaned every little section of my room, minus my closet. Everything had to be in perfect order. There's no explanation for it, I guess. Just Bipolar Type II that hits me with extremes. 

I scare myself and I scare others. The thoughts that go through my mind are that of a maniac locked in an asylum or teen correctional facility. I'm crazy, I'm insane, and I'm not in control. Hell I don't think I ever was in control of anything before. 

Sleep is my fucking paradise. Middle fingers have become close friends. Swear words - well "sentence enhancers" - practically are family. When I sleep the monsters in my head have to sleep too. No one hurts me. No one bothers me. I always want to overdose on pills  for the best sleep yet to come.

I dream about dying butterflies, broken bottles, and stained pages from old diaries that have been ripped out. I dream of black clothes, black dyed hair, black accessories. I dream about finding the place they call "Wonderland", exploring oblivion that no one has mapped before, and marching in the Black Parade while MCR performs alongside me. I dream of crimson waterfalls on my pale skin, a trail of red droplets leading from the bathroom to my room, and of seeing blood so neatly lined up in three rows of each time the tool is put to corrective use. I dream about not existing anymore, what my coffin will look like: a beautiful suicide to me, and the flowers that will grow on top, further separating me from the bewitched society.

Look I can't do this anymore. I can't. It's too damn hard to be this perfectionist or Mommy's little angel or Daddy's girl. It's taking everything from me, I don't have access to a fucking gun or any kind of pills. I have tried so many times to strangle myself but had to fight myself and say not to. Death is an invitation for me. I'm not scared of death. I want to just fucking die already and I can't do this anymore I'm sorry guys I'm so so sorry for everything wrong I've done God you know my sins and I'm sorry please forgive me I can't I just can't  

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:22 am
Mea wrote a review...

Hey there.

So I know this was posted ages ago, and maybe you don't feel this way anymore, but I thought I'd say something anyway.

I'm Christian too, and I've felt that awful feeling of guilt, where you apologize to God over and over for what you're convinced isn't good enough about yourself. It's hard, I know it's so hard to drive out those thoughts, but here's what you have to remember: God loves you. End of discussion. Nothing you ever do or think or feel will change that. He loves you just the way you are. God would never want you to feel that way - Satan is trying to convince you you're worthless by putting these thoughts in your head, and it's simply not true.

I know you've probably heard that a million times, but that's because it's true. And He forgives you - if you're sorry, if you're genuinely striving to improve, then no matter how long it takes you to get there or how many times you screw up along the way, you're on the right path and he forgives you fully and unconditionally.

Also, you're not a failure. From the sound of it, you've just gotten dealt a pretty lousy set of cards by life, and you're trying to cope. I don't know what advice to give you because I don't know the details of your situation, but try to find someone you can talk to, whether that be a school counselor or some other adult.

Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk. Sorry if any of this was offensive or too personal.

Arouet wrote a review...

Hey there! Just finished your depression Poem(?) and I have a lot to say, but definitely not in the comment section. If you want to talk then you're gonna have to make a little effort and talk to me first.

"Swear words - well "sentence enhancers" - practically are family"
It would make the sentence a little more fluid if it were written as such, "Swear words- well 'sentence enhancers'- are practically family."

Listen, if you're still active or even still alive. Message me

postmalone says...

@Arouet still alive... Still active

Arouet says...

Cool

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn