Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Eco-terrorism makes the world beautiful again and I love it <3

by Willard

Blowing up dams and burning bridges,
laughing so hard until I soil my britches.

Spitting in the government's face
taking down all their waste.

Living on the river for oh-so-long,
eco-terrorism just turns me on.

Something inside me twists and turns.
My intestines and loins just burn.

The cold wind blows as hard as a fan.
When something falls, another thing stands.

Stupid jerkwads destroying the environment,
I destroy them for enjoyment.

I don't get many women, but I can care less.
Making dams and bridges explode is flawless.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:33 am

Alrighty then.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:19 am
Rurouni says...

Strangle loves, this made me smile. -just don't be a terrorist, k?-

*clicks like*

lostthought says...

[quote=Rurouni]Strangle loves[/quote]

Rurouni says...

That's what I call em!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:40 pm
PhoenixXander wrote a review...

Well, I like the overall meaning of this poem, in a way. I mean I love the environment, our beautiful Earth, but I wouldn't go as far as Eco-terrorism. I do all I can to help the Earth, volunteering and all that jazz.

I think you should add more specific examples of Eco-terrorism, you only give blowing up dams and burning bridges, and they're both in the same line. Those are also pretty minor compared to what other horrible stuff Eco-terrorists could try to undo. You could also use examples like picking up liter, and doing volunteering, which may be more of just Eco-friendly, but it may be more relatable. Either way you go, you need to add more details. (:

Keep up the good work!

- Phoenix

Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:45 am
Burrow says...

So good!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 am
Blackwood wrote a review...

On behalf of Corporate-Metropolitian Industries Incorporated Limited. , I am here to review this piece of terrorist activity. If I was you I would watch our for Americans because them and their government and FBI things are going to be all over you for mentioning terrorism so you best barricade your doors or else play innocent.

As for this, I feel the biggest flaw in your anti-anti-eco efforts are not enough examples. As an eco-terrorist, you have only given us two examples in this entire poem, which are damaging dams and damaging bridges. This seems like a feeble effort, especially as dams and bridges are one of lesser harmful constructions in comparison with many factories and generators, production plants, ect. In fact I'm not sure how bridges are damaging the environment. Either your cause is quite shallow or your examples are very limited. This piece would be much more interesting if you had more examples of types of things you would damage and how you would damage them. (I am also required to ask for time and location of your damaging plans.)

Your use of rhyming was more or less success. Two issues I had with flow was in the following lines.

I don't get much women, but I can care less.
Making dams and bridges explode is flawless..

I feel like your final line was weak. First, you rhymed less with less which is less than ideal, and secondly, you say making things damaged is 'flawless' a strange word to use here to describe something. You seem to be both contradicting yourself as well as that word not quite fitting into context. I feel flawless was used for the take of not being able to find a better rhyme.

Yours sincerely, Executive Master CEO Boss President Company-Officer of CMI Inc Lmtd

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:07 am
TommySneak says...

This poem speaks to me on a disgusting multitude of levels. Excellent wordsmithery.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:02 am
swim380 says...

I love this poem its a very well made poem. Its also very enjoyable to read. its funny and about saving the environment what's not to like?

"I don't get much women" much should have been many but other than that this poem is funny, perfect, and awesome for making fun of the government :D

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare