Rebellion Of The Clueless

by Willard

"Rebellion",
I scream as I squat.
I give my action,
No previous thought.

My parents are yelling

at me,
"Stop being a clown!"
I shake my head,
As I pull my pants down.

I make a loud groan,
Disgruntled and deep.
They are staring at me,
Like I'm some sort of freak.

I don't do this often,
But they make me so mad.
Just because I sneaked out,
Doesn't mean I did something bad.

I'm the disrespectful one?
That's what they think.
Hence why I'm pooping,
In their kitchen sink.

Jared wrote a review...

This was hilarious. I can hardly give this much criticism, except that it is a tad bit odd before you get to the end.

I'm pretty sure (or I hope) no one can relate to this. If they can, they probably need to stop pooping in the sink.

I think the funniest thing about this poem is that this is exactly the kind of reaction many teenagers (such as myself) have when they're angry. We're just so angry, we don't even know what we mean to do next. Then, we end up doing something really stupid. It's classic.

Best part:

I'm the disrespectful one?
That's what they think.
Hence why I'm pooping,
In their kitchen sink.

xXBRODYXx wrote a review...

xXBRODYXx here. And I wanted to tell you how funny I think this so historical. I was in class while reading this and laughed so hard I got a detention for interrupting class. But it was well with it honestly. This poem is odd at first but I think that it is an amazing poem, exspecially after reading some of the sadder poems on here really brightened up my day :D

JohnLocke1 says...

Hello, my friend.

First, I think there is a severe lack of humor on the site. I adore satire in all of its form, finding it a worth while art form. I thoroughly enjoyed your poem.

Willard says...

Thanks

Dracula wrote a review...

This is hilarious yet something that I think everyone can relate to in some way.
I think it'd be perfect if you shortened the 'Doesn't mean I did...' line slightly. Apart from that, it flows excellently.
I'm curious as to why you've put it in Historical Fiction; did you poop in your parents sink?
Great poem!

MusicManda7 says...

I wasn't expecting this when I clicked on the poem! It's really funny, and the ideas flow well together. I like the idea of a teenager pooping in their parents sink as a sign of rebellion just because it is really funny and most people wouldn't do it. I like the character of the poem. Very unique.

Brana123 says...

I honestly have never once thought that anyone, and I mean anyone, could make something like pooping in someone's sink so poetic. I am so going to subscribe to your account because I would love hear something like this again.

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara