Home » Literary works » Poetry » Other

The Heart

by EverLight

The heart they say is young,
Younger than the youngest child.
The heart they say is deep
Deeper than the deepest sea
The heart I’m told
Is tender and beautiful
Yet hard and ugly
Locked away in a chest,
Or exposed in the open.
The heart
Shadowed in chaos, brightened in hope
The heart
Still in the rain, alive in the sun
The heart
Lost in the seas of regret, found on the shores of forgiveness
The heart
Her blood, the blood of all humanity.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 pm
Honora wrote a review...

Hey EverLight! So I’m not going to be able to give you any advice or anything because I know nothing about poetry but I’ll give you my thoughts on it! :D

I really like the moral of this piece. I’m not sure if what I got out of it is what you meant or not but it is really good! I find it uplifting and realistic at the same time. Which is hard to come by because reality is rarely uplifting.

I also really liked the format as amara_rae_15 pointed out. It really just grabbed my attention that this is about THE HEART! Very well done :D

Your friend,
Honora <3

EverLight says...

Thank you.

EverLight says...

I've worked on my poetry for a long, long time, and I can say, I'm a better poet then novelist! XD.
Poetry is just easier to write, and takes less time to edit.

Honora says...

It%u2019s really good! :D

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 pm
Raelyn wrote a review...

Ever light this poem is very, there are a lot of poems about hearts out here but your is new and original. I love how builds and each line relates to the one before. This really makes it flow very nice. One question I have is why you chose to format these lines:
The heart
Shadowed in chaos, brightened in hope
The heart
Still in the rain, alive in the sun
The heart
The heart
Her blood, the blood of all humanity

With heart on its on line. It really grabbed my attention and is an interesting choice in format. Your poem will creates rich imagery I especially noted this in this line: Lost in the seas of regret, found on the shores of forgiveness. Really nice job. You poem is sweet and short and I liked that a lot. Keep up the good work.

EverLight says...

Thank you.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche