Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

From Anonymous

by EverLight

I noticed you today, and can I admit?

I fell head over heels, literally and figuratively

I have never met anyone like you in my entire life

You're so charming, fun, and I can't believe I'm saying this-perfect.

I can't get you out of my mind. 

You're stuck in my brain, and I'm hopelessly embarrassed.

God, no wonder they call it a crush-when x loves y, the others crush you with humiliation.

But I can't help myself, you are just so...No! I'm not going to say it!....perfect.

When I think of you the butterflies just fly everywhere, as though their trying to escape. 

Can I admit? I've never felt like this before-Like I'm soaring in the great blue sky...

Stop it. This is not a big deal. This is not a mushy letter. And I don't have a crush on you.

Okay, ...I might have just a small one. I mean, it's not as if your the most handsome...

Okay, okay, okay, I admit it-I have a large crush on you...wait did I just write that?!

From Anonymous

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 am
itsmejr says...

First off really cute poem. It's so relatable I can't even.
The enthusiasm and nervousness of the sender is so prevalent, feel like they are really young and haven't had a crush yet. But that's just my interpretation.

In terms of style, I didn't really like it as a poem. Just because of the way it flowed rhythmically and the way its written, almost frantically. I feel like it would have been better written as an actual letter, so it could develop from more than a note.

Again this is just me. I am in no way a professional, but I feel like this could develop into more.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 am
itsmejr wrote a review...

EverLight says...

Thank you. And correction-the sender hasn't had a crush until now.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:10 pm
DariaTheGirlWhoLovesPizza wrote a review...

Hi. Here to review~

First off, this poem is actually so fricken relateable. I have a crush on this dude, and ofc I would never admit that out loud lol. And I always tell myself “pfft I do NOT have a crush on him-“ Tho that’s mostly bc he doesn’t know I exist 😬 In total, we have talked once 😄 I literally have 3 more quarters in school to talk to him so wish me luck

ANYWAYS. I don’t really have any critiques of this poem. Cuz if you changed anything I think the funny factor would be taken out. So yeah I like this poem, and it’s humor.

Anyways I gtg now! But overall loved dis poem 🤠

-Daria

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:35 pm
the_orange_potato wrote a review...

Hi!

This was a funny poem. It feels like the narrator wasn't really thinking through what they'd say in this letter to their crush, which is true to real life.
This was extremely enjoyable. It makes for a short and wonderful poem.Also the thoughts that are on the page are great! Keep it up!

- The Orange Potato

EverLight says...

Thank you for your review!
I had a lot of fun writing it, that's for sure.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:25 pm
F0xTr0t wrote a review...

i really liked the way this has been written, a poem kind of letter.

it's the perfect example of where we're all been at some point in life.

The use of the word perfect it's like you don't want to even plant that seed of hope but they way you're feeling you just need to, it's a heart over brain matter!

if this was written about a real person, you should send it! take the leap!

Keep up the good work!

EverLight says...

No, this wasn't written about a real person. Those days are over for me.

EverLight says...

Oh, and don't forget to hit that like button.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:30 pm
WinnyWriter wrote a review...

Hey! I like the concept of this work you've written! We probably all have to admit we've done this before. Lol :) It is us very relatable. One thing that I really like is how you've shown us the processes that often go on in our brains when we couldn't necessarily spell it out step by step when we are in such a situation. It's also well-written.

For constructive criticism, I'd say watch the places where you have a dash between words. I usually like to put a space, then the dash, then another space, just so it's not all scrunched together. Otherwise it looks like a hyphenated word.

Well, good job! Keep writing interesting stuff! :)

EverLight says...

Thanks.

EverLight says...

That means a lot to me. I was laughing aloud the whole time I was writing this. It just tickled my funny bone all over. I guess you could tell...not that I've never been in love like that of course, I just realized how silly it actually is, looking back from the perspective of an experienced, 19 year old.

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data