z

Young Writers Society



Symphonies

by postmalone


He sends symphonies to replace the sad music in my veins.

He sends butterflies to patch up bleeding cuts of pain. 

He sends me daydreams to chase away all the bad parts of me.

He sends me closure to make me scream his name in my ecstasy.

He sends his smile along my way just to make me swoon.

He sends me himself in every dream under the shining moon.

He sends his gentle blue eyes to connect with my bruised soul.

He sends his compassion to encase me and make me whole.

He sends out his hand to mine, making sure I'm alright.

He sends me his worrisome care to chase away my fright.

He sends me all these little hints that we're still getting close.

He sends me just the thought of him since I need that the most.

He sends out his hot body and his smoldering gaze.

He sends me happiness to lift me from a depressing haze.

He sends me the sun when I can't see past the clouds.

He sends the stars of the galaxy with internal vows.

He sends me just the image of his beautiful self to dwell.

He sends me symphonies of love as he caught me when I fell.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
279 Reviews


Points: 25891
Reviews: 279

Donate
Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:05 pm
Steggy wrote a review...



Hello, Steggy here for a review!

I love poems about love or anything to deal with romance. This poem shows some form of love from a perspective of someone with a lover. Though I like this poem, I think there are some room for improvement. One thing I like to suggest would be the total theme of this poem seems a bit cliche. But that is how love is. Sticky and cliche. Then again, you can explain the feeling of love through different symbolism or metaphors. You can do whatever you must to describe your feeling towards this certain person. An example you could possibly correct this, would be trying to get rid of the repetition in the beginning (the "he sends"). It seems a bit chunky with this and a little boring.
Perhaps, as I said before, using different emotions towards your love for him or vise versa.
Another small suggestion I have for you would be read this poem aloud. I like the rhyming scheme you have (as it seems this is a lyrical poem rather than a poem).

He sends out his hot body and his smoldering gaze.


I feel "sends" wouldn't be the correct verb to use here; maybe "gives out" because sends makes it seems like he is literally sending his body through the mail or something. Speaking of this, I think it would be best if you different verbs throughout this poem.

Overall, this was a nice poem. I enjoyed the rhyming and the emotion I got from it. If you have any questions, let me know!

Steggy




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 73
Reviews: 16

Donate
Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:10 am
ThePhantomPrince wrote a review...



Okay, well to start off, let's discuss what's good about it. First of all all of your lines have between 13 to 15 syllables which gives the entire piece a very nice flow. Still you could further improve this my matching lines that rhyme a little closer. For instance the first line has 15 syllables, and the second has 13, but if you put "the pain" it would add an extra and flow just a little better. While I like the first and last lines coming back together, the last line changes tenses which throws me for a loop. He sends being present tense, and caught me being past tense. All in all its a good piece.




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 388
Reviews: 9

Donate
Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:20 am
serendipitous says...



If you really have a guy like him! Dayuuum you're lucky :)




postmalone says...


@serendipitous haha, I "almost" have a guy who's exactly like that :D




Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton