z

Young Writers Society



Blood Bath: Directed By Michael Bay

by Willard


This is my entry for the first ever YWS Hunger Games. Our prompt was to write about what we would use to advance in the Hunger Games. I, of course, had WAY too much fun with this. At first, I wasn't going to publish it, but I love it so much.

We all have a different key to survival. In the Hunger Games, one’s goal is to not die, otherwise you won’t survive. What does one need to survive? A food genie, a foot long rope, an invisibility cloak? For me, I need none of those. First of all, food genies don’t even exist. What will you do with a rope a foot long? Hang yourself? No one can turn invisible, unless your name is Harry Potter. I even heard that you can have a dog. Only way I would use a dog is for it to maul the other tributes. Apparently, it can detect poison. Some poison doesn’t even smell!

That’s why a pep talk from my favorite celebrity will help me win. Now, this celebrity needs to be a good pep talker. That’s why Rob Schneider isn’t an option, as he’ll only scream “YOU CAN DO IT!” He’s the reason why Adam Sandler is no longer funny. Not only can they talk, but they need to be my favorite celebrity. Helen Keller can’t talk, so she’s out. Who is my second favorite celebrity?

Michael “Explosion Man” Bay.

Michael Bay giving me advice will be the reason to my survival. Everything he says, I will take it to my grave. If I do survive, I’ll use it after, even in a supermarket. Soccer mom takes the last shredded cheddar cheese; I’ll hold a homemade knife to her throat. The smartest man in the world giving me advice to win, can’t top that. What will he tell me?

“Each tree around here is hollowed out and filled with 5,000 pounds of dynamite!” He’ll say, with his blonde hair covering his left eye. His smirk stretches up his face, if that is physically possible. Who cares, it’s Michael Bay.

“Don’t they….how is that…. even possible?” I’ll respond to his first portion of advice. Michael will stare at me with a straight face, then shrugs.

“In the northwest corner right by the machines that spew out poison, there is a huge X. Dig on the X, and you will find Optimus Prime ready for duty,” he adds,” start him up and attack the other tributes while setting the dynamite on fire! Doing this won’t just only help you survive but will help you defeat the Decepticons and escape the rock!”

I take the advice and run to the northwest corner. With a piece of wood shaped like a spoon, I’ll dig up the X spot. Once I find Optimus Prime, I’ll start him up. We go around the dome and set all the dynamite on fire, where only him and I were victors.

We were the victors, until I woke up.

“Son, wake up!” Michael Bay is over me. I wake up, and then I stand up. “You passed out right after you saw me at the Cornucopia.”

“What was the advice you gave me?” I ask.

“Do every impossible thing that you can in an illogical fashion. Their pain, your gain. I’m Michael Coppola, Armageddon is underrated!” He slaps me in the face.

I run straight into the forest and gather rocks. I take off my sock and will fill it up with about 16 rocks. I then will hobble around the forest until I somehow feel the presence of another wearing an invisibility cloak. With perfect aim, I spin and hammer throw the sock at the person, making them combust but leaving the cloak perfectly untouched.

I take the cloak and chase down the others. With miraculous power and being extremely lucky, I will somehow overpower the others. Whether it’s having to choke out a dog, survive laxatives someone wished for from their food genie, or having seven trees falling on a single person with a rope. I survive and start exiting the arena.

When I hit the northwest corner, I will fall into a hole. I will cry and cry for help. The hole is empty, so I’m left there for three hours. Suddenly, a tall figure stands over me.

“Where is Megatron?”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
130 Reviews


Points: 2109
Reviews: 130

Donate
Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 pm
ScarletDreams14 wrote a review...



Hi there! Scarlet here too review.

This was actually decently funny, I laughed at a few parts. Not disappointing, it was well worth the read and I'm glad I decided to read it!
There we're no punctual or grammar mistakes, and it was really funny I enjoyed reading it.
There's not really any advice I can give to you due to it's already a piece of art on it's own.

I'd read more, and in the future I most-likely will. Though I figured it could've used a little more too it the ending kinda was probably the worst cliffhanger I've ever read. So cruel to end it like that.

Otherwise I really liked it. Keep up the good work,

I still find Adam Sandler the funniest guy on television.

Thumbs Up!
Image


Sincerely, @ScarletDreams14; Member of Salsa Verde

Writer, Artist, Student and Reader




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 184
Reviews: 93

Donate
Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:24 am
Sylar wrote a review...



Hello, icannothearthings here for a short review!

This is like MY FAVORITE THING EVER! This is so funny! Still, I have a few small nitpicks for you to take care of.

"“Don’t they….how is that…. even possible?” I’ll respond to his first portion of advice. Michael will stare at me with a straight face, then shrugs." This doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it be "“Don’t they….how is that…. even possible?” I’ll respond to his first portion of advice. Michael will stare at me with a straight face, then he'll shrug."

"he adds,” start him up and attack the other tributes . . ." there's an extra space between the " and "start", just to day :|

Really, aside from that, I loved this! It was so funny, clever, and well-written! I thought you did a great job intertwining Michael Bay references and the Hunger Games themselves.

I've been seeing lots of the YWS Hunger Games stuff popping up, and this is by far the best. Good job!

Alex out!




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 am
IrumZahra says...



Best line: who cares, it’s Michael Bay.
This is epic.




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 am
Iggy wrote a review...



HELLO. I love Hunger Games and I am here to review. 8D

Some poison doesn’t even smell!


Some poisons don't even smell!* would make more sense.

Not only can they talk, but they need to be my favorite celebrity.


I find the first part of this sentence to be one of those "duh!" moments. Might be best if you take that out.

Helen Keller can’t talk, so she’s out.


She could, actually. In a fashion. I suggest revising this to where it states that she CAN talk, but not enough to get a long conversation going.

“Each tree around here is hollowed out and filled with 5,000 pounds of dynamite!” He’ll say


He'll should be he'll. Read why here.

We go around the dome and set all the dynamite on fire, where only him and I were victors.


I feel like you skipped a lot in this sentence. Back up and slow down. How does dynamite kill 23 tributes? And how does the main character not get hurt in any way? I'll elaborate on this further in a bit.

I wake up, and then I stand up.


No comma needed here.

With perfect aim, I spin and hammer throw the sock at the person, making them combust but leaving the cloak perfectly untouched.


Are the rocks explosive as well? If so, state that. So far, only the trees are explosive.



Okay, so these are my thoughts:

1. You jump tenses quite a lot. The only acceptable time for you to stray away from using present tense would've been when the main character had the conversation with Michael Bay. But then again, you weren't so clear on that part. Was Michael Bay actually in the arena or was the main character just imagining it? This needs to be cleared up.

2. I feel that you skipped quite a lot of details in this. What is the main character's name? What district is he or she from? How do they feel, once they've entered the arena? What is the arena? Is it a forest? A snow field? An abandoned city? How does he or she kill the tributes? We need more details like this if you want us to become enthralled with the story.

3. The ending was definitely not cool. WHAT HAPPENS?! Does he die? I don't understand. Don't leave us hanging with a cliffhanger like that, yo. We need a conclusion to sleep peacefully at night.

I do like the idea you went with this and the fact that you made this a crossover is even better. Transformers and Hunger Games <3 I am in heaven! I like how you described Michael Bay; trees filled with dynamite is exactly what I would've expected from this. I love it~

Hope this helped!

~Iggy




Willard says...


I literally gave no effort on this. I hate fan fiction and I do have the capability of writing, it's just I felt the need to write horrible and produce this




Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg