12+

My Sweet Symphony.

by Willard

Baby I love you, may we stay together.
Our love is true, and will last forever.
This is fate, why we're in love.
But it's slowly coming off, like a glove.
*Starts strumming the same note over and over violently*
You went out last night with that guy named Todd.
You weren't my love, you were just a fraud.
How was Sushi? You enjoy his company?
Only if you know what I see.
You're fake, like most girls.
We're not in your world.
Where you can sink so low.
Guys are gardening tools, but you're just a hoe.
I'm not done, but you wish.
What you did was stinky like a fish.
First, late night calls.
You're in the other room until the moon falls.
"Only if we can be together."
Lies on sale, and you're the seller.
I may suck at lyrics, but I know what's real.
You suck at other stuff, but that isn't the deal.
The deal is, you sunk so low.
I guess your feelings are for show.
I'm almost done, I'm hot as a heater.
One last thing to say, you're a filthy cheater.
*Smashes guitar aggressively and walks out with fist up."

The principle stands up with a confused face. He goes to the microphone and says hesitantly, "That, was the finishing act of this year's Middle School Talent Show."

MyersRockin says...

Myers is here with a review,
Honestly,i was rapping the lyrics and it was actually very good.Most of rappers satire on some girls and i think that your song would suit it.
" filthy little cheater"
This line was fabulous.You should've writen about her kissing that guy so that it may prove ironic to the readers. The ending was very good.It made a clear picture of everything you wanted to say so that's success for you.Well done

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:19 am
StealTheWorld wrote a review...

This was adorably funny :D I love the images you painted and the silly little rhymes. Especially "What you did was stinky like a fish."

The ending, oh my. Her exit was just FANTASTIC. I can definitely picture that vividly, and it makes this all the more enjoyable. I'd love to see this put into action someday. Like a film, perhaps?

Anyways, this was great. Hope to read more!

-DarkHeart

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 am
GreenTulip wrote a review...

Hi, GreenTulip here for a review. I am sure that you had something in mind when writing this. It rings with emotion high within it's words. You managed to paint a bright vivid scene into my mind with the words, and the emotions behind them.

Sooo, I traditionally would tell someone that they need to blah, blah, blah, and blah, but here is not the case. I would love to tell you on how somethings may be tweaked to make a better poem. Well I actually can't ifnd anything that would need be fixed, so congrats on that. I usually tell people that they need stanzas. but as this is a song, that doesn't need to apply.

I love the part at the end. I feel as though this poem is to explain a more in depth relationship than a simple middle school level one, though. That is my only concern. Be careful when explaining relationships that you put it with the same age range.

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote