z

Young Writers Society


12+

Chapter 32: Ursa Major

by artemis15sc


This book is no longer available for viewing here because it has been published! Click the link below to check it out!

E-book:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/sara-e-tall/alpha-misfits...

Paperback:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/sara-e-tall/alpha-misfits...


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
767 Reviews


Points: 26330
Reviews: 767

Donate
Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 am
SpiritedWolfe says...



Sorry for the repeat. There was a glitch.




User avatar
767 Reviews


Points: 26330
Reviews: 767

Donate
Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 am
SpiritedWolfe wrote a review...



Hello, Artemis! Wolf here for a review.

I love Arthur so much right now. Of course, I'm all for the romance, not just because it's adorable, but because it's just amazing. It feels right. Not too forced and the complicated relationship between them is all the better. I can totally empathize with Billie on this one xD

Once again, I don't have much else to say critique wise. Just taking a step backing and looking over your entire novel, I can tell Billie has really grown a lot. I think a while ago I mentioned Billie showing some maturity in resisting Artemis, and she's grown so much. Watching her journey has been really interesting to me.

And, unless my tired brain just can't pick up on this, the flow has improved tons as well. Granted I haven't seen another action packed scene quite yet, but overall it has improved drastically. That's what we're here for right? To help you improve and draw attention to the improvement?

Anyway, back to the chapter, I'm loving Artermis' reaction, but I wonder how she was there? How in the world did she know to go there, of all places and of all times (cause midnight isn't practical to be eavesdropping or spying on someone.) I'm sure you have a reason, but this concerns me. She be evil, man. Before I go and ramble any more, I will conclude with congratulating you in having me start to identify with Billie. It's quite the accomplishment. Anywho. Onward! Happy Review Day and Keep Writing,
~Wolfare~




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 184
Reviews: 93

Donate
Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:39 am
Sylar wrote a review...



Hello @artemis15sc ! It's @Sylar from the Earth Benders here to review your story!

Now I haven't actually read your other 31 chapters, so I'm sorry if my review doesn't mean as much :) (Hopefully it will be sufficient!) Anyways, let's get in to your chapter.

Overall, I thought this was a really cool chapter of what I bet is a really cool story! I have a few nitpicks:

He makes me stop every time one of them so much as wobbles, which they seem to be doing more and more as my head ache gets more and more intense.
This sentence is ind of a run on, and it didn't make much sense to me.

Who knew you could even get a head ache form from magic?
What does this mean?

“But if you really want a break.” His hands move to my waist. “I guess we can find something else to do.”
Shouldn't there be a comma at the end of the first piece of dialogue instead of a period?

“Well, we could, you know…’ I let my own sentence trail off, but he shakes his head.
The apostrophe at the end of the dialogue should be a quotation mark.

They say we come from the god’sas well.
There should be a space between "god's" and "as."

Maybe we’reall just part of a game, and once we’ve played our part we’re cast off and pray that some god will save us in a whim of mercy.
There should be a space between "we're" and "all."

Lucian said he didn’t believe in the gods, though her clearly believes in something, some higher power.
Her? Do you mean he?

Aside from that, I thought this was a great chapter! You had very nice and concise language/word choice, and your plot was interesting and made sense. At some point I'll have to go back and read the other chapters!

Very nice job @artemis15sc and Happy Review Day!




User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 1001
Reviews: 47

Donate
Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 am
LemisaLeaZeor says...



I wasn't quite sure how to review this, since it's so great!!
So romantic!! (I'm trying hard not to fangirl). And I'm definitely sure there'll be a plot twist somewhere in Billie and Lucian's relationship. :)





For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn