Final Page...

by myjaspercat

...Death came from the left, in the form of a silent whisper. He didn’t see the other vehicle run the red light. He didn’t know she never had her seat belt on, or that the last thing she imagined was the smile of a forgotten face. The last thing he saw was the flash of iridescent yellow; he heard the screech of tires on pavement as one-by-one they locked. And as he felt every bone in his body shatter he used his last glimpse of reality, and looked at her, drew in every one of her features, and admired her beauty for the last time.Then with his last breath, he whispered “Thank you.” 

_*_*_*_*_*_

O Dalaigh pulled himself up, holding a hand against the wound in his side He was tired, his head fuzzy from the loss of the blood; but it was over. It was finally over. shuffling the few feet towards the other mangled cab of metal, O Dalaigh reached for his piece before he realized it was no longer there. He had lost it earlier that day in the warehouse. But it didn't matter anymore, at this point he could see Brant. His body wrapped around the steering wheel. Besides him sat a young girl, head burrowed in the half-inflated airbag. 

O Dalaigh reached towards her, hopping that by any miracle she was still alive. His hopping was pointless. Stumbling, O Dalaigh made his was way back towards the other car, looking for his phone. He spot it lying half hidden under some foliage five feet from the car. Picking it up he made the call that would put all this behind him.

This is detective O Dalaigh, we have an 11-80 off Unser and Paseo del Volcan, coroner required. Our case is finally closed Auda. Finally closed.

So I took an ending I already wrote and changed it a bit and added it to this. This is the first draft of what will be the ultimate ending to a novel I am currently working on. What do you all think? Would you read the novel based on the ending?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:28 am

First Impression: Soo...this is a big first for me...xD...I don't think I would have ever expected to run into the ending of a novel being posted before anything else...but hmm....well it sounded really interesting so here I took a look at it, and it looks like either a sad or bittersweet one judging by how this is going here.

...Death came from the left, in the form of a silent whisper. He didn’t see the other vehicle run the red light. He didn’t know she never had her seat belt on, or that the last thing she imagined was the smile of a forgotten face. The last thing he saw was the flash of iridescent yellow; he heard the screech of tires on pavement as one-by-one they locked. And as he felt every bone in his body shatter he used his last glimpse of reality, and looked at her, drew in every one of her features, and admired her beauty for the last time.Then with his last breath, he whispered “Thank you.”

Hmm...well this is a big first, reading the last page of something before everything...but hmm...assuming this moment here where this woman is sweeping in from nowhere to knock this other person in the vehicle and kill him is somehow significant to the plot, I feel like this could be an awesome beginning to an end...that thank you especially seems to have a lot happening behind it, its almost like he wants it to happen somehow...well...certainly very interesting to see how this kind of death is a satisfying end to this man's life.

Okay...I assuming this is another person in the same car, well him saying everything is over is definitely what you'd expect in a last page, hmm...and there's some mysterious piece, okay..that's very interesting...looks like there's potentially gonna be something like that in the story...and of course dead people, including a young girl, at this point its hard to tell if this is somehow a happy ending or not...with the death of a young girl, I'm inclined to think its one of the sadder ones.

Hmm...well...mystery novel I see...well...those are cool, and now it looks like despite all odds and with all these deaths apparently everything is solved in the end judging by that...and well that seems like it would be pretty satisfying as far as endings go....and it might just be one of those bittersweet ones. The hoping for the girl to be alive and turning out she's dead is probably not a very happy sign, I feel like that might be someone we care about if we read the story...but hmm...certainly an interesting ending this one.

Overall: Overall, based on this...I think I may read the novel, or may not...its looks to be pretty sad there, especially if the dead folks are people we're supposed to know and care about, and I generally don't like sad endings like this, especially on long novels, so I personally would probably not read it, but it looks like one of those scenes where all the pieces fall into place, and everything is solved finally...and basically that whispered thank you especially appears to be one of those satisfying case solving scenes perhaps and that would certainly be something I'm up for reading...soo...yeah I'm undecided on this one...xD

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:06 am
felistia wrote a review...

Hi, Felistia here with a review for you on this wonderful day. :D

Overall thoughts

Chapter plot: Okay so below you said that this wasn't the whole chapter, yes? So I'm just going to talk about what I read. From the looks of it this was a detective story and that he's just closed the case. I'm not sure it this was because he caught the bad guys or something else since I don't really know the whole story. However you're writing was really captivating and I would defiantly read this if you decided to write and post it. :D

Characters: I'm presuming that we had three very important characters her. I only know the names of two; O Daliagh and Brant. The young girl I'm presuming was either Brant's hostage, wife or daughter, but then again I have know idea if I'm right. I wasn't what you'd call heart broken here, but you did convey the feeling of sadness in your writing which leads me to believe that if I'd read this from the beginning that I'd probably be heartbroken right now.

Description: Your description was also really good. As @JuliasSneezer said, the first sentence was a crazy good sentence and demanded the readers attention. You knew how to draw out the suspense so that it was like time slowed down. You included all the details of a car crash and the character last moments wonderfully. :D

Overall this was a great chapter and I do hope that you'll end up posting the book on the site. Never stop writing and I hope you have a great day\night. :D

Your friend, Felistia. :D

This review courtesy of Image

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:57 pm
JuliasSneezer wrote a review...

Good day, Cups here to stop, and drop an interview!

That opening was a crazy good sentence, but it was a pretty confusing way to start a chapter. I'm gathering by this that he was hit by a car. Cars aren't exactly silent, you know? This wasn't exactly inspiring tears, but then again, I don't even know your characters. I'm sure that once I fall head-over-heels in love with them, I'll be bawling like a baby. :D

Now, with O'Daleigh, make sure to put an apostrophe after the "O". From what he did, we can guess parts of his personality. For instance, he's a fighter. We also know that he was caring, as he hopped all the way over to the stranger(?) to see if she was okay. You may, however, want to mention where the wound is, if you hadn't earlier.

I think that perhaps you may want to put what he says between quotes. That's all! Awesome chapter!

myjaspercat says...

thank you and I didn't intend for this to be the whole chapter, its more like the final paragraphs of an entire story.

Oh! Well, if you ever upload it, it sounds like an interesting read! Please do make sure to lemme' know if you ever upload it!

myjaspercat says...

of course, I plan to, it just helps for me to start from the end if that makes sense

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.