For Fortis

by Vervain

-text removed-

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 am
Rook says...

Wow. How did this pop up again? I kind of completely forgot this existed hehe
It almost feels like /I'm/ in the literary spotlight :')

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:25 am
Poopsie says...

can I do this.

Poopsie says...

I did this

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:31 am
Hattable says...

Is this for @fortis? o:

Vervain says...

yep.

Hattable says...

... i didn't read it

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:31 am
SummerSunshine says...

Something really funny, is that in band class we're playing a song called Fortis.

90skids wrote a review...

First things first, I respect you enormously for even attempting a sonnet; I usually write one line before giving up.
I like the message which is, I think, about being brave. Forgive me if I'm completely and utterly wrong. I think that it makes a nice change to reading endless love sonnets about some guy/girl someone happens to be in love with.
I admit that, with some sonnets, I have absolutely no clue what in the world the poets waffling on about but, with this sonnet, what you were trying to say was quite clear.
Good luck with your future poetry and keep writing sonnets. You really do seem to have a gift with words.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:44 am
reids26 says...

And I say hooray to literature made real and done with crafting artistry.
You soo good man.
I love this. Keep doing stuffs like this.
Very sensible. This is a true creation. Very structured and a bit complex. Shoul I believe now that true artists are also in here.
Thums up :)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:43 am
reids26 says...

You soo good man.
Thums up :)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am
reids26 says...

You soo good man.
Thums up :)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 am
Poopsie says...

horray for iambic pentameter o3o

good work by the way

methrirr123 says...

IAMBIC PENTAMETER.

Hai. I love you. Thank you for this.

Vervain says...

Haha. Can't do a Shakespearean sonnet without it, right?

theironnovelist says...

This is very beautifully written. Sonnets are always pretty deep; is there a specific reason you write this? :) It's lovely and I really like the wording. You should write more of these. I'll be reading them!

Vervain says...

I actually did write this for fortis - she's a user on here, and a very wonderful person. We were talking in chat, and I mentioned how I needed to write today, and she said something along the lines of "you should write a sonnet for me", so I did :P

All else given, though, I know that everyone has their bad days, and 'fortis' means 'strength' - ie, fortitude - so, you know. -shrugs- This happened.

Kelpies wrote a review...

Hello ancientforever!

I remember you talking about this in the chatroom! I didn't know you actually did it, or that you could type that fast XD! Like many sonnets, I have almost no idea what it means, though unlike most sonnets I can make sense of about half the lines. I can't tell you which part was my favorite, they all are my favorite! I may read more.

~Kelpies.

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk