Storybook Badges & Challenges

2487 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2487
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hello good people of Storybook town!

Today I come to you with some very exciting news - we have added 12 Storybook badges for you to earn!

What do these badges look like?

Well they're shiny of course and badge-y and they look like these:
Spoiler! :
Paper shield test.png
Paper shield test.png (25.93 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Lead shield.png
Lead shield.png (25.77 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Copper shield.png
Copper shield.png (29.53 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Bronze shield.png
Bronze shield.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Peridot shield.png
Peridot shield.png (24.13 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Amethyst shield.png
Amethyst shield.png (27.64 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Aquamarine shield.png
Aquamarine shield.png (29.87 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Silver shield.png
Silver shield.png (15.79 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Sapphire shield.png
Sapphire shield.png (27.85 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Ruby shield.png
Ruby shield.png (20.1 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Emerald shield.png
Emerald shield.png (28 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Gold shield.png
Gold shield.png (17.5 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

Oooh shiny! How do I get one?
Spoiler! :
If you want a badge, you need to be given a storybook challenge which you can then complete to earn a number of adventurer credits. These challenges will be issued by storybook owners or participants to revive or encourage movement in a storybook.

For example, I might challenge someone in my storybook to have their character reveal a secret to character x within three posts. I would do this by posting in this thread and tagging the challenged adventurer. They would then gain 1-3 credits upon successful completion.

Who can issue a challenge?
Spoiler! :
Anyone who is the storybook owner or has a Novice rank or higher and is participating in the storybook may issue a challenge.

What must a challenge require?
Spoiler! :
To be a valid challenge it needs to require the challenged adventurer to make at least one additional post in the storybook and it can offer no more than 6 adventurer credits as a reward. Occasionally there will be official challenges issued which will allow more credits to be earned for a single challenge.

I've got enough adventurer credits for a badge... how do I claim it?
Spoiler! :
Simply make a post in this thread and a moderator will be along to verify your credits and award you with the badge.

Who gives out the points? Can I use them for anything else and can they be obtained by anything other than these Challenges? -Inpsired by DreamingForever
Spoiler! :
The Storybook Crew gives out the points once either you say in this thread that you've finished a challenge or we see that you have. And, these points are just for this challenge! They're made up and the only other way the SB Crew will award points will be through Captain's Challenges, Storybook Workshops, or other events!

Challenge Instructions

Please use the following form when issuing a challenge:
Code: Select all
[b]Challenged Adventurer(s):[/b] @UserName
[b]Storybook:[/b]
[b]The Challenge:[/b]
[b]Completion Time:[/b] (in posts)
[b]Credits Awarded:[/b]

Challenges expire after 30 days and will be removed from this thread after that time. Posts for claiming badges will also be deleted after the badge has been awarded in order to keep this thread tidy.

Spoiler! :
~Credits awarded so far~

Gold shield.png
Gold shield.png (17.5 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

AstralHunter: 132 (Captain's Challenge: February 2015, March 2015, April 2015, May 2015, September 2015, October 2015, January 2016, March 2016, July 2016, October 2016, November 2016, December 2016, January 2017, March 2017) (SB Workshop: March 2015) (The Cinereal Wolf Pack) (The Wilderness of Machafuko (Chaos)) (C.A.M.P.) (The Maze of the Guilds) (Glory Online) (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus) (Revenant Rising) (The Halloween Adventures) (Mana) (The Witnesses) (Clue: Heathermire Hall) (New Year's Revolutions) (Pokébook VI: World Tour)

Emerald shield.png
Emerald shield.png (28 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

Ruby shield.png
Ruby shield.png (20.1 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

Sapphire shield.png
Sapphire shield.png (27.85 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

Dino: 83 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, December 2015, January 2016, February 2016, March 2016, April 2016, October 2016, November 2016, December 2016, January 2017) (The Maze of the Guilds) (With Regards, Repoor) (Jurassic Paradise) (Billionaire's Curse) (The Choices That Made Us) (Staged) (Clue: Heathermire Hall) (New Year's Revolutions) (Ashfall 2.0)
TheSilverFox: 79 (Captain's Challenge: January 2016, June 2016, July 2016, October 2016, November 2016, December 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017) (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus) (Jurassic Paradise) (Shattered Moons) (Mana) (New Year's Revolutions) (Pokébook VI: World Tour) (V)x2 (The Calm After The Storm - Mana)
Rydia: 72 (Captain's Challenge: April 2015, January 2016, March 2016, October 2016, November 2016, January 2017, April 2017, June 2017) (Crew Challenge: February 2017) (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus) (Staged) (Oceanside Academy for the Eccentric) (Mana) (Sailing the Neath) (New Year's Revolutions) (Ashfall 2.0) (Darkling Infestation) (The Witches' Switches)
Sheyren: 70 (Captain's Challenge: July 2016, January 2017, March 2017, April 2017, May 2017, June 2017) (Lightning Challenge: May 2017) (The Lord of Chimes) (Gateway) (Pokébook VI: World Tour) (V) (Fools!) (Fireheart) (Mana) (Sky Full of Æther) (Sea of Seven) (Rogue)

Wolfical: 66 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2016, February 2016, October 2016, November 2016, December 2016, January 2017, February 2017, April 2017, May 2017, June 2017) (Lightning Challenge: May 2017) (Jurassic Paradise) (Darkling Infestation) (The Witches' Switches) (Clue: Heathermire Hall) (Sea of Seven)
Lumi: 61 (Captain's Challenge: July 2016, October 2016, January 2017, April 2017) (d3m0n hun73r) (The Broken Seal) (Family Matters) (Glory of the Raiders) (C.A.M.P.) (The Maze of the Guilds) (Aether) (Staged) (Mana) (New Year's Revolutions) (Fireheart) (Curse of the Wyvern) (Pokébook VI: World Tour) (Fireheart)

LordZeus: 42 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2016, May 2016, June 2016, January 2017) (The Maze of the Guilds) (Of Blood & Royalty) (Sailing the Neath)
Omnom: 41 (Captain's Challenge: July 2016, April 2017) (The Broken Seal) (Pure Zenith) (C.A.M.P.) (Billionaire's Curse) (Shattered Moons) (Staged) (The Lord of Chimes) (Fireheart)

Mage: 23 (Captain's Challenge: July 2016, October 2016, November 2016, January 2017) (Shattered Moons) (WARRIORS, The Second Moon)
Persistence: 23 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2017) (The Maze of the Guilds) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
TheSunderedSorcerer: 21 (Captain's Challenge: March 2015, May 2015) (The Witnesses) (Sailing the Neath)
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX: 20 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (The Witnesses) (Fireheart) (Darkling Infestation) (Sea of Seven)
Gravity: 17 (Captain's Challenge: February 2015, May 2015, July 2016, January 2017)
SpiritedWolfe: 16 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015) (The Maze of the Guilds) (C.A.M.P.) (Shattered Moons)
ScarlettFire: 16 (C.A.M.P) (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Shattered Moons) (Fireheart)

Craz: 14 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2017) (Shattered Moons) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
Poopsie: 13 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, December 2015) (C.A.M.P.) (The Maze of the Guilds) (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus)
Sacredlege: 13 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
Chaser: 13 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015) (C.A.M.P.) (The Maze of the Guilds) (WARRIORS, The Second Moon)
reikann: 13 (Captain's Challenge: October 2016)
Lael: 13 (Captain's Challenge: July 2016, June 2017) (WARRIORS, The Second Moon) (Sky Full of Æther) (Sea of Seven)
Caesar: 12 (The Broken Seal) (d3m0n hun73r) (C.A.M.P) (Aether)
StupidSoup: 12 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, July 2016, January 2017) (The Wilderness of Machafuko (Chaos)) (The Maze of the Guilds)
Oswin1800: 11 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Crew Challenge: November 2016) (The Revolution)
Deskro: 10 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015) (The Maze of the Guilds)
Nike: 10 (Crew Challenge: November 2016) (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)

Robusto: 8 (Captain's Challenge: May 2015, December 2015)
Nikayla: 8 (C.A.M.P.) (Shattered Moons)
ChildOfNowhere: 8 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (The Witnesses)
NicoleBri: 8 (Captain's Challenge: February 2015, January 2017)
chibibo: 8 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017, March 2017) (Pokébook VI: World Tour)
Vellichor: 7 (Crew Challenge: November 2016, January 2017) (Fireheart)
AllisontheWriter: 6 (Shattered Moons)
LeftyWriter: 6 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Crew Challenge: November 2016)
Megrim: 6 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
Moonwatcher: 6 (Captain's Challenge October 2016, November 2016, January 2017)
EvangelineFire: 6 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Sailing the Neath)
Kelpies: 6 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Create New World)
Rosendorn: 6 (The Broken Seal) (Pokébook VI: World Tour)
TheCrimsonLady: 5 (Captain's Challenge: April 2015)
AndrewRayne: 5 (Captain's Challenge: April 2015)
SirenCymbaline: 5 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Europa: 5 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2017)
Falconer: 5 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
ty7lucky: 5 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Clue: Heathermire Hall)
niteowl: 5 (The Witches' Switches)
LadyLizzLovelace: 5 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Clue: Heathermire Hall) (The Time Games)
Feltrix: 5 (Captain's Challenge: June 2017) (Curse of the Wyvern)
CoffeeCat: 5 (Captain's Challenge: June 2017) (Crew Challenge: November 2016)

Tortwag: 4 (Pokemon MysteryDungeon: The Seventeen Plates of Arceus) (The Revolution)
Lightsong: 4 (Captain's Challenge: October 2016)
Basil: 4 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Remembrance: 4 (Captain's Challenge: December 2016, January 2017)
jumpingsheep: 4 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015, January 2017)
Dracula: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Carina: 3 (C.A.M.P.) (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus)
Jexy: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
HazelGrace16: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
NympheaLily: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
StellaThomas: 3 (C.A.M.P.) (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
RippleGylf: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017) (Mana)
PrincessInk: 3 (Captain's Challenge: June 2017) (Sea of Seven)
FalconryGirl9086: 3 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017, June 2017)
KingLucifer: 2 (C.A.M.P.)
Iggy: 2 (C.A.M.P.)
Veeren: 2 (C.A.M.P.)
Bloo: 2 (The Broken Seal)
Tuesday: 2 (Captain's Challenge: October 2015)
Pompadour: 2 (Shattered Moons)
Lareine: 2 (Shattered Moons)
Mea: 2 (The Revolution)
Snoink: 2 (New Year's Revolutions)
Ninlil: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
KiraThePotatoChip: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
AnarchyWolf: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
passenger: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
fictionfanatic: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Remington38: 2 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Sonder: 2 (Sea of Seven)
Ventomology: 1 (Reverse Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Erebus)
JuliasSneezer: 1 (The Revolution)
Gymnast2801: 1 (WARRIORS, The Second Moon)
NicolMemo: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Sevro: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
TheForgottenKing: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
DreamingForever: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
KAL: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
felidae: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Lau2001: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
marmalade: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)
Desdemona: 1 (Captain's Challenge: January 2017)

Spoiler! :
For those of you who are interested in defeating though you're more likely to join ;P the Pokémon League of the Storybook Region, here are the obstacles in your way.

Champion: AstralHunter - ???

Elite Four 4: Dino - Dragon
Elite Four 3: TheSilverFox - Water
Elite Four 2: Rydia - Fire
Elite Four 1: Wolfical - Dark

Gym Leader 8: Lumi - Fairy
Gym Leader 7: LordZeus - Electric
Gym Leader 6: Omnom - Grass
Gym Leader 5: Mage - Psychic
Gym Leader 4: Persistence - Fighting
Gym Leader 3: TheSunderedSorcerer - Poison
Gym Leader 2: XxXTheSwordsmanXxX - Steel
Gym Leader 1: Gravity - Ground

Challengers: Sheyren (8 badges; 1 Elite)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2487 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

After a long vacation to the Haunted Forest - trust me, it's where all stressed adventurers go to relax - I, Captain Rydia, have returned to find my desk had been replaced with a mound of paperwork.

Fortunately, the top sheet is the list of badges I need to give out so without further ado...

For keeping the civilians safe while I was away and bravely standing up to the traitors who tried to break into my candy supply, I award @Sheyren with this silver shield and the new rank of warrior!

It seems two new adventurers have found their way to our castle while I was gone so welcome and in you come, out of the rain and away from the scary things. I've got a few paper shields around here somewhere, which I'm sure will keep you safe enough! It's great to have two fine adventurers like yourselves in our hall! @Sonder @PrincessInk

One last badge before I set out again and this one goes to @Lael who has trained hard and deserves to be granted this apprenticeship for solving the mystery of who drank the last of the apple juice and didn't replace the carton. We can all rest easy knowing Lael is on the case!

In other news, 5 credits have been granted to TheSilverFox and 7 credits to Sheyren bringing them both that much closer to their next badges!
Writing Gooder

693 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 693
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:46 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Captain's Challenge: Hot! Hot Hot Hot!
As Issued by First Mate Lumi

If you're in the northern hemisphere--but not TOO north; but always too south--always toooooooo south--then you no-doubt feeeeeeel the heat. *fans self*

I know I do.

This month's Captain's Challenge will give you an opportunity to capitalize on your feelings for heat, as well as gain up to nine points under your belt--but you'll have to work for them. You see, the word hot and any word related to it (or phrase, metaphor, simile depicting the heat of something, even figuratively) is sure to get someone sweltering--and that's your job. Whether you're describing the weather, a person, your character's unyielding rage--whatever--you get a point for that storybook post. Boom.

Q: But Lumi, you said it was nine points!

Yes I did, yes I did. You may repeat this challenge for one point in nine separate Storybook posts total, meaning if you're lower on the badge roster, that's nearly two whole badges!

So, to recap:

1 post + heat one way or another = 1pt.
9 posts + heat one way or another = 9pts.

And anything in between. Please post your records in this thread so we may keep up with them!

Arrrrgh! And all that jazz!

Th-th-those active in April and May~
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

693 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 693
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

WORKSHOP CHALLENGE
HERCULES MULLIGAN
(DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS)

worth three points

Team 1. Fantasy
@Tortwag Has arrived
@Sheyren Totes here
@Tenyo the Spectacular
@Chaser has tracked this down

Team 2. Sci-Fi
@Wolfical (who can stay the first 60 mins)
@Nikayla Heya girly
@Rydia <3<3<3 *Loves herself* *confidently*
@FalconryGirl9086 hi

Team 3. Paranormal
@TheSilverFox in attendance
@Lumi is sitting in this team THIS TEAM
@AstralHunter *is present*
@LadyLizzLovelace i have arrived finally

You are all challenged hence: create the storybooks that you developed during the workshop on 10 June! Work together as much as possible, but as long as a storybook shows up representing Callisto, Triste, and/or Nevoaft, all team participants will receive the points regardless of how invested they are in the storybook. Weeee do request that posts be made, but that is not a requirement for the challenge. This is a reward for coming to the workshop. Figure out who will post the storybook and work it out from there!

Good luck (and don't let Team Two win again.)
First Mate Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

251 Reviews

Reviews: 251
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm
View Likes
AstralHunter says...

@Feltrix has earned two credits for Curse of the Wyvern and another for the CC for his post in the same SB. He is now an official member of the Order of the Storybook!

@Sheyren has earned six credits for the CC for his posts in 21st Century, Sea of Seven, Knights of the Green Room: Order of Chaos, Skyrider of R'lyr, Rogue, and the new tagbook. For this, he qualifies for his Warrior badge!

@Wolfical has earned two credits for the CC for her posts in 999 and her new tagbook.

@CoffeeCat, @PrincessInk, @Lael, and @FalconryGirl9086 have each earned a single credit for the CC for their respective posts in the concerned storybooks. In addition, CoffeeCat has also finally joined the Order of the Storybook as a Recruit!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- Paul the Apostle

I love my Captain and First Mate more than I love the stars.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:15 pm
Lael says...

Claiming a point for saying "hot" in the Google [Bot] tagbook. :D
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love."
~1 Corinthians 16:13-14, NIV

2487 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @LadyLizzLovelace @RubyRed @Lumi @FalconryGirl9086 @Nikayla @Sheyren @Rydia

Storybook: Knights of the Green Room: Order of Chaos

The Challenge: Have your character reveal a strange item they have brought along on the adventure, an item which really doesn't have any place on the adventure but which might totally save the day for some strange and unexplained reason. This could be anything from a sock puppet to a cake tin - the more silly, the better.

Completion Time: 1 post.

Credits Awarded: 3 credits.
Writing Gooder

2487 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 pm
Rydia says...

I'd also like a point for mentioning hot in the Google Bot tagbook and I'll be back to give out badges and things either tomorrow or at the weekend! :)
Writing Gooder

251 Reviews

Reviews: 251
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm
AstralHunter says...

Oh-ho-ho, Captain @Rydia has noticed challenger @Sheyren is preparing to challenge her, the second member of the Elite Four, and is now stepping up her game! Her credit is awarded!

@Lael's credit is awarded as well! ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- Paul the Apostle

I love my Captain and First Mate more than I love the stars.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain