We Don't Love Anymore

by Casanova

We always said
Love was a game
Love or be dead
With or without pain
That's what we thought
With or without pain
That kind of love can't be bought

We always said
We could make it on our own
We always said
But we're never happy
When we're alone
But even after everything
We can't see each other
For what we needed each other for
And we wonder why

We don't love anymore
without a kiss
I watch you walk out the door
without a goodbye
without a fire in your eyes
and wonder why
we don't love anymore

We never tried
To make things serious
We never tried
And it came back to bite us
Moving like a spirit in the wind
We were always free,
at least until the end
a large blaze between us
that we thought would never stop
started dimming in the night
started going out before we could stop it

in our last days
while we still had something
until it faded
and

The first days
we were apart
was when
we lost our spark
and we wonder why

We don't love anymore
without a kiss
I watch you walk out the door
without a goodbye
without a fire in your eyes
and wonder why
we don't love anymore

Some days are better than others
Some days are always worse
Some days I don't feel like gettin' out of bed
Other days I'm the corpse in a hearse
Without love I'm feelin' like I'm dyin'
With or without pain
Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'
Take a stake to the heart is worth your love
Or is it a mistake to undertake this kinda love?
Makin' it together was the goal
But we tried to make it on our own

Never lettin' it get serious
Never lettin' it go too far
I guess there's reasons we got tore apart
I guess there's reasons to tell us why we are
what we are
and why we wonder why

We don't love anymore
without a kiss
I watch you walk out the door
without a goodbye
without a fire in your eyes
and wonder why
we don't love anymore

(we don't love anymore)

(I watch you walk out the door)

(and wonder why)

(we don't love anymore)

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm
Astronomer wrote a review...

Hello there, Casanova!
Moonwatcher here with a review! ^-^

I agree that after reading a lyric sheet of "We Don't Talk Anymore" that this sounds eerily like that song. Some parts I even read with the same tune, and can barely distinguish the difference between the lyrics. I understand that inspiration in writing is a common thing, but it shouldn't be /this/ similar. You can try to write something about the same phrase, and heck, even use a phrase from the original work if you really like it, but try your best to be as original as possible. I see that you have said that nothing is original, which is true, but you should at least be able to distinguish two pieces of writing as a work of a specific author.

Also a little bit of a nitpick which isn't really important in terms of presentation because these are song lyrics; the punctuation is all over the place. Some places don't have it, others due, capitalization are at the beginning of some parts but not at others, etc etc. I suggest making your punctuation consistent.

The lyrics are unoriginal, not in the sense of what I mentioned before about this seeming like that other song, but in the sense that most of the lyrics are a bit done to death. Some transitions don't really fit in together very well, which could use some tweaking in terms of flow.

That's all I have to say about this poem. I hope my review helps you out, and have a great day! ^-^

Casanova says...

bruh, one lyric is the same

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:35 pm
amelie wrote a review...

Hey Matt.
So clearly this is based off of the song marmalade mentioned. And it's really awesome that you were inspired by it, but looking at the lyrics of the actual song, some parts are so incredibly similar that it could basically be the same thing.
For instance, the title. "We Don't Love Anymore," is literally in the first verse of the song by Charlie Puth.
And sure, it isn't necessarily a bad thing, and as you've told me before, "Technically nothing is original," but it's certainly based solely on the song which is making it hard for me to recognize this as your own lyrics.

SO THAT BEING SAID
The lyrics themselves are fairly choppy. And it could be that you wrote this as a rap and it fits together in some other way, but the lines just seem to clash, and it's just a constant ordeal of tripping over words and having to read it ten times over to understand.

As for the story, it's familiar for obvious reasons. And it's sad. Though it's somewhat vague, you still get emotion out of it, especially towards the middle.
SLAM that chorus hits you like a hammer at the end. Come on!! I was happy today, why'd you have to do that to me, eh?? It's just so dramatic, which I later realized was pretty damn cheesy, but man that gets emotional.

Other than what I already mentioned, just try and clear up the lines to help with the choppiness bit. Hopefully this wasn't too blunt, I still love you.

-Amelie

Casanova says...

It wasn't blunt, and I still love you too xD

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:10 pm
Charm says...

this song reminds me of "We Don't Talk Anymore" by Charlie Puth featuring Selena Gomez

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus