z

Young Writers Society

2023 YWS Best and Most Awards

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Best Novel: profile/Messenger/portfolio/473773 by @Messenger (A lot of action, I can just imagine everything happening right in front of my eyes.
Best Short Story:https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/AmayaStatham/Why-Try-Walking--When-You-Can-Dance-155948 by @AmayaStatham
Best Poem: Only if... by @Rose
Best Roleplay: The Abductors
Best Avatar: @PKMichelle
Best Club: Harry Potter Club
Best YWS Event: RevMo
Best YWS Contest:RevMo Banner Contest
Best Knowledge Base Resource:
Best Off-Topic Thread:What’s the first word you think of when I say…
Best Reviewer of Prose:@IcyFlame
Best Reviewer of Poetry:@Plume
Best Poet: @Starshipgirl
Best Prose-Writer:
Best Lyricist:@soundofmind
Best Artist:@Rose
Best Scriptwriter:
Best Roleplayer / Storybooker: @KateHardy
Best People Tab Poster: @Ari11 (My bad day always gets good when I read his posts. They are just the BEST!)
Best GIF-user:@looseleaf
YWS Clown: @foxmaster
YWS Spy: @vampricone6783
YWS Socialite:
Most Enthusiastic: @LuminescentAnt
Most Kind: @Rose
Most Chatty: @KaiaJersaga
Most Helpful: @Spearmint
Most Chaotic:@teatiime
Most Classified:
Most Wise: @alliyah
Most likely to be the Egg: @alliyah
Most Likely to the the Golden Goose:
Most likely to bring a smile to your face: @MushuCheesecake19
Most likely to accidentally step into an alternate universe: @KaiaJersaga
Most Likely to have their Holiday Decorations up All Year Long:
Most Likely to be Published:@Snoink
Most Likely to Like this Post: @OrabellaAvenue
Most Likely to Take over the World: @Messenger
Most Likely to Finish a Book Series in a Day: @KateHardy
Most Likely to Complete Their NaNo and/or NaPo Goals:
Most Likely to Complete RevMo in One Day: @Spearmint
Most Prolific Writer: @foxmaster
Most Scholarly:
Most Likely to Already have a Different Username from What You Want to Tag Them With: @gremlingeodes & @creaturefeature
Most Likely Able to do Magic: @AmayaStatham
Most Likely to Get a Friend to Join YWS:@OrabellaAvenue
Most Likely to Welcome a New Member: @IcyFlame
Most Frequent Write-in Attender:
Most Productive in Write-Ins:
Most Beautiful YWS-er: @Spearmint

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:00 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

I haven't been on the site too long and I feel like I don't know enough people or works yet so bear with me, but here are my nominees:

Best Novel: Conqueror Rising: A Prologue I live for the whimsical high fantasy
Best Short Story: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Sunflowerdemon3712/Thing-of-the-mountain-154878#c739182
Best Poem: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/carkes/Lone-Mans-Cry-155956#c745125
Best Avatar: @Quillfeather I love how festive it is!
Best Club: clubs/3068 Clearly
Best YWS Event: NaPo
Best Artist: @Rose your art takes my breath away every time
Best Roleplayer / Storybooker: @KocoCoko you come up with great ideas and all your characters are amazing, plus your descriptions of their emotions are so punchy and hit you right in the guts. It's fantastic!
Best People Tab Poster: @AilahEvelynMae
YWS Socialite: @Quillfeather
Most Enthusiastic: @OrabellaAvenue
Most Kind: @gremlingeodes
Most Chatty: @starshipgirl
Most Helpful: @Spearmint
Most Chaotic: @RazorSharpPencil
Most likely to accidentally step into an alternate universe: @teatiime
Most Likely to be Published: @Snoink
Most Likely Able to do Magic: @GengarIsBestBoy
Most Likely to Welcome a New Member: @Spearmint

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

LuminescentAnt wrote:@Spearmint likes literally every post I make I don't know how

ehehe ;)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:30 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

am i going to end up as our most chaotic? i mean sure im chaotic neutral but still....

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Best Novel: @Snoink's Conqueror series
Best Short Story: @Plume's Lady Alberta stories
Best Poem: @teatiime's dedication collection is cool!
Best Roleplay: @Leya's The Champions of Olympus has been super fun so far :D
Best Avatar: I'm a fan of @alliyah's chicken doodle avvies!
Best Club: #23in23 ;)
Best YWS Event: Roleplay Month :>
Best YWS Contest: Last Ship Sailing (LSS)
Best Knowledge Base Resource: The Big Book of YWS Codes
Best Off-Topic Thread: Out Of Context Quotes
Best Reviewer of Prose: @IcyFlame
Best Reviewer of Poetry: @Liminality
Best Poet: @starlitmind
Best Prose-Writer: @Ventomology
Best Lyricist: @soundofmind
Best Artist: @Ari11 (Ari's character art is so good!)
Best Scriptwriter: @Plume
Best Roleplayer / Storybooker: @Omni
Best People Tab Poster: @LadyMysterio
Best GIF-user: @SilverNight
YWS Clown: @veeren
YWS Spy: @Vypy is rather suspicious >.>
YWS Socialite: @momonster
Most Enthusiastic: @Shady
Most Kind: @starlitmind
Most Chatty: @Quillfeather
Most Helpful: @alliyah
Most Chaotic: @Carina
Most Classified: @BluesClues
Most Wise: @Arcticus and @Snoink
Most likely to be the Egg: @alliyah
Most Likely to the the Golden Goose: @rpGoos, perhaps >.>
Most likely to bring a smile to your face: @AilahEvelynMae
Most likely to accidentally step into an alternate universe: @LadyMysterio
Most Likely to have their Holiday Decorations up All Year Long: @Quillfeather
Most Likely to be Published: @BluesClues
Most Likely to Like this Post: @OrabellaAvenue
Most Likely to Take over the World: @WeepingWisteria
Most Likely to Finish a Book Series in a Day: @Caerulean
Most Likely to Complete Their NaNo and/or NaPo Goals: @RandomTalks
Most Likely to Complete RevMo in One Day: @KateHardy
Most Prolific Writer: @Snoink
Most Scholarly: @Liminality
Most Likely to Already have a Different Username from What You Want to Tag Them With: @gremlingeodes
Most Likely Able to do Magic: @teatiime
Most Likely to Get a Friend to Join YWS: @LuminescentAnt
Most Likely to Welcome a New Member: @looseleaf
Most Frequent Write-in Attender: @Quillfeather
Most Productive in Write-Ins: @gremlingeodes
Most Beautiful YWS-er: @starlitmind
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:29 am
View Likes
Caerulean says...

Spearmint wrote:Most Likely to Finish a Book Series in a Day: @Caerulean

I'm actually a very slow reader. 😅 The fastest I've averaged is 1 book per month, haha. I'm glad, though, that I seem like a fast and prolific reader. xD Unless it meant writer, than I'm MUCH slower even, haha.
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:43 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Sorry I left a lot of spots blank - I realised I haven't been nearly as active as I used to be and it's a lot harder to vote because of that haha, I tried my best ^^'

Best Novel: Gal Paladins by @Ventomology (really enjoy the setting and characters in this one!)
Best Short Story: A Letter to Satan by @GengarIsBestBoy
Best Poem:
Best Roleplay:
Best Avatar:
Best Club: 23in23 Support Group
Best YWS Event: Review Month
Best YWS Contest: The Search for the Golden Goose
Best Knowledge Base Resource: Review Templates
Best Off-Topic Thread:
Best Reviewer of Prose:
Best Reviewer of Poetry: @LadySpark
Best Poet:
Best Prose-Writer:
Best Lyricist:
Best Artist:
Best Scriptwriter:
Best Roleplayer / Storybooker:
Best People Tab Poster:
Best GIF-user: @IcyFlame
YWS Clown:
YWS Spy:
YWS Socialite:
Most Enthusiastic:
Most Kind:
Most Chatty:
Most Helpful:
Most Chaotic:
Most Classified:
Most Wise:
Most likely to be the Egg: @TheEgg
Most Likely to be the Golden Goose: @TheEgg upon hatching
Most likely to bring a smile to your face: @alliyah
Most likely to accidentally step into an alternate universe:
Most Likely to have their Holiday Decorations up All Year Long:
Most Likely to be Published:
Most Likely to Like this Post: @Spearmint
Most Likely to Take over the World:
Most Likely to Finish a Book Series in a Day:
Most Likely to Complete Their NaNo and/or NaPo Goals:
Most Likely to Complete RevMo in One Day: @PKMichelle
Most Prolific Writer: @AmayaStatham
Most Scholarly: @Caerulean
Most Likely to Already have a Different Username from What You Want to Tag Them With:
Most Likely Able to do Magic: @Spearmint
Most Likely to Get a Friend to Join YWS:
Most Likely to Welcome a New Member: @IcyFlame
Most Frequent Write-in Attender:
Most Productive in Write-Ins:
Most Beautiful YWS-er:
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:49 pm
View Likes
Big Brother says...

Best and Most Results 2023

The votes have been tallied, and the results are in! The biggest congratulations to…

Best Novel

This year we have two winners for the best novel! I think I can speak for us all when I say we all love @SilverNight's LMS VI novel, The Last Spell, in which the main characters stumble upon an ancient artifact that may save (and change) the struggling land of Aphirah as they know it. Our other winner is the lovely @Snoink's Conqueror Rising. It's riveting from the beginning to the most recent chapter, starting off with a triple murder in the Prologue! We highly recommend you give both of these wonderful novels a read!

Honorable Mentions: Some other incredible novels this year were The Remarkable Retirement of Edna Fisher by @BluesClues, Purple Stones by @FluorescentAnt, The Lie That Saved the World by @VengefulReaper, an unpublished book by @AilahEvelynMae, Spooky Squad by @GengarIsBestBoy, Williwaw by @Messenger, and Gal Paladins by @Ventomology!

Best Short Story

There is an eight-way tie for the best short story, which makes sense because they've all been incredible this year! The winners are: Fisherman questions life and Why Try Walking… When You Can Dance by @AmayaStatham, Robin Hood and the Silver Pistol by @TheMythMaster, Green Door by @Liminality, Lullabies in December by @Lullaby, Thing of the Mountain by @Sunflowerdemon3712, the Lady Alberta series by @Plume, and A Letter to Satan by @GengarIsBestBoy.

Best Poem

There's so much good poetry to celebrate on YWS for this category we also have a ten-way tie for the best poem! The winners are: genetically modified organisms by @Hijinks, @creaturefeature, and @starlitmind, Cruel Fate by @spottedpebble, Inner Circles by @alpacaboss, What Your Words Taught Me by @AilahEvelynMae, i love like a leaky faucet or i love like a dam breaking there is nothing in between by @LadySpark, variations on a theme of sadness by @yosh, Gifted by @alpacaboss, Only If… by @Rose, Lone Man's Cry by @carkes, and dedication collection by @herbalhour!

Best Roleplay

Roleplaying is such a great way to hang out with friends and build on each others' strengths for collaborative writing adventures. In 2023 our two favorite roleplays were The YWS Express and The Champions of Olympus!

Honorable Mentions: Congratulations also to Dream World, The Waiting Room, The Search for the Golden Goose (Tagbook), and The Abductors!

Best Avatar

Some users are absolutely iconic; you know who they are by just a 100 by 100 pixelated image! In 2023, we voted that @Spearmint had the very best avatar of them all. Spearmint not only blessed us with her own avvie, but throughout the year gifted custom avvies for many many YWSers with her signature pastel doodle art style.

Honorable Mentions: Also give a round of applause to @FluorescentAnt, @PaigeFantasy, @MercedesBlue, @APoltergeist, @TheMythMaster, @AilahEvelynMae, @PKMichelle, @Quillfeather, and @alliyah!

Best Club

Clubs are a great way to find people with similar interests on the site - in 2023 we voted for a new club to be the Best! Followers of Christ started by @alliyah with the admins @momonster @AilahEvelynMae @Quillfeather @Kaia and @LadyMysterio was the winning club this year.

Best Event

There are so many wonderful YWS events throughout the year - this year our very favorite was National Poetry Writing Month, which is when users are challenged to write poems throughout the month of April. Is it April again? #BringBackNaPo This popular site event is facilitated by Poetry Crew along with other moderator support.

Best YWS Contest

We love a challenge, especially when it involves diving deep into the forums of YWS for clues and rabbit trails! In 2023 our favorite YWS Contest was “The Great Birthday Scavenger Hunt” organized by @alliyah.

Best Knowledge Base Resource

We ALWAYS have this one bookmarked or favorited! Our best Knowledge Base Resource of 2023 was the Big Book of YWS Codes.

Best Off-Topic Thread

This year's favorite Off-Topic Thread was make a quote better by adding rigo! It is a super fun thread and we highly recommend you check it out!

Best Reviewer of Prose

The 2023 Best Reviewer of Prose is @IcyFlame! Since January, she has been blessing our works with amazing reviews. She has a lot of wonderful advice and always has insightful suggestions. You can request a review from Icy here.

Best Reviewer of Poetry

This year, @Liminality has taken the prize for the Best Reviewer of Poetry! Her reviews are incredibly detailed and have a very organized and helpful structure to them. You can request a review from Lim here!

Best Poet

This year's Best Poet is a first-time winner in this category! @alpacaboss has written some amazing poems this year, spanning many different genres and topics. You can read some of her great poems here!

Best Prose-Writer

The Best Prose-Writer of 2023 was @Carlito! We've all really enjoyed following her word crawl progress in her Writers Corner thread as well as seeing her tips and encouragement during NaNoWriMo. We wish her the best of luck this year with her novels!

Best Lyricist

The reigning champion in this category, @soundofmind, won it again in 2023! This is her fifth year in a row winning the Best Lyricist award, and it's very obvious as to why. You can listen to her music on her soundcloud!

Best Artist

Drum roll, please… 2023's Best Artist was @Rose! Her drawings are truly amazing; I never knew one could draw such great art with just pencils. You can check out her art here!

Best Scriptwriter

2023's Best Scriptwriter was @Elinor! We all know her from her incredible short film Eagle Rock, but she is also working on a new novel called All Our Yesterdays. We all wish her the best of luck on it and everything else she does in the future!

Best Roleplayer / Storybooker

The Best Roleplayer of 2023 was @Omni! Omni is an amazing roleplayer who is currently working on multiple roleplays and storybooks, such as The Harbinger Syndrome and The Grand Arena. We will definitely be keeping track of those this year!

Best People Tab Poster

In 2023, the Best People Tab Poster was @AilahEvelynMae! She kept us very entertained all year, and we have looked forward to her people tab posts every day.

Best Gif-User

@looseleaf was voted to be the Best Gif-User once again this year! She has impeccable taste in gifs, and you may even notice that her current avvie is an excellent gif!

YWS Clown

The YWS Clown of 2023 was @Quillfeather! She always cracks us up in pad parties and is a lovely person to interact with.

YWS Spy

Quite suspiciously, we had a nine-way tie this year. Apparently the real YWS Spy is great at confusing things to cover their tracks >.> Could it be @LadyMysterio, @Kaia, @FireSpyGirl, @Ari11, @GengarIsBestBoy, @FluorescentAnt, @creaturefeature, @vampricone6783, or @Vypy? Or all of them? <.<

YWS Socialite

@Quillfeather was voted to be the YWS Socialite this year! And indeed, Quilly is an integral part of the social side of YWS, always being ready to chat in wfps and on her wall.

Most Enthusiastic

@Shady was the Most Enthusiastic this year, and there’s no question as to why, with their hit works I Am Very Enthusiastic and Won’t Anyone Tame My Enthusiasm? *claps enthusiastically*

Most Kind

@fatherfig won this category once again this year, which is no surprise! Gem’s empathy makes anyone who talks with him feel understood. As stated on gem’s profile, he does indeed fill the role of “Father Figure,” in the absolute kindest way!

Most Chatty

@herbalhour and @AilahEvelynMae were voted to be the most chatty this year! You may see them hanging out in wfps or making random comments on people’s walls.

Most Helpful

There was this one member who helped out everyone they could with everything, including doodling about a gazillion avatars for users. She’s also been promoted this year to GM, so if you haven’t guessed it yet, it’s …. @Spearmint!

Most Chaotic

@herbalhour was definitely the most chaotic this year. From various conversations in wfps to threads in Randomosity to random posts on people’s walls, she spread the chaos all across yws!

Most Classified

@momonster and @BluesClues were the most #classified this year. >.> Are they up to any #classified shenanigans right now? Hmmm. <.< The world may never know what schemes are brewing.

Most Wise

@Snoink was voted to be the Most Wise this year! She’s shared her thoughtful insights on writing and life on her wall and written many helpful reviews. And what’s more, she can also answer bioengineering questions in the other Rina’s Ask an Engineer thread.

Most likely to be the Egg

@alliyah was voted to be most likely to be @TheEgg this year! Perhaps this is not very surprising, considering the fact that alliyah is the official chicken lady of YWS.

Most Likely to the the Golden Goose

Seems like @alliyah is likely to have another identity as the Golden Goose! Makes sense, considering her love for both birds and reviewing! (And now a question… which came first, the Golden Goose or The Egg?)

Most likely to bring a smile to your face

@AilahEvelynMae brightens up everyone’s days with her lovely personality! (And maybe with silly names as well, like SlayBaboon and GoosBuster. =P)

Most likely to accidentally step into an alternate universe

@GengarIsBestBoy appears to be a universe traveler! In fact, they were teleported to the Backrooms along with @herbalhour and @Ari11 in this roleplay. o.0

Most Likely to have their Holiday Decorations up All Year Long

Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! Boo! According to the YWS hive mind, @alliyah and @AilahEvelynMae are the most likely to keep their holiday decorations up and have festive vibes all year round!

Most Likely to be Published

@BluesClues is already published, in fact! Check out her novel The Remarkable Retirement of Edna Fisher, and subscribe to her club for updates on their current works in progress.

Most Likely to Like this Post

@Spearmint does indeed like a lot of posts! Understandable. Clicking that golden star can be a little addicting. >.>

Most Likely to Take over the World

Uh-oh! Watch out for @Ari11 and @Messenger, who both seem to be likely to take over the world! I bet they’d use a lot of alien tech and the color green in their conquest of the world.

Most Likely to Finish a Book Series in a Day:

While most (or all) of us ywsers read, @starbean and @KateHardy are some of the most avid readers! You can keep track of how many books you read over in the PawPrints club, but good luck keeping up with starbean! She is quite the reader!

Most Likely to Complete Their NaNo and/or NaPo Goals

@Snoink and @RandomTalks were voted most likely to complete their NaNo and/or NaPo goals this year! Great job staying on track with your goals!

Most Likely to Complete RevMo in One Day

@Ventomology absolutely amazed us over the course of Review Month in 2023 (75 reviews in September alone!) and is one of YWS’s strongest reviewers, so it’d be no surprise if she completed RevMo in one day!

Most Prolific Writer

If you’ve been around on YWS for a bit, you’ve likely read some of @vampricone6783’s many stories (as well as reviews). They really seem to always be writing! If you haven’t, give them a read (their genre is usually fantasy/supernatural)!

Most Scholarly

@Liminality’s thoughtful reviews already give this away, but Lim is quite scholarly! Some of her interests include linguistics, philosophy, and poetry. You can appreciate some of Lim’s scholarly contributions over in some of her regular Squills columns like Poetry Windows.

Most Likely to Already have a Different Username from What You Want to Tag Them With

Although we’ve had quite a few username changes recently, @gem @TypoWithoutCoffee @scatteredscones @gremlingeodes @fatherfig takes the win for most likely to have a different username!

Most Likely Able to do Magic

Expecto Reviewnum!

Three users have been suspected to use magic inside YWS territory. These witches are @Quillfeather, @LadyMysterio, and @AmayaStatham ! Who would have thought there were witches with hobbies for writing.

Most Likely to Get a Friend to Join YWS

If there is one YWS-er who's most likely to Get a Friend to Join YWS it’s none other than our lovely @starbean. The more souls the merrier, right? Thank you, star!

Most Likely to Welcome a New Member

This user is not a newbie to YWS, but makes sure that we all feel welcome in this wonderful community. @IcyFlame was voted most likely to welcome a new member! Thanks for greeting new ywsers and making them feel welcome, Icy!

Most Frequent Write-in Attender

If you’re looking for @AilahEvelynMae, you’re likely to find her in a wfp! Ellie spent a lot of time in write-ins this year and probably was a big contributor to wfp’s recent popularity!

Most Productive in Write-Ins

@BluesClues and @fatherfig got a lot of work done in write-ins this year! Excellent job!

Most Beautiful YWS-er:

@Big Brother, how your beauty shines across YWS! Who could deny his rightful place as the Most Beautiful YWS-er with this adorable face?

A warm congratulations to each of our nominees and winners of the 2023 Best and Most Awards! You each help make YWS the wonderful place that it is and we appreciate you!!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:20 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

im gonna sue

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:36 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

no don't do that

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Whoa, am I a spy? Who knows?

Also I love how we all agreed that I was most likely to step into an alternate universe
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:07 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

How DARE you say I'm the most likely to take over the world! These accusations are completely unfounded and downright disrespectful!

Spoiler! :
*hides mind-control ray*

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:24 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

<3 <3 <3
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:17 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I can't decide whether I am more flattered to have been voted "Most likely to be the egg" or "Most likely to be the golden goose" - thank you everyone for this esteemed honor (and thank you for the votes in the other categories too!). :3

Congratulations to all of you fabulous YWS'ers! You are all amazing! <3 <3 <3
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken