Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Dramatic

12+

Unsafe ~ Chapter 14

by dogsrule5

A/N ~ Hey guys sorry it's been so long since I posted a chapter. I had really bad writers block and just didn't know what to do, but I have a good idea of what I want to do for hopefully the next 2 chapters. I want to get to chapter 16 with the ideas I have in mind and then go from there. But here ya go chapter 14! Enjoy!

You eventually wake up remember what happened the scene playing over and over again like a dream. You knew it was real, but it felt like a dream knowing that your best friend had just stabbed you. After all that time you finally realize that Izzy was with them. You begin to feel sad as these thoughts swirl around in your head like a whirlpool. You begin to feel pain from you side, and the pain keeps getting sharper and sharper.

After you feel like you’ve been laying there for hours, you see a car pull up. It’s a sliver car and you don’t recognize it. Someone gets out, but you cannot see who it is. Finally she gets closer, and it’s Marilyn.

You were so thankful Marilyn finally managed to find you. She runs over to you.

“Oh my God. It’s worse than I thought. Irene what happened?”

You can’t manage to say anything. Marilyn lifts you up and manages to get you in her car, and drives you to the nearest hospital.

“Lucky for you, I wasn’t in Pennsylvania today. I was traveling to see my sister, and you called, but its fine, she can wait.”

You were in a hospital bed, and doctors were swarming around you, when they finally knocked you unconscious. As you were knocked out you have a very strange dream.

You see Adam and hear him as he is talking to Izzy.

“Izzy, Irene’s my friend, and I love her. You can’t stop me from loving her.”

“Adam, please. She’s insane you don’t know her like I do.”

“I’m pretty sure you’re just making up rumors. Irene’s nice, I know her on a personal level. I know more about her than you do, since you’re always too busy playing murder games with Amber, Ivy, and Maya.

Izzy then grabs him by the arm putting his hands in handcuffs, and then throwing him into a car. Izzy takes him to this little farm house near a farm... Then you see as she leaves him in the room with the door lock as she drives away, maybe to even find you.

You wake up breathing heavily, Marilyn is sitting there because visiting hours must be open. She looks at you and holds you trying to calm you down.

“Are you alright?”

You look her in the eyes, and tears begin streaming down your face. Not only from the pain, but from the dream you just had. Izzy betrayed you. You figure Izzy and Adam must’ve been friends before you knew Adam. Then Adam loved you instead of Izzy.

“Irene, please talk to me.” Marilyn says in a calming, and friendly tone.

“It’s my fault.” You say looking her in the eye.

“What is?” She questions.

“That Adam is missing.”

“How is that your fault?”

“Because. Izzy took Adam away because she wanted to spend time with him, and I took him away from her. I think Izzy loved Adam, but Adam and I loved each other, so Izzy got mad and took him away. I just dreamed that. It’s all my fault he’s gone, and I have no clue where he is.”

“Irene, no. It isn’t your fault. Also where was he taken in your dream?”

“I don’t know. Some farm house near this certain farm. I seemed to recognize, but I have no clue where it is and have no clue where to look.”

“It’s okay Irene. We’ll find him.”

You begin to calm down as Marilyn’s soothing voice, and her soft touch to your hand.

“You said earlier you were going to visit your sister? Who’s your sister?”

“No one important…” She says suspiciously.

“I know her don’t I?”

“You’re not stupid Irene. Yes you do know her… Very well too.”

“Who is it?”

“She’s a lot younger than I am. It’s Amber.”

“What!? Why would you go visit Amber. Don’t tell me you’re with her now too.”

“No, no, no. You have it all wrong. I visit her to try and stop her from hurting you. Especially now.”

“It wasn’t Amber that put me here though. I don’t think she had anything to do with it?”

“Irene, I know my sister. She definitely had something to do with it. If she didn’t Izzy probably wouldn’t have hurt you.”

“That’s not true. Izzy isn’t really who she seems to be.”

“Well. I’m going to talk to my sister anyway.”

“Can it wait a few days? So I can come with you.”

“Irene, it’s not safe.”

“Neither are you.”

“Irene, she’s my sister, she wouldn’t hurt me.”

“How do you know? She could’ve been the one who was the mystery person who put you in the hospital.”

“Fair point, but-“

“You cut her off.”

“Stop Marilyn. It’s not safe to go to Amber alone. I’m coming with you, whether you like it or not.”

“Fine. When do you get out of here?”

“Three days, at least that’s what the nurse says.”

“Fine.” Marilyn says goodbye and begins to leave. Marilyn seems nervous about the fact that you are going to see Amber with her. Maybe there is someone else there.

Marilyn comes back three days later to get you from the hospital. You ask her a question.

“How much younger is Amber?”

“Around two years.”

“So if she’s 19, you’re 21?”

“Yes, that would be correct.” She says staring at the road in front of her, as she drives along the highway.

“Why are you a cop at such a young age?”

“It was originally my dad’s business, but something happened. It’s no longer a family business. I started working there when I was 19 Irene, when he passed away. It got sold to someone else, but they still allowed me to work there.”

“Interesting.”

“Why do you ask?”

“I was just wondering. I’m sorry about your dad.”

“Just, drop it. Don’t say anything about it.”

She seems very on edge when you talk about her dad. You eventually get to Ambers.

You and Marilyn get out of the car, and ring Amber’s doorbell. A boy answers.

“Marilyn?” He says.

“Clayton, why are you here?” Marilyn says suspiciously.”

“No need to be so scared Mari. It’s all going to be okay.”

“You know what you did Clayton. I’d like to speak with my sister.”

“Will do, come on in.” You both go inside Marilyn giving you a “be careful” kind of glance.

“Amber.” Clayton says. “You have visitors.”

Amber turns the corner, and Amber and Marilyn glare at each other.

“Well, I thought I’d never see you hear again Marilyn.” Amber says

“I wasn’t planning on it, but here I am.” Marilyn says back.

“I see you brought your little friend here. After what happened I wouldn’t think she’d want to come.”

“Stop Amber. You’re taking this way too far.”

“What are you even talking about Marilyn?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about?”

“Izzy is the one that took this too far. I honestly wasn’t planning on doing anything to Irene. What she did to us Ivy and I thought of it as nothing really. We were only going to get back at her by pranking her.”

“Yeah right. Why would I believe that?” Marilyn says. You can hear the anger rising in her voice as she speaks to Amber.

“You mean both of you. You realize Irene is standing right there right?”

“Yes Amber, so I’m aware, I brought her with me, in my car.”

“Yeah sure you did.”

“Amber you need to stop.”

“Stop what?”

“Tormenting this innocent girl and her friends.”

“If you want us to stop then you’re going to have to talk to the boss about that. There is nothing I can do to put an end to this.”

“Go against whoever your boss is.”

“You see, it doesn’t work like that Marilyn. Not in Maya’s world that is. Maya is strict and if you don’t do what she says, then she’ll kill you.”

“Good, I’ll come to your funeral.” Marilyn says.

“Oh. Is that so, I highly doubt that Marilyn.”

You are starting to get worried. This argument is going really far, but you don’t want to get involved.

You are watching as Marilyn is getting more aggressive towards Amber, when finally someone grabs you from behind covering your mouth so you can’t scream for Marilyn. They take you outside, and put you in a car. They drive you away. You look at the driver, its Amber’s boyfriend, Clayton.

“What are you doing Clayton?”

“Doing what should’ve been done a long time ago.” That’s all he says and he continues speeding down the road.

A cop catches Clayton speeding and pulls him over.

“Great.” Clayton says. “Don’t mention anything that I kidnapped you got it?”

“No, I don’t understand. Mind speaking English.”

“Be quiet. Just sit there, and don’t say anything. I’ll handle this.”

The officer knocks on the car window. Clayton rolls down his window.

“Want to explain why you were speeding buddy.” The officer says as he begin writing a ticket.

“You see officer. My girlfriend here was being a little too distracting while I was driving, and I kept getting faster. It’s not really my fault.”

“Girlfriend?” You say. “I thought you were dating Amber. I’m not your girlfriend, nor would I want to be. You randomly put me in your car and taking me…”

Clayton cut you off.

“Where in the world did you get that story? Probably from one of your stupid T.V. shows you watch daily.”

“Stop it Clayton.”

“I see.” Says that officer. He continues to write the ticket, and gives it to Clayton.

The officer gives you a look of concern as he walked away.

“Look what you did, he probably would have let me off the hook if you hadn’t said anything.”

“Clayton. I’m not stupid.”

“Cleary.” He says with a sigh.

“Are you saying you wish I was stupid?”

“Maybe, maybe not.”

“Shut up.” You say slapping him in the face.

“Do that again Irene, and you’ll be wishing you hadn’t.”

“Oh is that a threat.”

There is no reply.

“That’s what I thought.” You say in reply.

Clayton continues to drive and eventually he stops the car pulling it over into a grassy area.

“Get out of the car and follow me.” He says. He sounded serious, but at the same time he sounded unsure if he wanted to do whatever he was going to do.

“Excuse me. I barely know you.”

“Just do it.” This time he said it in a more serious tone, with a ton more confidence.

“Fine.” You say. You get out of the car and look Clayton in the eye. He seems sad.

“Let’s go.” He said with a sigh.

“What’s wrong?” You say. “I know you don’t want to do whatever you’re going to do to me.”

“Look, I don’t, but I have to.”

“No you don’t. You can’t let Amber force you to do things like this.”

“Look it’s just complicated okay. You wouldn’t understand.”

“I wouldn’t understand. I think I’ve been through enough to understand a little bit of drama.”

“It’s more than that Irene. Like I said you wouldn’t understand.”

“Can’t you just tell me what’s going on? What are you going to do to me?”

“Nothing. Okay.”

With that he walks off and leaves you there in the middle of nowhere. You follow him, and you hear a car door slam.

“Clayton wait.” You say.

He just drives off giving you a sad expression. You knew he had to do more to you than just leave you in the middle of nowhere. You knew he had spared you. You wondered what he was going to do to you, but at the same time you didn’t want to find out.

***

You are still stranded in the middle of nowhere and it was beginning to get dark. You had thought earlier that Clayton would come back, but you were wrong. You were still on the edge of the road where we left you. You hadn’t seen cars for hours. The road isn’t busy at all.

You wonder why of all places Clayton dropped you off here. You begin to move away from the road, and begin trying to find some sort of shelter for the night.

You were walking in this field of nothingness for what seemed like forever. You were beginning to think about Marilyn, hoping she was okay considering the fact that she was with Amber. You finally see some little, shed-like, wooden structure. You walk closer to it. You remember when you were in the hospital, seeing Izzy taking Adam to a building like this one.

You instantly run inside. The door creaks, and you hear a gasp.

Adam. You think.

You walk around the shed. You walk into one of the rooms, finding this picture. In the picture is you and Toby. It seems as if you are hugging each other. There are two people behind you. You figure it’s your parents. You wonder how the picture wound up in this dump.

You continue walking and find a random door. You try to open it but it’s locked. You bang on the door. Then you hear a crash coming from behind it. There’s no way you can open it, but you assume there has to be a key around the shed somewhere.

You begin to look around. You walk into the bathroom.

The key most likely wouldn’t be in here. You think. But it’s worth a look.

You look in the cabinets and no sign of it. Just then you notice that the lid to the tank of the toilet is crooked. You lift off the lid, and notice a sliver shining something, taped to the inside of the tank. You take the tape off and it’s a key.

You think it’s an odd spot to hide something but at this point you don’t care.

You run out of the bathroom and down the hall. You unlock the door, and there are stairs. It’s a basement. You grab a flashlight off the counter, and turn it on. You begin escalating down the steps.

You walk into the main area. It’s a finished basement with white carpet. The carpet has blood stains on it.

You start to get worried. Just then you see a chair. Roped to the chair is Adam. You cut the ropes with a dagger you find laying on the floor.

“Oh my gosh! Adam?” You say. “I was so worried about you. Are you okay?”

“Irene, you need to get out of here.” Adam replies.

“What do you mean?”

“Look, there’s no time to explain.” He says.

He looks at you, with a worried expression. Then Adam falls to the floor, and seems to be in pain.

“Adam, are you okay?” You ask worried.

There is no reply. After a minute or so, he stand up, completely fine. He looks at you. His eyes seem darker. He then grabs the dagger of the floor, where you had dropped it. He jumps at you, aiming for your neck.

“Adam what are you doing?” You scream in terror.

You continue dodging his attacks, wondering what’s wrong with him.

After about 10 minutes of him chasing you, he falls to the floor. He falls unconscious. He wakes up, and seems to be in more pain. You throw your flashlight at him, scared he’s going to try and kill you again.

“Irene. You’re here? Why the scared look?” Adam says.

“Adam, what happened to you? You just tried to kill me.”

“Is that why I’m holding this dagger.”

“Adam. What the hell is going on?”

“It’s going to take a while to explain. I promise I will, but in the meantime you should get out of here. I’m not in the best condition right now.”

“What did Izzy do to you?”

“It’s complicated. I don’t exactly know though. I think it’s some sort of drug. It makes me go crazy, and try to kill people other than her. At least I think. Look, I hate doing this to you, but you have to get out of here.”

“Adam, is there a cure?”

“I don’t know.”

Just then you hear a door creak open from upstairs. It sounded like the front door. Adam then drops to his knees, beginning to go crazy again. You run back upstairs. Shutting the door, and locking it behind you. You don’t want Adam getting out in his condition. Before turning the corner, you make sure nobody’s around. Izzy’s in the bathroom, looking for the key.

“Who was here?” She asks. “Who is here?”

She turns around, and it seems as if she’s looking right at you, but you know she can’t see you. You quickly run back out the back door so she won’t hear you, and run back to the road, as fast as you can.

You still have the key, so Izzy can no longer hurt Adam. You continue to run, until you run into someone. You fall to the ground, looking up only to see him looking at you, dead in the eye.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:46 am

Hello Dogs. FlamingPhoenix here with a review for you on this lovely day.

Okay so to be honest with you I can't find anything that is wrong with this story. Event though I have read it so many times, I still can't get used to the stile of writing you are using so I don't really know how to help with it.
But I can tell that your writing is getting better along with your description. And the way you billed up the tension is just great. And talking about tension, why did did you have to end the chapter on such a good cliffhanger?!

This was just a great way to keep your reader hooked, and make them want to read on. but sadly for me you don't have another chapter yet. So I'll have to wait a little while. But it's great to see that you can still write really great chapters.

I think all of your characters are coming along really well and I'm finding out more about them with every chapter. So I do hope that your writers block is gone and i will see more chapters from you. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix. :D
Reviewing with a fiery passion.

dogsrule5 says...

Thanks for the review and yup I will always be here to leave you on a cliffhanger XD! I'm glad you liked the chapter!

There is nothing wrong wit a cliffhanger, I always do that. So I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

dogsrule5 says...

I can't wait for you to read the next chapter! XD

I can't wait too. XD

LadyBug says...

Hello, I'm Jade and I'll be giving my honest opinion on this today. I saw it in the Green Room, read it, and thought it deserved a review.

WHAT I LIKED:
~The detail. You gave a clear picture and I appreciate that.
~The point of view. IDK what to call it but it reminds me of a Choose Your Own Adventure Book. I mean that in a nice way, though.
~The plot. It's a good idea and you should run with it.

WHAT I DISLIKED:
~Personally, I feel a part or two dragged on.
~Honestly, I think the flow was a bit off. You could try to keep moving.
~I saw a few grammar mistakes that makes me feel like this is an unpolished gem.

OVERALL:
I give this a seven out of ten. I haven't read any of the past chapters but you have yourself a new fan! I enjoyed this and I hoped this helped. I'm not trying to be mean so I hope this didn't make you feel bad. Honestly, this is good. You left me wanting to keep reading at the end of every paragraph.

Good luck on your next few chapters and let me know if you want me to review anything else by you! I'd be more than happy to.
-Jade

dogsrule5 says...

I'm glad you liked it, and it might help if you go back and read the other chapters in case you continue with the next chapters! (Also the beginning chapters (I feel at least) are really bad writing, and I never really went back and edited but yeah XD) Thanks for the review!

LadyBug wrote a review...

WHAT I LIKED:

WHAT I DISLIKED:

OVERALL:

-Jade

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.